Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup)

+22
Mr Magoo
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
Soul Kitchen
White84
Tigermin
Norpig
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
wanderlust
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Copper Dragon
gloswhite
rammywhite
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:50 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anybody going? Any predictions?
More importantly- can you pay at the gate as I'm not sure that I'll bother going. I'll decide on Saturday morning

2Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:54 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We'll win this.

3Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:58 pm

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Will Douglas be resting players and concentrating on the league?  Very Happy 

4Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:58 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There has been no announcement as of yet if you can pay at the door and very much doubt it.

After looking on the online ticket website, it seems that there is only parts of the centres (lower) left to purchase and seem to be selling fast.

Looks like it will be a sell out.

Wouldn't have minded some tickets in nob head corner but it seems that they have gone.

Maybe our fans think we have a better chance in the FA cup than the Championsip.

My prediction is a 1-2 loss.

Last edited by karlypants on Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:59 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope he gives himself a rest

6Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:03 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be a replay, then they'll beat us Blackpool.

7Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:34 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Will Douglas be resting players and concentrating on the league?  Very Happy 

I really hope he uses the opportunity to give some of the more promising young players a chance as we have several that could potentially force their way into the first team this season.
In particular I expect Hayden White to get a run out as he made the bench against Boro. I'd also like to see Cian Bolger and Threkeld be given a shot in defence - all 3 could provide answers to our defensive problems rather than throwing more money at it - although whilst Tierney is out we still need a decent left back.
He might also consider some of the younger midfield and attacking players who are close to a breakthrough like Jan Gregus who is undoubtedly a talent.
Josh Vela can't really be viewed as a youngster any more and he's already had a few chances, notably one where he was brilliant and another where he was disastrous, but he's had a bespoke training regime and it's getting to the time where the club has to make a decision one way or the other about him but we'll only find out if he's given a competitive game.
Previous managers haven't done a lot with youngsters so we've ended up paying wages for non-starters like Vaz Te for years without getting a return. Some like Dzemaili (currently playing for Napoli) have gone on to do well so it makes sense to me to put them to the test. If they aren't going to make it we could at least move them on and focus the development budget elsewhere.
I'm not expecting wholesale changes - it's not Dougie's style - but giving a few new faces a shot would be a refreshing and sensible change IMO.

One other thing - doesn't the cup make provision for clubs to play "triallists"? I might be mistaken, but if not perhaps Dougie will be looking to check out a new left back or two.

8Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:40 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If he's going to allow some of the younger players to play then I wish he would say so before the match as I would certainly come along to watch.
But if its the same tired players we've seen labouring for the last three months then I don't think I'll bother. The cup isn't important for us this year and so if its just a training exercise for the current first team, I think I'll stay at home and watch the results come through on Sky

9Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:56 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:If he's going to allow some of the younger players to play then I wish he would say so before the match as I would certainly come along to watch.
But if its the same tired players we've seen labouring for the last three months then I don't think I'll bother. The cup isn't important for us this year and so if its just a training exercise for the current first team, I think I'll stay at home and watch the results come through on Sky

Wonder if Cavies will be brought out of exile? Doubt Dougie will reveal the team sheet early doors though.

10Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:00 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we should do something different in this game, maybe get the fans going before the game, if the players did something like this, I think we'd win.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not going they have had enough money from me.

12Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:09 pm

scottjames30 wrote:I think we should do something different in this game, maybe get the fans going before the game, if the players did something like this, I think we'd win.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Our lot would look more like this:

13Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:09 pm

Lonergan

Baptiste Bolger Ream White

Vela Medo

Hall Gregus Eagles

Wilkinson

Good to have a game against a side in our division, so let's give some of them a go and see how we get on, there's no better time to do it.

14Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:13 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not going and nor should any of you bellends.

The club don't take the cup seriously so why should we.

15Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:18 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently, Gartside wants to win the cup now, to pay some of the debt off, he wants a full house, so get your arse there.

He's taking it serious this year.

16Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:18 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FYI:

Bell End is a village in the English county of Worcestershire. It is situated approximately 3 kilometres (1.9 mi) south-east of Hagley on the A491, north of Bromsgrove and close to Kidderminster, Stourbridge and Halesowen. It lies in the local government district of Bromsgrove.
On the western side of the village is Bell House, a Victorian gothic mansion on the site of the original manor house. It was built in 1847 for Charles Noel, later a High Sheriff of Worcestershire, by the architect Edward Smith of Oldswinford.

17Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:23 pm

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:Apparently, Gartside wants to win the cup now, to pay some of the debt off, he wants a full house, so get your arse there.

He's taking it serious this year.

How do you know this? Have you been talking to him? You know as well as we do that you shouldn't believe much of what he says. He even looks a little bit suspicious

18Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:25 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

karlypants wrote:There has been no announcement as of yet if you can pay at the door and very much doubt it.

After looking on the online ticket website, it seems that there is only parts of the centres (lower) left to purchase and seem to be selling fast.

Don't get too excited their are a shit load of tickets left, the club are selling the the central parts of the stadium first and making their way out.

19Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd be surprised if it wasn't pay on the day for home fans.

20Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Blackpool (FA Cup) Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:34 pm

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'd be surprised if it wasn't pay on the day for home fans.
I would be too, I was hoping to pay on the day on Saturday, I'll still be going either way.

Bolton 3 Blackpool 1 

Lonergan

White---Knight---Baptiste---Ream

Medo---Pratley

Hall---Moritz--Odelusi

Beckford

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum