Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The three Worst Decisions Made By Coyle

+9
scottjames30
Copper Dragon
Angry Dad
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Soul Kitchen
bryan458
White84
xmiles
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The three Worst Decisions Made By Coyle Empty The three Worst Decisions Made By Coyle Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:49 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

1. Extending Knight's contract
2. Signing Pratley for 4 years
3. Not selling SKD to Sunderland in January 2012

1. Abandoning traditional training techniques in favour of table tennis and generally "having a laugh."

2. Being teetotal. Never trust a man who doesn't drink. Especially a Jock - what's that all about?

3. Turning up for work in shorts and a sweatshirt. You were a Premier League manager, not a leisure centre attendant, Owen.......

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Failure to play Muamba enough(substituting him at 0-0 on various occasions from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2 lost all matches he was subbed)When he played we won 5 drew 2 lost 1 over 90 minutes.2 Extending Knights contract for 2 years.3 Having a kick about with the lads (yes he was in charge of a Premiership team) instead of working on set plays,tactics and other general work a professional manager should take on a daily basis.Pratley came in almost joint 3rd ,worst buy since Gerard CID and Mario Lard(fuck me he's fat has ell)jardell.Although Lardell was signed by fat sam(1/2s on a bargain bucket) n CID by the ginger minger.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

1. Signing average championship players for a premiership team.

2. Saying, "we took positives", every week, win or more often than not lose.

3. Same inflexible tactics week in week out.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Re. your comment about never trusting a man that's teetotal Breadman. My Dad used to say the same with the added proviso of having a beard! I have found this as a good lead in life.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Coyle thought he could succeed by enthusiasm alone.

Soul Kitchen wrote:Coyle thought he could succeed by enthusiasm alone.

I've got a chocolate Labrador like that, but I wouldn't let him run my football club.

Gartside out!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Coyle thought he could succeed by enthusiasm alone.

I've got a chocolate Labrador like that, but I wouldn't let him run my football club.

Gartside out!
Exactly!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1. Not playing Klasnic enough
2. Playing SKD too much
3. Picking his useless mates for important roles

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Ngog or Sordell!

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Soul Kitchen wrote:Re. your comment about never trusting a man that's teetotal Breadman. My Dad used to say the same with the added proviso of having a beard! I have found this as a good lead in life.
Also there is something dodgy about a man that has never worn a pair jeans or a tee shirt in his entire life.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

1, Leaving Burnley (all downhill ever since).
2, Asking Steve Davis to go with him.
3, Signing Ngog for £4 million.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1. Taking up football.

2. Learning how to talk.

3. Refusing to play table tennis for Northern Ireland .

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

About time we all moved on from coyle.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:About time we all moved on from coyle.

I don't think that it's taken over anyone's life Boggers, they are just commenting on a subject about Coil on a messageboard, that's all.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see his name mentioned even more than I see comments from you. Yeah, It's that bad

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

1)Leaving Burnley
2)Signing bad players for us
3)Flawed tactics

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just being a thick jock twat who couldn't run a burger stall never mind a premiership team.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Trying to change the tactics without changing the players he was left with by Megson

Keeping faith with SKD long after it was clear that Kev was no longer viable as a starter and should have been used as an impact sub

Signing players who didn't improve the squad while the likes of Klasnic and Elmander disappeared just when they were coming good.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:1, Leaving Burnley (all downhill ever since).

It all went downhill when Stuart Holden got injured. He was what made the system we played work. And work it did. Not half. The football at Bolton in 2010/2011 was exquisite until Holden got injured. I went on holiday just before the Semi Final at Wembley where fans of Liverpool, Villa, Everton, you name it, just wanted to ask me about Owen Coyle, namely his availability.

What followed was strange. It's like he was conned into thinking the only remaining option was to play hopeless hoofball up to Kevin Davies every week. We also lost Elmander, who he thought he could simply replace with Klasnic, whose movement was nothing like Elmander's.
The 2011/2012 season was largely plagued by us playing long, aimless balls up to slow, immobile forwards like Davies and Klasnic. In parts, we tried tightening it up with a 4-5-1 lead by Ngog which got us some great results, but it wasn't to Owen's taste.

It's strange that he came to Bolton with a reputation for wanting the game played the right way, and left with no bigger a reputation for such than the dour bellend he replaced.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum