Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forest Could Have Been Us!

+9
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Copper Dragon
Culcheth_White
wessy
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Forest Could Have Been Us! Fri Jan 10 2014, 16:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back at the end of 2011 the Bolton board were about to ditch Owen Coyle. They had already approached Billy Davies about taking over and he'd bought himself a club tie.

For some crazy reason Gartside/Eddie Davies/Whoever is running this joke club decided to give Coyle one more chance and the rest is depressing history.

We ended up getting relegated and Forest came out of the doldrums and started to compete playing attacking football. They had Andy Reid, we had Darren Pratley.

Just imagine if the club had stuck to their guns and gone with Billy Davies, we'd have a creative team challenging for promotion. In fact, it actually makes me angry when I see Notts Forest thumping Prem teams and thrashing Championship shite.

Would you rather be Forest as well?

2Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Fri Jan 10 2014, 16:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Of course we'd rather be Forest but it's nothing to do with Billy Davies.

He's not the reason they'll always have a solid income stream in their fanbase, nor is he the reason they're not in £170m debt as we are.

Just look at the shit he left Derby in despite the millions he spent.

3Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Fri Jan 10 2014, 20:54

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Billy Davies is just a nearly man, he talks the talk but that's all he does, Football goes in cycles, Just now i would prefer to be in Forests position, However whilst we flirted with European football Forest fans looked on enviously. Pre that of course when Forest ruled Europe the whole of football looked on in envy not just Bolton.

You quote Andy Reid against Pratley, Reid will cause problems tomorrow, but he wouldn't have been on our bench in Big Sam's days. As i said cycles. 

We haven't always made shit decisions just difficult to get it right over such a long period of time, who was at the helm during our great days ? Gartside & Eddie Davies guess no one was giving them stick then.

4Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Fri Jan 10 2014, 20:59

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Back at the end of 2011 the Bolton board were about to ditch Owen Coyle. They had already approached Billy Davies about taking over and he'd bought himself a club tie.

Is this actually true?  Rolling Eyes

5Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Fri Jan 10 2014, 21:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:

Is this actually true?  Rolling Eyes

Yes, it's in his wardrobe inbetween a Homer Simpson tie and a Wacky Races one.

6Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Fri Jan 10 2014, 22:27

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Little bawling bottling Billy.

Dyche wrote:I'd like to have an injury crisis like the one Billy has, he's down to only 30 fit players to chose from

7Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Fri Jan 10 2014, 23:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:I think Billy Davies is just a nearly man, he talks the talk but that's all he does, Football goes in cycles, Just now i would prefer to be in Forests position, However whilst we flirted with European football Forest fans looked on enviously. Pre that of course when Forest ruled Europe the whole of football looked on in envy not just Bolton.

You quote Andy Reid against Pratley, Reid will cause problems tomorrow, but he wouldn't have been on our bench in Big Sam's days. As i said cycles. 

We haven't always made shit decisions just difficult to get it right over such a long period of time, who was at the helm during our great days ? Gartside & Eddie Davies guess no one was giving them stick then.

Billy Davies is fine as long as he has got money to spend. As soon as the cash dries dries up he throws his teddy out of the pram and blames the Chairman and directors of whichever he is at for their lack of ambition.

8Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Fri Jan 10 2014, 23:50

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Copper Dragon wrote:Little bawling bottling Billy.

Dyche wrote:I'd like to have an injury crisis like the one Billy has, he's down to only 30 fit players to chose from

That did make me chuckle when I heard him say that.

9Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 08:00

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Billy Davies hahahahaha, he's worse than Freedman.

No fucking way.

10Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 08:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:I think Billy Davies is just a nearly man, he talks the talk but that's all he does

Better to have a nearly man than a never man.

Of course, he was just talking when they put five past West Ham. I'm sure he was just talking as they took more points than us in 2013.

He took over Forest not long before Dougie came here - us with our fancy PL players and Forest with nobody. We are now poles apart.

11Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 08:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:I think Billy Davies is just a nearly man, he talks the talk but that's all he does

We are now poles apart.

We'll see at tea time, wont we.

12Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 12:53

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just for the record i never compared Davies to Freedman, i just make the point that Davies regularly gets to the position of success then it just falls apart. Freedman as a lot to prove the question is will he get the chance to turn this around.

One other thing Freedman pipped Forest by one position last May.  Who managed Forest? one Billy Davies who's side shone then failed?

13Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 13:02

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Billy Davies is a shit manager, expect Forest to crumble, it wouldn't surprise me if even us beat them today.

They beat a team full of kids 5-0 WHU u7s, wow.

14Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 13:55

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are you ok today scott

15Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 14:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Are you ok today scott

Boggers, why you say these things?

16Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 14:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I care

17Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 18:48

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well debate over if that's how Billy Davies sides play i think we got lucky, Good game though apart from time wasting. Dann's & Lonergan did well today

18Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 19:51

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Great game today and we should be proud of the lads, they gave everything and you can't ask for anything more than that. I thought Forest were time wasting, cheating twats btw.

19Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sat Jan 11 2014, 21:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lonergan made a great save! Danns indeed did well. Was a good game

20Forest Could Have Been Us! Empty Re: Forest Could Have Been Us! Sun Jan 12 2014, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:Great game today and we should be proud of the lads, they gave everything and you can't ask for anything more than that. I thought Forest were time wasting, cheating twats btw.

Encouraging that we had the club that we supposedly aspire to be on the ropes towards the end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum