Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cans of lager for 25p

+6
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
largehat
Banks of the Croal
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Cans of lager for 25p Empty Cans of lager for 25p Fri Mar 23 2012, 22:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

David Cameron says it's madness that we can buy lager for 25p a can.

I wouldn't mind some directions to his off-license.

Prick.

2Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Fri Mar 23 2012, 22:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can get 4 for 75p in tesco.

I'm not very good at maths but i think thats below 25p a can.

3Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Fri Mar 23 2012, 22:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You can get 4 for 75p in tesco.

I'm not very good at maths but i think thats below 25p a can.

We know that. But as a five year old couldn't get pissed off it, it's not appropriate information.

The average can of lager that the nation enjoys costs probably just short of a pound. So not cheap.

4Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Fri Mar 23 2012, 22:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I get your point but you know how politicians work, technically he's actually right.

And anyway, the problem isn't the price, the problem is the culture.

5Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Fri Mar 23 2012, 22:40

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Got my back up did this, like a drink, don't go out causing bother, now could be penalized for liking a drink.

6Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Fri Mar 23 2012, 22:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm being serious here i would have a "chav twat" tax on everything.

the majority of people who go out until they can't stand up, end up in hospital having their guts pumped are Chav girls with more slap on than a fcuking john lewis make up attendent.

The chav males on the other hand get their "drink on" and purposely start fights to show off to their pregnant slapper girlfriends.

7Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Fri Mar 23 2012, 22:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've never understood drinking until you can't stand up.

I drink daily because I love the taste of a good lager or gin or whatever and I like the effects of having had a few units. Sometimes, I take it too far and start to slur when I talk, but I don't set out with that intention like a lot of people do. I can't understand the fun in being absolutely hammered.

Like BOTC mentioned, people that can enjoy a drink sensibly are being punished and only a set of wankers would think that what they're proposing is a fair system.

8Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Fri Mar 23 2012, 23:06

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I only drink premium lager (5%+ ABV), so I don't know if the minimum price per unit thing will affect that quite as much as the cheaper stuff.

What it will hammer is the white lightning brigade, the dirty bastards. The new legislation is aimed at cutting down binge drinking, but it's not binging if you're pissed every day.

9Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Fri Mar 23 2012, 23:14

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Draw the line at White lightning, but my drink is between 5, 5.5 per cent Cider or Lager.

10Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Fri Mar 23 2012, 23:53

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My thoughts are that the proposed changed is aimed at the White Lightning brigade primarily, but normal people who like a few cans of lager are going to get stung in the pocket as well.

There is a real problem with the underclass in this country drinking themselves into an early grave on high strength cider and dirt cheap wine. In some cases, stealing and robbing to pay for it.

And that's the really stupid thing about this move. They'll just commit more crimes, rather than cut down their drinking. If the street price of smack goes up, crime goes up - it's the same thing. Similarly, those who aren't criminals will be spending food money to maintain their alcohol consumption.

If you've been drinking yourself into oblivion every day for 20 years, you're going to want to continue at all costs.

It's a real mess.

11Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Sat Mar 24 2012, 02:09

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Just a thought, if this comes in, we might get a reduction in price at the Reebok. For the stuff they serve.

12Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Sat Mar 24 2012, 13:59

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Absolutely agree with LH, the whole thing is a mess, and in reality, these steps, or any steps, should have been made some time ago. There's one thing I'm not sure of though , minimum price, who benefits from the extra revenue? Is it the retailer, (to cover his reduced takings), The brewers, or the government, in yet another tax?

13Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Sat Mar 24 2012, 23:26

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyway, got me slightly pissed head on, how about having a Maximum Price Per Unit, say about 50p per unit.

14Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Sun Mar 25 2012, 21:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see how the government can implement a policy of having a minimum price on alcohol. It goes against everything that the free enterprise market stands for.

Perhaps, as a starter, they should initially introduce the levy in the House of Commons bar as a pilot scheme ?

15Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Sun Mar 25 2012, 23:36

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I don't see how the government can implement a policy of having a minimum price on alcohol. It goes against everything that the free enterprise market stands for.

Perhaps, as a starter, they should initially introduce the levy in the House of Commons bar as a pilot scheme ?

Exactly, and goes directly against the EU directive for Free Markets, so if they did try to implement it I can see a huge battle happening in Brussels!!! Another reason for the UK to leave the EU???

16Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Sun Mar 25 2012, 23:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There are already lots of other laws surrounding the supply and consumption of alcohol, though admittedly I don't know of any that deal specifically with price.

For example, a single spirit measure can only be served in 25 or 35ml measures. Any barperson consuming alcohol behind a bar is breaking the law, although it happens all the time on the telly.

Anyway, point I am making is, they could probably implement it into the existing licensing laws somehow without the EU getting involved.

17Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Mon Mar 26 2012, 01:22

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's easily solved.

Bring the price of bitter and real ale down to 5 pence a unit and put lager, cider and alcopops up to £5 a unit.

Let's see if the street vomiting, nurse beating, head stamping, window breaking swines change their drinking preferences.

18Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There'll always be cheap booze for those that want it whether it's dragged back from Calais, knocked off or the dawn of a resurgence in the home brew market. This is more about tax revenue than drinking habits.
As regards town centre drunkenness, the police have always had the power to check ages, make arrests and clubs and pubs have always had the power not to admit or serve people.
If they wanted to stamp it out they could always make the use of the existing powers a legal obligation and actually enforce it.

19Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Mon Mar 26 2012, 13:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:There are already lots of other laws surrounding the supply and consumption of alcohol, though admittedly I don't know of any that deal specifically with price.

For example, a single spirit measure can only be served in 25 or 35ml measures. Any barperson consuming alcohol behind a bar is breaking the law, although it happens all the time on the telly.

Anyway, point I am making is, they could probably implement it into the existing licensing laws somehow without the EU getting involved.

Largehat, apart from football, is there anything you're not an expert on?

20Cans of lager for 25p Empty Re: Cans of lager for 25p Mon Mar 26 2012, 20:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Largehat, apart from football, is there anything you're not an expert on?

Millinery ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum