Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Salarys on a bonus scale.

+5
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
karlypants
wanderlust
White84
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Salarys on a bonus scale. Sun Jan 19 2014, 15:40

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If the players got 1/5 th of their salary for losing 1/2 for a draw but full wages plus 50% win bonus on top me thinks results might be a bit better by a long way?They get paid too much for being losers.              So what we lose 7-1 they still drive their £ 25-000 motors home to a life only we can dream of.             If say player A earns 25-000 loses and takes home £5-000 but the next week we win he earns £25-000 +50%=37-500.Then concentration levels and fight would increase.Am I wrong or does anyone think this system would work.Although I doubt any player would sign up to a bonus related scheme.After all the poor darlings having to survive on £ 5-000 a week if they lost.Money for nothing and your chicks for free.Dire Straits circa 1985.

2Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Sun Jan 19 2014, 15:48

I was just going to start a thread asking if we really thought the players gave a shit about getting tanked yesterday, but you've saved me a job with this, 84.

Years ago, before the players started getting paid by the wheelbarrow load, they had to live in the community they represented, so they interacted with their fans everyday.

Nowadays, they all live in castles with moats round 'em and machine guns and stuff, and they no doubt get their shopping flown in by helicopter from Fortnum & Mason's, so they never actually meet real people.

And Euxton is like a prison camp, so the public can't just rock up and have a chat.

I think they are too far removed from the real world to have to give a shit.

I know Spearing apologised to the fans, but talk's cheap and we've heard it all before.

We need to get them actually caring again and the only way to achieve it is to hit 'em where it hurts.

In the pocket.....

3Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Sun Jan 19 2014, 15:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:If the players got 1/5 th of their salary for losing 1/2 for a draw but full wages plus 50% win bonus on top me thinks results might be a bit better by a long way?They get paid too much for being losers.              So what we lose 7-1 they still drive their £ 25-000 motors home to a life only we can dream of.             If say player A earns 25-000 loses and takes home £5-000 but the next week we win he earns £25-000 +50%=37-500.Then concentration levels and fight would increase.Am I wrong or does anyone think this system would work.Although I doubt any player would sign up to a bonus related scheme.After all the poor darlings having to survive on £ 5-000 a week if they lost.Money for nothing and your chicks for free.Dire Straits circa 1985.
Sadly, performance related pay has nothing to do with the contracts they're on.

4Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Sun Jan 19 2014, 16:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do like you idea there White but I'm still in favour of the whip!

5Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Sun Jan 19 2014, 18:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've had this conversation with my nan a million times.

In the real world, there are big short-term consequences for people being shit at their jobs. But football isn't the real world. That a total of fourteen clubs have paid for the services of Gary Megson and/or Owen Coyle gives that away somewhat.

We could start being arsey about contracts. There's nothing stopping us paying players minimum wage in the future. It's just that by doing that you drive your transfer market competitiveness right down.

6Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Sun Jan 19 2014, 18:19

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That's why I said I doubt any player would sign or agent advise them to sign.

7Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Sun Jan 19 2014, 18:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

We could start being arsey about contracts. There's nothing stopping us paying players minimum wage in the future. It's just that by doing that you drive your transfer market competitiveness right down.

If we had a manager and staff that could spot potential in the lower leagues we could get by. Someone being paid £600 a week at Burton is going to jump at the chance to play for Bolton for £1000 per week. Still big money but much more manageable.

In the olden days that's what managers actually did, now all they do is moan about their budget and how they can't afford to buy Ronaldo and Messi.

8Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Mon Jan 20 2014, 19:47

mgsg24

mgsg24
David Ngog
David Ngog

My thoughts on this topic could be radical and a long way off but something has to be done at some level by someone who has the balls…. Jimmy Hill eat your heart out

Like all supporters who spend hard earned cash in supporting their team; all footballers should recognise their dedication and commitment. 
As for the constant argument that a footballers career  being potentially short hence the high wages, they should consider the average Joe/Janet in the stands; how for no fault of his/hers they get made redundant, do they get higher salaries to compensate this, don't think so. Anyway how many of them play past 35-38, does this mean that they are now too old to work. Ask yourself how many then go on to have a second career, i.e. football management, coaching, private business. This short career now really now only applies to the lower Divisions 2&3 they hardly get a king’s ransom.

All players should be paid a flat wage which is the added to by performance. Christ there is enough use of match stats currently in analysing each game to do this.
They should be paid on assist, tackles and time on the pitch. Heaven forbid they should they get injured while on 1st team duty, they should receive only 50% average incl. bonus of the team level they are currently playing in (i.e. 1st/Training/Development). 

Additionally if they got sent off they would only receive the wage based on the score at the time they left the pitch. Any player who was playing would even know by the time they got out of the shower that the earned wage had been paid into their account…...

Pay linked to sending offs could take away the stupid sending off & hounding of the refs. Refs should also be given an Orange card that could be used en-mass to teams that hound them for decisions or decent etc... These orange cards could be used as follows: 3 Orange and you’re off, 2 Orange & 1 Yellow and you’re off, Red as normal

But the major change for me would be that these agents (who cream of every Player & Club alike) should only be receiving there cut from the player (not the club), so the motivation must come from firstly the player and reinforced by the agent. 

It certainly would focus; commitment and dedication issue for each player and no doubt stop the sitting on the bench taking weekly hand-outs for doing nothing

This would reduce a large amount of the wage bill for those who do not earn it and will ensure that the fans & Club received what they are due, in terms of effort, commitment and entertainment. Everyone loves someone who gives it his all week in week out regardless of ability; those are the players who forgiven there short comings or bad days and even idolised. 

Imagine if “Peter Kay or Amir Khan” failed to turn up, all the fans would be baying for a refund, therefore why not us Fans & the Clubs….

End of my rant     :Overreact:::mad:: :zzz:

9Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Mon Jan 20 2014, 21:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I enjoyed your rant. We all know football is money mad and loyalty and commitment are a thing of the past - but while the fans continue to pay for tickets and merchandise nothing will change.

10Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Mon Jan 20 2014, 21:41

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

mgsg24 wrote:My thoughts on this topic could be radical and a long way off but something has to be done at some level by someone who has the balls…. Jimmy Hill eat your heart out

Like all supporters who spend hard earned cash in supporting their team; all footballers should recognise their dedication and commitment. 
As for the constant argument that a footballers career  being potentially short hence the high wages, they should consider the average Joe/Janet in the stands; how for no fault of his/hers they get made redundant, do they get higher salaries to compensate this, don't think so. Anyway how many of them play past 35-38, does this mean that they are now too old to work. Ask yourself how many then go on to have a second career, i.e. football management, coaching, private business. This short career now really now only applies to the lower Divisions 2&3 they hardly get a king’s ransom.

All players should be paid a flat wage which is the added to by performance. Christ there is enough use of match stats currently in analysing each game to do this.
They should be paid on assist, tackles and time on the pitch. Heaven forbid they should they get injured while on 1st team duty, they should receive only 50% average incl. bonus of the team level they are currently playing in (i.e. 1st/Training/Development). 

Additionally if they got sent off they would only receive the wage based on the score at the time they left the pitch. Any player who was playing would even know by the time they got out of the shower that the earned wage had been paid into their account…...

Pay linked to sending offs could take away the stupid sending off & hounding of the refs. Refs should also be given an Orange card that could be used en-mass to teams that hound them for decisions or decent etc... These orange cards could be used as follows: 3 Orange and you’re off, 2 Orange & 1 Yellow and you’re off, Red as normal

But the major change for me would be that these agents (who cream of every Player & Club alike) should only be receiving there cut from the player (not the club), so the motivation must come from firstly the player and reinforced by the agent. 

It certainly would focus; commitment and dedication issue for each player and no doubt stop the sitting on the bench taking weekly hand-outs for doing nothing

This would reduce a large amount of the wage bill for those who do not earn it and will ensure that the fans & Club received what they are due, in terms of effort, commitment and entertainment. Everyone loves someone who gives it his all week in week out regardless of ability; those are the players who forgiven there short comings or bad days and even idolised. 

Imagine if “Peter Kay or Amir Khan” failed to turn up, all the fans would be baying for a refund, therefore why not us Fans & the Clubs….

I only wish players were paid by their production.  Unfortunately you would have eleven nutters starting and Nat managing... which today sounds pretty good!

11Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Tue Jan 21 2014, 16:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Does anybody know how the law is on fining players?

I read an article in the Mirror yesterday about Aiden McGeady. He couldn't get into Spartak Moscow's side and they were constantly fining him for the most ridiculous reasons, just to get the wage bill down.

Obviously it's trickier for us knowing that in the meantime we have to rely on a lot of soon to be out of contract players, but I'd certainly be looking at Mears and looking for any legal justification of penalising the bastard.

12Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Tue Jan 21 2014, 16:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Does anybody know how the law is on fining players?

I read an article in the Mirror yesterday about Aiden McGeady. He couldn't get into Spartak Moscow's side and they were constantly fining him for the most ridiculous reasons, just to get the wage bill down.

Obviously it's trickier for us knowing that in the meantime we have to rely on a lot of soon to be out of contract players, but I'd certainly be looking at Mears and looking for any legal justification of penalising the bastard.

BWFC will face the same employment laws as anyone else. Verbal warning, written warning, then fuck off.

Having said that, does refusing to play for another club break employment law, I suspect not. However, if he's ever caught masturbating in the toilets he can be shown the door.

13Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Tue Jan 21 2014, 16:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was asking in another thread if anyone knew anything about options to take this a step further i.e. termination of contract.
Don't think I've ever heard of a player being actually fired, but there must be some grounds for dismissal that could be looked into - although it would be a stretch to argue that playing shite = "gross incompetence", "gross misbehaviour" or "bringing the club into disrepute" or anything similar that would justify firing them.

Don't they issue performance warnings in football clubs? Maybe it's just rendered unviable by compensation clauses in modern contracts? Anyone know?

14Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Tue Jan 21 2014, 16:55

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:

I was asking in another thread if anyone knew anything about options to take this a step further i.e. termination of contract.
Don't think I've ever heard of a player being actually fired, but there must be some grounds for dismissal that could be looked into - although it would be a stretch to argue that playing shite = "gross incompetence", "gross misbehaviour" or "bringing the club into disrepute" or anything similar that would justify firing them.

Don't they issue performance warnings in football clubs? Maybe it's just rendered unviable by compensation clauses in modern contracts? Anyone know?
How about impersonating a football player?

15Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Tue Jan 21 2014, 17:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

mgsg24 wrote:My thoughts on this topic could be radical and a long way off but something has to be done at some level by someone who has the balls…. Jimmy Hill eat your heart out

Good post with some interesting ideas. One of my pet hates is the way players gang up and harass referees. There should be a rule that only the captain can approach the referee. Look at Rugby for example. It's a brutal sport but the players behave with respect towards the referees and only the captain discusses contentious issues with the official in charge..

16Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Tue Jan 21 2014, 18:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

BWFC will face the same employment laws as anyone else. Verbal warning, written warning, then fuck off.

Having said that, does refusing to play for another club break employment law, I suspect not. However, if he's ever caught masturbating in the toilets he can be shown the door.

What about fornicating with the enemy?

Perhaps we could smuggle you into Euxton where you might finally put them wonky tits to good use.

17Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Tue Jan 21 2014, 18:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

What about fornicating with the enemy?

Perhaps we could smuggle you into Euxton where you might finally put them wonky tits to good use.

She would end up like a wonky tit in a trance!

18Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Tue Jan 21 2014, 19:20

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't that Chelsea player get sacked for drug abuse? Forgot his name...

19Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Tue Jan 21 2014, 19:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adrian Mutu?

20Salarys on a bonus scale. Empty Re: Salarys on a bonus scale. Tue Jan 21 2014, 19:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, that's the guy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum