Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

West Brom boss will talk with Craig Dawson over potential loan move

+2
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

West Brom boss will talk with Bolton Wanderers target Craig Dawson over potential loan move

WEST Brom boss Pepe Mel has confirmed that he is considering loaning out Wanderers target Craig Dawson.

The Spanish coach says the former England Under-21 international centre half is still very much part of his long-term plans at The Hawthorns.

But Mel told The Birmingham Mail that he will talk with Dawson about the possibility of a temporary move – raising hopes that he could come back for a second spell at the Reebok.

Wigan Athletic are among several clubs looking to bring the young defender back for the Championship, where he was a revelation for Dougie Freedman’s side last season.

But sources close to the player believe Wanderers is his destination of choice, leaving the way clear for a return that would be warmly received on the terraces.

“All of the clubs in the Championship want Craig Dawson,” said Mel.

“He’s an excellent centre-back, he’s a young player and he has a big future for us.

“It’s something we need to talk about with Craig. The advantage of the system in England is that you can loan him out for one month and he can have game time.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/10967082.West_Brom_boss_will_talk_with_Bolton_Wanderers_target_Craig_Dawson_over_potential_loan_move/

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:West Brom boss will talk with Bolton Wanderers target Craig Dawson over potential loan move

WEST Brom boss Pepe Mel has confirmed that he is considering loaning out Wanderers target Craig Dawson.

The Spanish coach says the former England Under-21 international centre half is still very much part of his long-term plans at The Hawthorns.

But Mel told The Birmingham Mail that he will talk with Dawson about the possibility of a temporary move – raising hopes that he could come back for a second spell at the Reebok.

Wigan Athletic are among several clubs looking to bring the young defender back for the Championship, where he was a revelation for Dougie Freedman’s side last season.

But sources close to the player believe Wanderers is his destination of choice, leaving the way clear for a return that would be warmly received on the terraces.

“All of the clubs in the Championship want Craig Dawson,” said Mel.

“He’s an excellent centre-back, he’s a young player and he has a big future for us.

“It’s something we need to talk about with Craig. The advantage of the system in England is that you can loan him out for one month and he can have game time.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/wanderersnews/10967082.West_Brom_boss_will_talk_with_Bolton_Wanderers_target_Craig_Dawson_over_potential_loan_move/

I can see Dawson coming back to Bolton but let's hope it's not just for a month.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My thoughts exactly...

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Needs to be rest of the season, preferably with an option to buy but rest of this season at least. Otherwise no thanks. I rate the lad but what's the point of a one month loan? that's maybe five games tops and we have twenty league matches left so we need someone available for all of them.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Really would be a morale booster this one for club and fans.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fuck it.

Other clubs are interested, this means we cant afford it.

He will end up at wigan.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Fuck it.

Other clubs are interested, this means we cant afford it.

He will end up at wigan.
The conversation is about going on loan - not specifically coming to us. Mel will look for the best deal. If Dawson specifically wants to come to us, that may swing it, but I imagine they'll be looking for top dollar - not our strongpoint.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd like him back but we can't afford to be in a bidding war for a player who's coming on loan and will never be ours. If it's a loan with a view to a permanent move I'd look at it but the West Brom manager seems keen on Dawson and only wants him out on loan to get game time under his belt. That being the case I feel we should offer the same deal as we did last time (whatever that may be) and hope the lad's desire to play here swings it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum