Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How much do we pay these players per week?

+4
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trying to get my head round what options we have in the summer and get some insight into what kind of team we might have for the 14/15 season.
Assumptions are that there will be no new funds available, any signings will be based on no or low transfer fee and must not increase the overall wage bill.
Also assuming that all the players whose contracts expire will not have their contracts renewed (although there's an outside chance that Holden will stay if he gets back to anything like he was)
And that two, maybe three development players will come into regular contention e.g. White, Sanmi and an outsider e.g. Bastos or Clough so we could perhaps focus on other positions.
So how much will be in the pot if we release all the following players whose contracts are up? My guess is:
Eagles - £30k
Moritz - £25k
Trotter - £20k
Holden - £30k
Juke - £20k
Mears - £30k
Danns - £20k
Knight - £25k
Lee Barrett - £10k

That's £210k a week but I may be well off the mark. Does anyone know what any of them are actually on?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Trying to get my head round what options we have in the summer and get some insight into what kind of team we might have for the 14/15 season.
Assumptions are that there will be no new funds available, any signings will be based on no or low transfer fee and must not increase the overall wage bill.
Also assuming that all the players whose contracts expire will not have their contracts renewed (although there's an outside chance that Holden will stay if he gets back to anything like he was)
And that two, maybe three development players will come into regular contention e.g. White, Sanmi and an outsider e.g. Bastos or Clough so we could perhaps focus on other positions.
So how much will be in the pot if we release all the following players whose contracts are up? My guess is:
Eagles - £30k
Moritz - £25k
Trotter - £20k
Holden - £30k
Juke - £20k
Mears - £30k
Danns - £20k
Knight - £25k
Lee Barrett - £10k

That's £210k a week but I may be well off the mark. Does anyone know what any of them are actually on?

I can't believe our 3rd choice keeper is taking home £10k per week!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Trying to get my head round what options we have in the summer and get some insight into what kind of team we might have for the 14/15 season.
Eagles - £30k
Moritz - £25k
Trotter - £20k
Holden - £30k
Juke - £20k
Mears - £30k
Danns - £20k
Knight - £25k
Lee Barrett - £10k

I can't believe our 3rd choice keeper is taking home £10k per week!
I've no idea - hence asking the question. Someone might know how much of the wage bill can be (potentially) made available for the manager by releasing these players. I say potentially because there's no guarantee that the Board will let the manager spend what (s)he saves.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would guess that Danns and Trotter will sign permanent deals with us and maybe Holden if he proves his fitness, but the rest can go. If the figures are accurate then it would save us well over 100k a week and probably be nearer 150k.
Of course some of the players could re-sign on lower contracts but it would very very unlikely they would accept that. Some other mugs will no doubt offer them similar wages.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jutkiewicz was a straight swap for Craig Davies. 8k a week

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What is the average of Championship players wages?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:What is the average of Championship players wages?
A damned sight less than we pay our current lot.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The average Championship player is on £5k so if Wanderlust is anywhere near accurate, Dougie's got even more explaining to do than usual.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:The average Championship player is on £5k so if Wanderlust is anywhere near accurate, Dougie's got even more explaining to do than usual.
I'm just guessing Doff. Somebody must know the truth though. I know Ngog was on £35k a week.

Also Confirmed:
Eagles £30k
Mears £25k
Knight: "high 20s"

No idea about the others but these 3 alone would save over £80k a week (£4.16 million a year)
Dougie's managed to offload Ngog, and I bet he can't wait to see the back of these 3.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just found out about a couple of players whose contracts are not up for renewal in the summer. Wheater is on around £20k and Beckford took a pay cut to come to us, but was reportedly on over £40k a week beforehand! Gawd knows what we're paying him.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our highest earner was ngog on 35k, now it's eagles on 30.

Beckford - 27k
Chung and Davies - 25k
Knight & Holden- 22k Holden's wage currently being paid by USMNT
Spearing - 20k
Wheater, medo, baptiste and mills - 17k

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Our highest earner was ngog on 35k, now it's eagles on 30.

Beckford - 27k
Chung and Davies - 25k
Spearing - 20k
Wheater, medo, baptiste and mills - 17k
If this is right, I'm surprised it's not more. That said our total wage bill is the lowest it's been since 2008 so we are least heading in the right direction.
But when you consider that the average Championship wage is £5k a week it shows that we still have a long way to go.
All the opposition players that have turned us over this season must love relish beating our prima donnas and unfortunately we can't get players in that wage bracket to replace them until we get the current lot off our books. 

I can't see any business case for renewing or even renegotiating any of their contracts and it's a shame that there aren't more whose contracts are up soon.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

I presume this will be some sort of insurance?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It could be worse, we could have Citys wage bill at this level which is something like £410k a day!  Shocked 

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Eagles - £30k
Moritz - £25k
Trotter - £20k
Holden - £30k
Juke - £20k
Mears - £30k
Danns - £20k
Knight - £25k
Lee Barrett - £10k

I think Boggersbelief is pretty accurate with his figures, on post 11. You are way out on Juke & Moritz though. Moritz is one of our lower paid players and I don't think he'll be on much more than 10k a week, the same definitely applies to the Juke as well. There is no way Lee Barrett is on 10k a week, I'd be surprised if he was on more than 3k a week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum