Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"The cheque is in the post."

+9
luckyPeterpiper
Bolton Nuts
White84
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Angry Dad
Whitesince63
wessy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1"The cheque is in the post." Empty "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 11:18

"Of course I love you!"

"No, I didn't eat your chocolate."

All fat people are jolly.

Black people can't swim.

If you play Paranoid by Sabbath backwards you can hear Ozzy summoning the devil.

Elvis is living in Hull.

Oswald did it on his own.

And here's the biggest urban myth / outright lie that people tell:

"We can't afford to sack Freedman."

Seriously, where do people get this idea from?

I started counting comments saying this on various threads on here and I gave up at about thirty.

Yes we can afford to sack him and I'd argue that we can't actually afford to keep him.

Rant over.

Sorry.

2"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 11:52

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Understand your meaning Breadman, of course we can't afford to be relegated and defeat today would make this a real possibility, but the reality is that we had to ship out every man and his dog, just to afford some second rate championship loanee.

So Can we really afford compensation for Dougie all his back room staff, then re employee another set of journeymen?  Doubt that myself but over to you Eddie Davies?

3"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 11:56

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think the fact he's still here proves we can't afford to sack him, I can't think of any other good reason he's not gone before now.

4"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 12:21

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

He's Joke the clubs a joke they all want sacking,what other club would put up with this dick head.

5"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 12:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said this before and I'll say it again,we can't afford NOT to sack him.

6"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 12:35

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:I've said this before and I'll say it again,we can't afford NOT to sack him.

Easy to say that bb and few wouldn't wish we could start again but the fact is we really are broke. We would certainly have to pay off contracts for Freedman and Co if we were to replace him from outside. The only cheaper option would be to garden leave them off and use JP and LSL until the season ends. Yes they'd expect more pay but not as much as a full replacement would cost. On the other hand, if you believe we'll stay up, even if you know it's not right, then stick with DF then review in the summer when finances are clearer. That's why I don't believe they'll get rid.

7"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 13:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said it a million times before - name me one club that has ever kept a manager on because they couldn't afford to sack him.

Name me one club that hasn't sacked a manager once he loses the fans.

Lose today, or draw today and lose against Burnley and Freedman will be out.

8"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 13:10

If we really, honestly, absolutely can't afford to pay him off, they might as well lock the doors and put The Reebok up for sale now.

Because any football club that isn't able to sack the man responsible for their worst league start for 50 years and winning only 2 league games at home all season, shouldn't be in business.

And I'm starting to think that Eddie Davies is like one of those Soviet presidents from days of yore, who died and stayed in office for months afterwards, never appearing in public and communicating from behind a locked door.

Because if I was him, I'd stand the loss of 500,000k personally, if necessary, to protect the club and try and avoid making the situation even worse, ie allowing Freedman to take us down, before sodding off with his compo anyway.

9"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 13:21

I discovered Coyle had been sacked whilst sitting by a pool on holiday, when a very nice bloke from Leicester sought me out especially to tell me, because we'd been chatting about football in the bar the previous night and he knew I was a Bolton fan.

We fly out to Tunisia on Friday morning............

10"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 22:27

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Now there is open rebellion in the stands its just a matter of time before Freedman gets the bullet, after today's disgraceful showing I can see us getting a thrashing on Tuesday. Burnley must be able to smell the fear all the way from Turf Moor.

11"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sat Feb 08 2014, 22:29

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This twat DF (dumb fuk)needs to go the fact that Mark Davies was sacrificed for Medo before Trotter spoke volumes.Trotter was one dimensional one paced slow to the tackle.While Mark Davies didn't have his greatest match he was quicker to the tackle than Trotter who looked very much the Millwall reject.Then they equalise and he brings on Moritz.Why Mark Davies and Moritz can't be accommodated in the same midfield puzzles me.I don't think we will go down Yeovil,Charlton,Millwall and Barnsley are probably worse than us.The only plus for me was Juke held the ball up finished his chance sublime.But we give a goal away within a minute.That was because we were too busy congratulating ourselves being two up Zat Knights wonder ball to Juke.Basic concentration I said to my mate FFS don't give one away straight away I could see it coming good strike probably caught the wind but 5 players backing off.The writing was on the wall.Then DF took our only attacking quick midfielder off for Medo.Trotter looked unfit and his substitution was too late.Sack him now.2 wins all season 10 draws at home.As soon as we score we drop back deeper,only when the opposition score do we try and go forward.

12"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sun Feb 09 2014, 00:22

Bolton Nuts

Admin

People keep saying we can't afford to sack him and all his backroom staff.

Well just sack Freedman and keep the rest on.

If they want to follow Freedman to a new club they can resign and the new club can pay us compensation for them...

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

13"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sun Feb 09 2014, 00:24

Biggie wrote:People keep saying we can't afford to sack him and all his backroom staff.

If they want to follow Freedman to a new club they can resign and the new club can pay us compensation for them...

Word to the man!!!!

Why didn't I think of that?

14"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sun Feb 09 2014, 01:14

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:People keep saying we can't afford to sack him and all his backroom staff.

But if they don't want to resign and a new manager wants to bring in his own team then we have to sack them and pay them off anyway or the new guy won't take the job. In this sort of case there is only one way to do this. One out, all out.

15"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sun Feb 09 2014, 01:18

Bolton Nuts

Admin

You sack Freedman.
Then you look for a new man and tell him you already have staff in place - they are staying until the end of their contracts.
If we employ an out of contract manager he doesn't already have any staff in all likelihood anyway. 
It's not like when we tool Freedman or Coyle from another club and they wanted to bring people across with them.

There are many managers who would see Bolton as a good job to have a crack at even if they have restrictions.

16"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sun Feb 09 2014, 02:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:You sack Freedman.
Then you look for a new man and tell him you already have staff in place - they are staying until the end of their contracts.
If we employ an out of contract manager he doesn't already have any staff in all likelihood anyway. 
It's not like when we tool Freedman or Coyle from another club and they wanted to bring people across with them.

There are many managers who would see Bolton as a good job to have a crack at even if they have restrictions.

I see where your coming from here Biggie, and I quite agree with it.

Are you still in favour of Freedman even though we are stuck in this rut?

17"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sun Feb 09 2014, 12:08

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I would sack him if we are in the bottom 5 by march 1st.

However, I think his main issue is simply making bizarre subs and defensive changes at the wrong point. If he can get over that then a lot of his work is good.

18"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sun Feb 09 2014, 12:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:You sack Freedman.

sorry but this is laughable.

19"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sun Feb 09 2014, 12:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:I would sack him if we are in the bottom 5 by march 1st.

However, I think his main issue is simply making bizarre subs and defensive changes at the wrong point. If he can get over that then a lot of his work is good.
Biggie I do take your point here but I think the biggest problem Dougie has is his inability to motivate the players. We concede in the first five minutes of the second half in far too many games. We don't look like we're giving it our all for 90 minutes and by his own admission we go missing for large chunks of the match week after week. 

He has tunnel vision on tactics that simply add to those woes, refusing to change a system that has brought us to the bottom six of the championship with no sign he can lift the players and thus get the results to lift the team up the table. I fear that if we wait till March 1st as you suggest we will be in the bottom three never mind five and it'll be too late for a new manager. I advocated giving Dougie until the end of the season for a long time but it's crystal clear to me now that he's not going to reach the players and make them play the way they did this time last year. 

I don't know what he does during the week but something is missing. During my time as a Trotters Fan I've been fortunate enough to see three managers I would deem to be superior. Ian Greaves, Bruce Rioch and Sam Allardyce. All of them seemed to know which man needed a kick up the posterior and which needed an arm around the shoulder to get the best out of him. All of them had a clearly defined strategy but they adapted their tactics week by week in order to play to our strengths and to avoid letting the opposition play to theirs in order to achieve that strategy. 

Of course we aren't going to have managers of the calibre of SAF or Wenger, at least not for long because such men wind up with a big club job sooner or later but we can find managers like Sam, call them the top of the "good manager" list while SAF, Gardiola, Mourinho and others are the "genius league". 

Sadly as long as Gartside runs the show and picks the manager we'll only wind up with more Megsons, Coyles and Freedmans. Men who talk a good game, flatter to deceive for a while then get found out as the one dimensional journeymen they are.

20"The cheque is in the post." Empty Re: "The cheque is in the post." Sun Feb 09 2014, 12:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:
If he can get over that then a lot of his work is good.

I can't think of a single thing of note that Freedman has done - except getting rid of that ponce Ngog.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum