Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Royal Mail Wankers?

+4
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Royal Mail Wankers? Tue 27 Mar - 16:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The cost of a 1st class stamp is going up from 46p to 60p from the end of April, an inflation busting 30% increase.

Is this the biggest rip-off in history or a fair price to pay for sending a letter across the country?

2Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Tue 27 Mar - 16:08

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I only post a few letters per year, so they can shove it up their ass.
also i never get my post before 12 0 clock, lazy bastard's.

3Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Tue 27 Mar - 16:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:I only post a few letters per year, so they can shove it up their ass.
also i never get my post before 12 0 clock, lazy bastard's.

But I'm guessing you live out in the sticks and Royal Mail have to send a van out specially for you and your neighbours. 60p sounds a bargain to send a letter to you.

4Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Tue 27 Mar - 16:14

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

That is a good point, still a set of greedy bastard's.

5Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Tue 27 Mar - 18:01

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Royal Mail is a fantastic organisation which provides excellent value on the whole.

A 30% overnight increase in the price of anything is difficult to justify though.

6Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Tue 27 Mar - 18:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's still cheap considering what they do for 60p.

7Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Tue 27 Mar - 19:14

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It is, Hipster, but it's just the sort of overhead that will hit small businesses more than anyone else.

8Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Tue 27 Mar - 19:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Consider the usefulness of a postage stamp. Although small in stature it always sticks to it's task until it reaches it's final destination

9Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Wed 28 Mar - 19:21

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

wankers .

10Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Wed 28 Mar - 20:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

well it does look as though they are heading towards privatisation - sell off a national company for a quick profit (possibly to either reduce national debt or reduce taxes for the wealthier sector of the population) - and then nothing long term coming in....

In Holland, the post was nationalisised and operated by TNT - that changed last year when TNT sold off the postal unit, and it was making large losses. PostNL is still maing on average €500,000/month losses. The average price of a 1st class stamp is around €1.20 (as size and weight of the post determines the price) and post doesn't get delivered until about 230pm!!!!

11Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Wed 28 Mar - 20:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes privatisation is such a good idea. Look at the railways. Three times the subsidy, most expensive fares in the world (probably) and worse service ever but the rich bastard Tory owners are doing alright.

12Royal Mail Wankers? Empty Re: Royal Mail Wankers? Wed 28 Mar - 21:32

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:Yes privatisation is such a good idea. Look at the railways. Three times the subsidy, most expensive fares in the world (probably) and worse service ever but the rich bastard Tory owners are doing alright.

Only Japan is more expensive, but look at their railways - the fastest in the world, the most modern annd no subsidies. But Japan are in a complete league of their own, compare our railways to other parts of the world we are a 3rd world nation when it comes to the train network, but with the most expensive prices! Even the most recent Government report concludes the same and what do they suggest - sweet FA!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum