Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your Team and System using current crop of players

+15
Soul Kitchen
Whitesince63
carrs
observer
Tigermin
wessy
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Copper Dragon
Norpig
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have no problem replacing Spearing, but looking at that Midfield Hipster. Most Fans do not rate Pratley most have a downer at this time with Eagles, most feel Chungy only plays when in the mood, Most may be happy with Danns (industry) And for some strange reason based nothing i have witnessed the Messiah is Mavies!!! this guy produces one performance in 12 if your lucky, yes he runs with a ball better than most, and yes he should be the boss man at this level.

But he rarely ever reaches a level of performance that is acceptable for a team in our predicament. in short in the most part we carry him.

So for me three of your selections are light weight at this time, and one will never be good enough that leaves Danns Yes you guessed a loanee.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wessy wrote:
The solution (laughably) on here is to select a team from players who don't play for us (left back) select a player at this crucial stage who has never played at centre half (Baptise), bring a player in at right back who is so far out in the cold that he saw Captain Scott's husky, Mears (really).

My team mate, so I'll pick who I want!

As far as I'm concerned we have a major problem at left back - I've banged on about it before - so nothing new from me.

I just don't rate anybody fit at the club who can fill the role so I see the priority is to bring some natural defensive left back in, pronto. Is that really so laughable? Others on this thread have picked a fullback who isn't even able to play because of injury - I would have thought that to be more odd myself.

Baptiste had an outsanding season last year as a centre back at Blackpool - so not sure why you don't think he's ever played in that position before???

As for Mears I think the problem he's not playing is as much to do with a clash of personalities than his skill level. It's not as though we are exactly spoilt for choice for players, so if I was the new boss I'd at least try and get the best out of what players we have - rather than keep them in the dustbin because the last manager put them there.

You've got to play the cards you are dealt - that's all I'm trying to do.

Anyway, what would your team be?

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I understand wanderlust but it's one element that must be present, nobody said Spearing couldn't pass at Liverpool or Eagles at Man Utd they obviously have a talent. But confidence is key.

You saw it drain away last night, as soon as they scored the crowd turned and performances dropped.
There is a something seriously wrong when no one runs into space, when they don't look for the ball and as you say stop closing down. i can't think of any element at our football club that at this moment is working. We are in serious trouble because teams below us will put something together at some point, but can we?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:I have no problem replacing Spearing, but looking at that Midfield Hipster. Most Fans do not rate Pratley most have a downer at this time with Eagles, most feel Chungy only plays when in the mood, Most may be happy with Danns (industry) And for some strange reason based nothing i have witnessed the Messiah is Mavies!!! this guy produces one performance in 12 if your lucky, yes he runs with a ball better than most, and yes he should be the boss man at this level.

But he rarely ever reaches a level of performance that is acceptable for a team in our predicament. in short in the most part we carry him.

So for me three of your selections are light weight at this time, and one will never be good enough that leaves Danns Yes you guessed a loanee.

the fans don't "rate" anyone, the only players they do are the ones who are not playing or on loan, but of course if they pop into the team the ones they replace become the "answer"

fact of the matter is Danns and Pratley both have defensive and offensive abilities, spearing and medo don't. Thats honestly my only reasoning for putting them in there.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:I understand wanderlust but it's one element that must be present, nobody said Spearing couldn't pass at Liverpool or Eagles at Man Utd they obviously have a talent. But confidence is key.

You saw it drain away last night, as soon as they scored the crowd turned and performances dropped.
There is a something seriously wrong when no one runs into space, when they don't look for the ball and as you say stop closing down. i can't think of any element at our football club that at this moment is working. We are in serious trouble because teams below us will put something together at some point, but can we?
I agree it's a vital element and that in the past Spearing and others have shown talent, but if as you suggest the two are interlinked, then it's a two-way street.
If I'd been playing as badly as Spearing has recently then my confidence would be down the pan too. 
Still it would be nice to think that the team could be revitalised by a good shrink.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Fair play Sluffy forgot that it was supposed to be a new manager etc, The Tierney selection is another that i term laughable, surely it has to be from players available.

What i am trying to say is we really can't even put a couple of names down that are a given. we change with the changes made by DF by that i mean most would have picked Lonergan now its Bogden again just because he has the shirt. We cannot pick a settled side. 

My team ? thought i said the fans are clueless ?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wessy wrote:
My team ? thought i said the fans are clueless ?

You're not a fan in this thread mate - you're the manager!

So then, what's your team?

(Only meant in joke - no need to put one up if you don't want too)

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Fair play Sluffy forgot that it was supposed to be a new manager etc, The Tierney selection is another that i term laughable, surely it has to be from players available.

You find it laughable, no one gives a fuck.

It's jut a bit of fun....

Oooooooh, get her.........!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I would play a mid like this...

Danns    Pratley

Eagles                                            LCY

Mark Davies

Juke

Ha ha, one upfront. Are you Dougie?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I would play a mid like this...

Danns    Pratley

Eagles                                            LCY

Mark Davies

Juke

Ha ha, one upfront. Are you Dougie?

Mark Davies isn't a midfielder IMO. Much better an second striker in the hole. With two decent players sitting behind him he could thrive.

if you make him one of a 2 in the middle he's anonymous.

Wessy. Sorry mate thought this was a forum.Ideas and opinions obviously have no place here. Everyone post blank posts from now on please. Thanks

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:Wessy. Sorry mate thought this was a forum.Ideas and opinions obviously have no place here. Everyone post blank posts from now on please. Thanks
Yes it's a forum and nothing wrong with a bit of debate or fun, so point taken, just if your going to do it then just maybe you should select from the players available just as our beloved leader must do.

So if it makes you happy picking a guy with a broken leg, or selecting people who aren't even signed up, then enjoy if it makes you guys happy then all the better.

Or maybe you should just post a blank, would make just as much sense.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
wessy wrote:Fair play Sluffy forgot that it was supposed to be a new manager etc, The Tierney selection is another that i term laughable, surely it has to be from players available.

Boggers the truth is no one gives a fuck (your choice) about your team selection either. 

Seeing it's just a bit of fun you seem to have taken the time to have a pop, so for someone just having fun whilst not giving a fuck, you seem to be having no fun whilst actually giving a fuck.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster my boy you put Pratley in ???? Please dont comment on any game,formation etc etc ever again as you have just shot yourself in the foot on a very very large scale,Pratley ha ha ha fuck me brilliant !!!!

Wessy you need chill out mate. If you don't like the thread or people's opinion stay away. Don't be such a cock. Smile

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:Wessy you need chill out mate.  If you don't like the thread or people's opinion stay away. Don't be such a cock. Smile
Its just an opinion on the thread don't be so touchy, i thought that was what it was about, but i thank you for your concern. I never said i didn't like the thread just think its a bit daft picking players who can't play.  The definition of cock must be to not agree with everyone, sorry mate. Note to myself make sure you agree with everyone in future.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wessy wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Wessy. Sorry mate thought this was a forum.Ideas and opinions obviously have no place here. Everyone post blank posts from now on please. Thanks
Yes it's a forum and nothing wrong with a bit of debate or fun, so point taken, just if your going to do it then just maybe you should select from the players available just as our beloved leader must do.

So if it makes you happy picking a guy with a broken leg, or selecting people who aren't even signed up, then enjoy if it makes you guys happy then all the better.

Or maybe you should just post a blank, would make just as much sense.

Point of order.

Our 'beloved leader' is trying to sign a left back before our next game - I was simply suggesting doing the exact same thing for my team - why doesn't that make any sense to you?

Think maybe you are taking the thread a little bit more seriously than it is intended!

Go on give us your team and have a laugh along with the rest of us!

You know you want too!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Boggers the truth is no one gives a fuck (your choice) about your team selection either.

You looked at and commented on my team selection, so much for not giving a fuck about it..

Nice try buddy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum