Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you take a defeat to see the end of Dougie?

+17
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
gloswhite
Culcheth_White
Angry Dad
aaron_bwfc
Triumph
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
carrs
observer
rammywhite
bwfc71
Sluffy
doffcocker
21 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Well....

Would you take a defeat to see the end of Dougie? Vote_lcap40%Would you take a defeat to see the end of Dougie? Vote_rcap 40% [ 10 ]
Would you take a defeat to see the end of Dougie? Vote_lcap48%Would you take a defeat to see the end of Dougie? Vote_rcap 48% [ 12 ]
Would you take a defeat to see the end of Dougie? Vote_lcap12%Would you take a defeat to see the end of Dougie? Vote_rcap 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All this "I could never wish for my team to lose because I love my club for ever and ever" bollocks gets on my nerves.

Supposing the majority are right, and Dougie is a gormless fool.
Is one defeat that big a price to pay to get rid?

Do you think if Derby fans could change their 1-0 defeat at Forest earlier in the season that saw the end of Nigel Clough, they'd change it? Would they fuck.

So suppose losing at Millwall tomorrow would definitely get Dougie the sack. Would you take it?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's a no from me.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I there was an option that says "If we lose we sack the first team and play the rest of the season with the second xii and youth squad" then I would have opted for that.

When we had Megson at the helm I definitely wanted to lose to get rid of him and it was heading that way with Coyle. But with Dougie its a no win situation - even if we replaced him and brought in a more decent manager I honestly do not think they would inspire the current crop of pathetic money grabbing idiots to play decently and move away from the relegation dog-fight.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

This is too hypothetical- win, lose or draw, Dougie is going nowhere. It's wishful thinking to even suggest that he'll be shown the door if we lose
So- no I  want the Wanderers to win and win substantially.
But I don't think they will.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

NO... and I hope we win ten straight starting tomorrow.

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

As soon as DF pointed to the run of home games and our away points tally you got the feeling he was in the final throws of rolling the dice in preparation for total failure and relegation should others around us pick up points.

He'll sack himself through poor performances and results. We get to see if he leaves us enough time to save our status in the Championship.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc71 wrote:I there was an option that says "If we lose we sack the first team and play the rest of the season with the second xii and youth squad"  then I would have opted for that.

When we had Megson at the helm I definitely wanted to lose to get rid of him and it was heading that way with Coyle.  But with Dougie its a no win situation - even if we replaced him and brought in a more decent manager I honestly do not think they would inspire the current crop of pathetic money grabbing idiots to play decently and move away from the relegation dog-fight.

So I suppose the Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan and Spurs fans thought the same about their situations did they. Bollocks a new manager wouldn't make a difference, these players are under performing because of Freedman not because they're poor players. Get real and open your eyes. He has to go and go now now because nothing's changing until he does.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, absolutely definitely. Anyone who says otherwise is either an armchair fan or lying.

We'll probably lose the next 10 games under Dougie so anyone who says they wouldn't take the deal is also very stupid.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I never want us to lose, never ever.

I think Freedman has been given all next season to turn us around, I honestly think if we get relegated he'll still be here next season.

I think that Gartside is a muppet.

I think the fans will have to suffer some more yet.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

yes and no.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Honest answer is yes, I am fucking sick of the crap that has been dished out at the reebok this season. IF and it's a big IF IMO you said to me that one more loss today and he is gone I would snatch your hand off....it's got that bad for me.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I hope we get fucking hammered and there's a big demo and the fat one and The Jock get canned.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Whitesince63 wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:I there was an option that says "If we lose we sack the first team and play the rest of the season with the second xii and youth squad"  then I would have opted for that.

When we had Megson at the helm I definitely wanted to lose to get rid of him and it was heading that way with Coyle.  But with Dougie its a no win situation - even if we replaced him and brought in a more decent manager I honestly do not think they would inspire the current crop of pathetic money grabbing idiots to play decently and move away from the relegation dog-fight.

So I suppose the Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Wigan and Spurs fans thought the same about their situations did they. Bollocks a new manager wouldn't make a difference, these players are under performing because of Freedman not because they're poor players. Get real and open your eyes. He has to go and go now now because nothing's changing until he does.

But they have been in a different situation, in the fact they have players that to to ply football - ours are just lazy and not up for any challenge and most of the squad has been like that since the Coyle days. IF it had been Souness at the helm or any other "named" manager I do believe we would still be in the same predicament because of the players and not of management.

The club, during the summer, needs to sack, cancel contracts and possibly sell ALL of the current 1st XII and start to rebuild from that point. Bring in players from youth and 2nd XII and cheap up and coming players from all over the world (not just England) - and let them show they have fire in the belly to play football rather than just be there for the money!!!

Yes Dougie has made a few cock-ups, but can you name one manager that hasn't? And like any other manager and any other job learning is part and parcel as it never ends, but you cant polish a turd (i.e. you cant make out lousy players play for their lives)

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc71 wrote:
But they have been in a different situation, in the fact they have players that to to ply football - ours are just lazy and not up for any challenge and most of the squad has been like that since the Coyle days.  IF it had been Souness at the helm or any other "named" manager I do believe we would still be in the same predicament because of the players and not of management.

The club, during the summer, needs to sack, cancel contracts and possibly sell ALL of the current 1st XII and start to rebuild from that point.  Bring in players from youth and 2nd XII and cheap up and coming players from all over the world (not just England) - and let them show they have fire in the belly to play football rather than just be there for the money!!!

Yes Dougie has made a few cock-ups, but can you name one manager that hasn't?  And like any other manager and any other job learning is part and parcel as it never ends, but you cant polish a turd (i.e. you cant make out lousy players play for their lives)

You still not recalled or explained that end of season run and failure of dear doug to maintain momentum
Put the sick doug down

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

carrs wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:
But they have been in a different situation, in the fact they have players that to to ply football - ours are just lazy and not up for any challenge and most of the squad has been like that since the Coyle days.  IF it had been Souness at the helm or any other "named" manager I do believe we would still be in the same predicament because of the players and not of management.

The club, during the summer, needs to sack, cancel contracts and possibly sell ALL of the current 1st XII and start to rebuild from that point.  Bring in players from youth and 2nd XII and cheap up and coming players from all over the world (not just England) - and let them show they have fire in the belly to play football rather than just be there for the money!!!

Yes Dougie has made a few cock-ups, but can you name one manager that hasn't?  And like any other manager and any other job learning is part and parcel as it never ends, but you cant polish a turd (i.e. you cant make out lousy players play for their lives)

You still not recalled or explained that end of season run and failure of dear doug to maintain momentum
Put the sick doug down

A flash in the pan by the players who did exactly the sort of run under Coyle, near the end of the season were we have a good run and then lose/draw the last game (and on one of those we were actually sent down) and it happened last season where we had a good run near the end and then lose last/draw game - it wasn't a freak last season as it has happened for the last 4 or 5 seasons - majority of the year complete mediocre and very very poor - then a good run of 7-10 games and still nothing (or as I say on one occasion we got relegated) - how can that be Freedman's fault when it actually happened under Coyle as well, with the majority of same players???

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

bwfc71 wrote:
carrs wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

Put the sick doug down

A flash in the pan by the players who did exactly the sort of run under Coyle, near the end of the season were we have a good run and then lose/draw the last game (and on one of those we were actually sent down) and it happened last season where we had a good run near the end and then lose last/draw game - it wasn't a freak last season as it has happened for the last 4 or 5 seasons - majority of the year complete mediocre and very very poor - then a good run of 7-10 games and still nothing (or as I say on one occasion we got relegated) - how can that be Freedman's fault when it actually happened under Coyle as well, with the majority of same players???

you see the reasons
Megson, Coyle and dougie all the same and you want to keep the later

Set the straws on fire you may see the light

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote: Bollocks a new manager wouldn't make a difference, these players are under performing because of Freedman not because they're poor players.

I'm sorry, but you can't see that these are poor players you are more deluded than I first thought.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Come on you whites! I never want us to lose a game, regardless of who is our manager. I think the best solution would be to beat Millwall comprehensively and then sack Dougie.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Gartside sacked Freedman he'd go up in my estimations by 1%, so he'd only be a 98% twat.

But he obviously doesn't care about being a twat, so i'll just continue to watch us rot into the ground.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

History will look back on this period, and I'm sure it will show the main reason for the faults as a poor and inept chairman. Rather than picking a good manager, (BSA), he continued to invest in unproven or poor managers. It will show that whatever criteria he was using, they were wrong, but his own stupidity and arrogance wouldn't allow him to take advice, or correct, his errors.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum