Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

4 4 2 against blackburn?

+12
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
Numpty 28723
JAH
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
cairocuz
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

314 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Mon Feb 24 2014, 23:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Yeah, him.

Just getting a vague sense of his presence.......
The OP is legit.

I know what you mean though! Very Happy

324 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 00:00

Are you sure you're not a Mod....?

334 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 00:54

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The plot thickens.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

344 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 00:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Mo? I may be sounding daft but is that the guy who thought there was sound on chatbox?

354 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 01:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Mo? I may be sounding daft but is that the guy who thought there was sound on chatbox?
That's the bloke LPP!

I think he got that fed up with having no sound he hasn't been back since! Very Happy

364 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 01:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Are you sure you're not a Mod....?
I'm just the agent for the BEN with all these articles, well I feel like it sometimes! Very Happy

374 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 01:03

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Did anyone notice that we didn't actually play a 442 formation in the traditional sense of the word?

We played a fluid formation which alternated every minute or so depending on where exactly the ball was and who had it.

It certainly wasn't just a case of "lets pick 442 and we will win". Dougie actually showed a lot of tactical merit in how well the players were drilled and how they carried out his plan, as a team.

I accept that Dougies master plan was losing us points and he has made some mistakes but i have always noted how well rehearsed the players have been and how they all understand the plan and try to go with it - even if sadly its not worked out so far.

We are definitely shaping up to be a much better unit in the long run than i have seen us in many years.

384 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 01:16

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:Did anyone notice that we didn't actually play a 442 formation in the traditional sense of the word?

We played a fluid formation which alternated every minute or so depending on where exactly the ball was and who had it.

It certainly wasn't just a case of "lets pick 442 and we will win". Dougie actually showed a lot of tactical merit in how well the players were drilled and how they carried out his plan, as a team.

I accept that Dougies master plan was losing us points and he has made some mistakes but i have always noted how well rehearsed the players have been and how they all understand the plan and try to go with it - even if sadly its not worked out so far.

We are definitely shaping up to be a much better unit in the long run than i have seen us in many years.
I'm not so sure of that biggie. Three of our best players on Saturday aren't even ours. Juke Mason and Danns will all be gone come the summer and what does he do then? Like last season when we had a good run on the back of loan players performing very well, it's a nice little morale raiser in its way but his clear failure to get the best out of our lads in the long term makes me worry a lot. 

I don't mean to sound too negative but if Dougie can't motivate players week in week out (and it seems clear he can't) then we have to get rid and bring in someone who can. We don't have the resources to buy stars even at this level and unless we have the right man at the helm what few resources might be available after the bigger wages fall off the books will be squandered. Loan signings are useful on occasion but for Dougie it seems they are his only real "plan".

394 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 01:41

Bolton Nuts

Admin

You could argue then that Pratley, mears, sordell, eagles, lee, kavies, cravies, ngog, and others have all not been performing to the standard required, even bogdan and knight at times.

If mcnoughton, feeney, Dawson, medo, beckford, mason, juke, danns, spearing have been our better players - and have all come in on loans (mostly) then maybe it just shows that the players who were here when he came in were not of the right calibre.

404 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 09:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Did anyone notice that we didn't actually play a 442 formation in the traditional sense of the word?

In the sense that two players didn't stand next to each other up front all the time that's true, but there's flexibility in any system and technically it was 442 or 424 seeing as there were 2 holding mids to compensate for the lack of width.

Rovers will be a different proposition than Watford as they are making a charge for the playoffs and the way they set up they could murder our unprotected FBs.

It would be really sweet to beat them and the Lord knows we need the points, but it's going to be very difficult indeed. 

That said, we're a team in transition and all we have to do is survive the season so beating Rovers isn't essential. Would be nice though.

414 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 12:01

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Doogie has not played the same team twice yet this season.  It wouldn't surprize me for him to drop both strikers and play Zat at center forward amd Mark Davis at left back... Shocked 

Blackburn are a better team than Watford.....we shall see.

424 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 12:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Doogie has not played the same team twice yet this season.  It wouldn't surprize me for him to drop both strikers and play Zat at center forward amd Mark Davis at left back... Shocked 

Not sure they're a better team player for player, but they've got a sniff of the playoffs for the first time this season plus it's a derby so I suspect they'll be up for it more than Watford were.

434 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 13:59

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote:Doogie has not played the same team twice yet this season.  It wouldn't surprize me for him to drop both strikers and play Zat at center forward amd Mark Davis at left back... Shocked 

Not sure they're a better team player for player, but they've got a sniff of the playoffs for the first time this season plus it's a derby so I suspect they'll be up for it more than Watford were.
I have to be honest and say I'm really looking forward to this game. I think if DF goes with the eleven we had on the field after Pratley went off and we play the way we did against Watford this could be the game of the season. Blackburn are hunting points just as much as we are albeit for different reasons so hopefully we'll see a good old fashioned blood and thunder derby with lots of attacking football. Personally I fancy us to win if DF goes with Mavies and Danns in the middle and keeps both Juke and Mason up front.  Smile

444 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 22:06

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

we owe jokeburn one so 3 points to the wanderers

454 4 2 against blackburn? - Page 3 Empty Re: 4 4 2 against blackburn? Tue Feb 25 2014, 22:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

cairocuz wrote:we owe jokeburn one so 3 points to the wanderers
I hope your right! Can't be doing with them doing the double over us or I'm going to have to torch the place!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum