Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers: Cian Bolger's Southend United loan ends

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Injured defender Cian Bolger has returned to Bolton after only three days on loan at Southend United.

Bolger, 21, joined the Shrimpers on Friday evening but came off 80 minutes into his debut against York on Saturday with damaged ankle ligaments.

Burnley defender Luke O'Neill suffered similar bad luck last month, playing 44 minutes for Southend before returning to Turf Moor with a thigh injury.

Shrimpers boss Phil Brown told BBC Essex he may look for a new signing.

"We're struggling with that centre-back pairing again," he said.

"I've been on to the chairman and the chief executive and maybe we'll get another one in. But I think the answer lies in that building (the training room)."

On top of O'Neill and Bolger's injuries, play-off-chasing Southend are without long-term absentee Julian Bennett, while fellow centre-half Luke Prosser continues to suffer from an ongoing calf problem.

"Cian's put his body through the mangler and it's come out the other end not in too clever a condition," added Brown.

"The same happened with Luke O'Neill 40 minutes into his loan spell and he finds himself crocked and out for 10 or 12 weeks.

"We'd like to thank Bolton and Cian for his efforts and wish him a speedy recovery."

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not another one crocked FFS!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Not another one crocked FFS!
I can't help wondering if Megson hired a voodoo witch doctor somewhere. Ever since he was potted our players have gone down so often and so fast it's dizzying.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum