Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers keeper Adam Bogdan savours a rare clean sheet

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Bogdan says it is important Wanderers do not get too carried away after ending a nine-match winless streak in the Championship with a 2-0 home victory over Watford.

Following their first win of the year, the Whites were straight back to business at their Euxton training yesterday.

And Dougie Freedman’s side will be hoping to build on breaking their duck for 2014 with an immediate repeat at home to Blackburn Rovers in Saturday’s big derby clash.

That is the plan for Hungarian Bogdan – whose country were paired with Northern Ireland, Greece, Romania, Finland and the Faroe Islands in Sunday’s Euro 16 qualifying draw.

The 26-year-old keeper hopes they can profit from the confidence of a win and a clean sheet, but he accepts they will have to put in the same level of performance to ensure Saturday’s win is to be the beginning of a more positive run of results.

“It’s a great step towards starting to climb up the table,” said Bogdan.

“It is hard to say if it will kick start the season and I guess we will see against Blackburn.

“I think it’s a good game to have and hopefully we can perform the same way and get another win.

“Of course, we need to concentrate on the next game but also not get carried away.

“We have to take the positives and there were plenty.

“It will be a big boost to confidence.

“In the last couple of weeks we have played well but not got the result. I really believe we have performed well but at key points in games couldn’t put the ball into the net or we have conceded.

“At Millwall, we missed a penalty and couldn’t get a second goal to put the game to bed.

“It proved to be a turning point.

“On Saturday, we managed to score a second goal and could have scored more.

“But we managed to shut things down at the back so it is a relief for the defenders.”

Focus may have switched quickly to Saturday’s derby but Bogdan allowed himself a chance to savour a rare victory this season and a clean sheet as well on Saturday.

It was the Hungarian international first shutout on home turf in almost 11 months, since a 2-0 win against Wolves last April, though he has missed a huge chunk of this campaign with a knee injury.

Of the six clean sheets this season, Bogdan has minded the net in two of those games, the other being the goalless draw at Blackpool.

It was also just the second time he has tasted league victory in Whites colours this campaign – the other occasion being the first Championship triumph at Birmingham in early October.

He contributed on Saturday with a fine point-blank save to deny Watford’s Troy Deeney what looked like a certain opener less than 15 minutes in.

Naturally, it was a feeling he enjoyed and wants more of in the final two months of the campaign as he looks to better the six clean sheets he registered in league and cup last season.

Bogdan added: “We started really well and should have been up.

“We continued to play well, but, of course, while it is still 0-0 it is important to make a save and not go behind.

“I am pleased to be back and also pleased to have finally won a game and have a clean sheet.

“I am just trying to play my part in the team effort.

“People keep banging on about clean sheets and that’s what we all want to do as a team all the time, but it is not always as easy as people might think.

“It’s about winning games whether it’s 2-1 or 3-2, but obviously a clean sheet is a big bonus.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He will take the positives.

Is this the only line the BWFC players and management know?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think he's entitled to feel a bit up after Saturday Natasha, he didn't have a lot to do but he did it well and made at least one very good save which could have cost us the game had he not got it. You know how fast the players heads drop when we concede. I completely agree there hasn't been anything to BE positive about prior to Saturday for far too long and a lot of what came out of the 'Bok sounded deluded but just this once I think Adam is entitled to be a bit pleased both with the win and his performance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum