Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

International Wanderers round-up

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1International Wanderers round-up Empty International Wanderers round-up Thu Mar 06 2014, 12:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All three of Wanderers’ international players represented their nation throughout the course of Wednesday’s international fiixtures.

Chung-Yong Lee and Korea’s preparations for this summer’s upcoming FIFA World Cup continued with an impressive 2-0 victory over Greece in Piraeus.

Lee played the full 90 minutes and was booked for dissent late on in the second half.

Elsewhere, Adam Bogdan also played the full 90 minutes for Hungary, who were defeated on their own patch by Finland.

The visitors triumphed 2-1 thanks to a late penalty, with Bogdan also booked.

Finally, there was a fourth senior international cap for Yannick Bastos. He appeared as a second half substitute for Luxembourg in their 0-0 home draw against Cape Verde.

All three of the players will now report back to Bolton ahead of the weekend’s fixture against Leeds United.

Source

2International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Thu Mar 06 2014, 12:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Excellent result for Luxembourg against the mighty Cape Verde.

3International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Thu Mar 06 2014, 13:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

does anyone really think a Luxembourg substitute is going to make it at Bolton?

4International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Thu Mar 06 2014, 14:58

Norpig wrote:does anyone really think a Luxembourg substitute is going to make it at Bolton?

Ye let's write him off without seeing him play, just like you did with Juke.

5International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Thu Mar 06 2014, 16:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Norpig wrote:does anyone really think a Luxembourg substitute is going to make it at Bolton?

Very Happy

6International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Thu Mar 06 2014, 17:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bastos is in the development squad so it's clearly way too early to say he will or won't make it for Bolton. 

I seem to remember a few people moaning that some bloke from Greece was never going to cut it in our shirt but he turned out all right. Stelios, the man whose surname was so long it wouldn't fit on a shirt (unless it was WWE wrestler The Big Show's). Laughing 

Still remember Jonathan Pierce trying to say it on MOTD. 

"Giankopoloss, Giankewpoloose, Gian- stelios feeds it to the wing." Laughing

7International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Fri Mar 07 2014, 08:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

true i did grumble about Juke but he has proved me wrong i have no problem admitting that.

But as for Bastos, he's played semi-professional in Luxembourg, its a massive step up even to the development squad, i hope he does come through but can't see4 it happening.

8International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Fri Mar 07 2014, 11:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

So you're saying Juke is a great player after a handful of games?

It works both ways.

9International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Fri Mar 07 2014, 14:02

Not what I saying at all, although I do think he's a better option than Craig Davies. I just would have thought that given how many times bolton fans have been proved wrong about players - Danns, Feeney, McNaughton, SKD and more, we may have learnt not to judge a player before they've seen him play.

Look at Holden for example, I bet there were a few questioning why we'd signed a Sunderland reject who was playing for an average MLS side. He went on to become our best player. Give players a fair chance before they're written off.

10International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Fri Mar 07 2014, 14:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Look at Holden for example, I bet there were a few questioning why we'd signed a Sunderland reject who was playing for an average MLS side. He went on to become our best player. Give players a fair chance before they're written off.

For ever player that was deemed "shite" but turned out to be ok, there are a 100 deemed "shite" who were absolute shite.

Especially in recent years.

11International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Fri Mar 07 2014, 14:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

So you're saying Juke is a great player after a handful of games?

It works both ways.
We'll see how he works out over the course of the rest of the season, but personally I like his style and effort and he's shown he's not entirely devoid of skill. So far so good though.

12International Wanderers round-up Empty Re: International Wanderers round-up Fri Mar 07 2014, 15:29

The majority of the players Dougies signed have been good, and proved a lot of fans wrong. I expect more of the same.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum