Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies

+11
Keegan
gloswhite
wanderlust
jayjay23
Dunkels King
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Kevin Davies Empty Kevin Davies Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'll spend the next seven days praying the impact he made today and on Tuesday night hasn't earned him a start against Fulham.

It's starting to remind me too much of the games leading up to Wigan at home in February.

Coyle - just resist!

2Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He did have a big impact, and actually so did Eagles they both played very well in limited minutes.

And when they both came on i was thoroughly pissed off... shows what i know.

he will resist IMO.

3Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

doffcocker wrote:I'll spend the next seven days praying the impact he made today and on Tuesday night hasn't earned him a start against Fulham.

It's starting to remind me too much of the games leading up to Wigan at home in February.

Coyle - just resist!

Amen.

4Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin Davies must start against Fulham. Not because he's great or because two goals in two games is his greatest achievement in football, but because the alternatives are worse.

Face it, Ngog is the second worst player ever to pull on the white shirt after Mark Davies. He won't score again this season. He can't even put away the simple chances, nevermind anything slightly difficult.

5Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol yeah mark davies and Ngog are worse than Blessing Kaku, Mario Jardel and Mikel Alonso.

Act is tiresome.

6Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:lol yeah mark davies and Ngog are worse than Blessing Kaku, Mario Jardel and Mikel Alonso.

Act is tiresome.

You don't have to take everything so literally HN, it's just my way of stressing how poor they are.

I get annoyed because I actually agree with you somewhat about Mark Davies having talent, but for some reason we hardly ever see it. Frustrating. As for Ngog, that £4m could have been spent on a decent defender or midfielder.

7Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Mar 31 2012, 21:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies used his cunning and guile to get us a sneaky penalty. SuperKev is far better coming on as a sub. He's a better impact player than a ninety minute slogger. Ngog hasn't scored many goals but he works hard and I think it's only a matter of time before he gets among the goals.

8Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Mar 31 2012, 21:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:lol yeah mark davies and Ngog are worse than Blessing Kaku, Mario Jardel and Mikel Alonso.

Act is tiresome.

You don't have to take everything so literally HN, it's just my way of stressing how poor they are.

I get annoyed because I actually agree with you somewhat about Mark Davies having talent, but for some reason we hardly ever see it. Frustrating. As for Ngog, that £4m could have been spent on a decent defender or midfielder.

but it's nonsense, taken literally or any other way.

They're both good players, Ngog works his nuts off with absolutely NO service or any true quarterback style midfielder (a la Campo)

every ball to him is too his head, which is definitely not his natural game.

9Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Mar 31 2012, 21:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I thought Ngog won a fair few balls today but sadly Klasnic was nowhere near him when it mattered.

As much I have stook up for Klasnic and slated Davies this season, Klasnic was fucking hopeless but Davies was immense when he came on and had an instant impact.

I still think we are missing a trick by not playing Sordell with Ngog, with Ngogs wortkrate and Sordells pace I think they could work very well together.

10Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Mar 31 2012, 23:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Kevin Davies must start against Fulham. Not because he's great or because two goals in two games is his greatest achievement in football, but because the alternatives are worse.

Face it, Ngog is the second worst player ever to pull on the white shirt after Mark Davies. He won't score again this season. He can't even put away the simple chances, nevermind anything slightly difficult.

I love you as a WUM but this post comes dangerously close to your troll alter ego Bolton Hater.

11Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 06:04

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Let's not lose sight of the fact that Kevin Davies and Eagles had an impact against Wolves who are bottom of the league. I doubt they would have the same impact against any other team !

12Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 09:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
I love you as a WUM but this post comes dangerously close to your troll alter ego Bolton Hater.

Er, I don't even know what that means. Are you suggesting I am Bolton Hater? You sound like Hipster. I'm sure the mods will confirm I only have one username.

As for Kevin Davies, how is it being a WUM to suggest the player that came on as sub and changed the game gets a starting place next week? You have some strange ideas, are you seeking help?

13Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 10:03

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

As for Kevin Davies, how is it being a WUM to suggest the player that came on as sub and changed the game gets a starting place next week? You have some strange ideas, are you seeking help?

The last time he started was against Wigan which you quite correctly described as one of the worst games ever with "11 spineless fannys putting in minimum effort". He has had a generally poor season. Why are you so confident that things would be different next week?

You have already admitted that you don't believe Mavies and Ngog are the two worst players to ever play for us. What's the difference between exaggeration and wind up?

14Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 13:17

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

doffcocker wrote:I'll spend the next seven days praying the impact he made today and on Tuesday night hasn't earned him a start against Fulham.

Coyle - just resist!

Also Amen.

It is working out as an impact sub when the opposition are feeling tired or their heads are down. To think it will translate to a successful 90 mins is silly.

15Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 13:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
The last time he started was against Wigan which you quite correctly described as one of the worst games ever with "11 spineless fannys putting in minimum effort". He has had a generally poor season. Why are you so confident that things would be different next week?

You have already admitted that you don't believe Mavies and Ngog are the two worst players to ever play for us. What's the difference between exaggeration and wind up?

Kevin Davies has scored two goals in two games. Ngog has scored two goals in about 6 months. To stay up we will need to score. Ngog is absolute bobbins and should be dropped. From the top level of a multi-storey car park.

I'm not saying Kevin Davies is brilliant, but you have to pick the players in form. If not Davies then give the £3m benchwarmer Sordell a chance. We will get relegated if Coyle keeps backing Ngog.

16Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've won our last 3 games scoring 7 goals in the process.

I wouldn't exactly say we were struggling to score.

17Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For every argument there is a counter argument. Natasha v Hipster. The Ying v Yang of the football forum.

18Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We've won our last 3 games scoring 7 goals in the process.

I wouldn't exactly say we were struggling to score.

We could have scored 10 without Ngog. You should always be looking to improve your team, even if you are winning.

19Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol just face it nat, you're just looking for something to moan about.

if we win 3-0 you want it to be 4-0.

I agree about improving the team but in a relegation scrap with limited games, chopping and changing a winning team is just silly IMO.

and guess what if he did change the team and we lost, you'd be the first on here whining that he did.

20Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:lol just face it nat, you're just looking for something to moan about.

if we win 3-0 you want it to be 4-0.

I agree about improving the team but in a relegation scrap with limited games, chopping and changing a winning team is just silly IMO.

and guess what if he did change the team and we lost, you'd be the first on here whining that he did.

We have won the games despite Ngog, not because of him. We paid £4m for this mug to hit the bar when it was easier to score. I'm all for giving players a chance, but I bet Sordell would have 8 goals if he'd been given the game time that Ngog has.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum