Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Danns is fucking ace....

+6
CAMPO
wanderlust
White84
observer
doffcocker
Bolton Nuts
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Danns is fucking ace.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Tue 18 Mar - 12:28

It was in reply to Nats post mate, i missed yours to be honest.

32Danns is fucking ace.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Tue 18 Mar - 12:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Permanent or loan is completely irrelevant in this case, the judgement is on how he spots players. It's not his fault his hands are tied financially.

Good signings -

Medo
Beckford
Moritz
Danns
Dawson
Mason
Juke
Feeney
McNaughton

The likes of Hall, Wilkinson and White appear to be among our best youth players, can't really judge them until they play first team but so far so good.
Which is exactly why I mentioned that fact in my post 1874, as such I believe it is extremely relevant because it's the way things will most likely be for some considerable time. Your list isn't one I'd argue too much with other than perhaps Mason who was poor first time around and Medo who has been a bit inconsistent (nothing to do with the error gainst Brighton, I don't actually blame him for that, he was unlucky) but that may be down to him not playing in a settled system that suits his strengths. 

I come back to my last post, Dougie can spot a decent player although I don't think he's any kind of genius that way. Sadly he simply seems unable to use the talent he has. Danns off for Trotter was for me just the latest example of that fact. For that reason he needs to go in the summer if not before in my opinion.
No mention of Tierney there but I guess he didn't feature long enough to be memorable. I only saw him at the Burnley (away) match at the beginning of the season and he looked OK. I'll be glad when he's back  though as Ream is wasted at LB and I'd prefer him to Spearing in midfield unless Jay finds his radar.

33Danns is fucking ace.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Tue 18 Mar - 14:20

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I saw him a few times and he looked alright, comfortable with the ball and solid in a tackle and positional sense. Personally I prefer Baptiste at LB to Ream who I think is a good CB partner for either Wheater or Knight. 

Right now I'd say my first choice for CB's would be Wheater and Knight together but in the long term I'd like to see Baptiste and Ream there with a real Left Back like Tierney.

34Danns is fucking ace.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Danns is fucking ace.... Tue 18 Mar - 17:41

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did watch Tierney a few times at Norwich and he ain't the quickest, but he had decent positional sense and is pretty reliable. Solid if unspectacular signing from Dougie I thought. Shame for both he got injured so quickly or we wouldn't have had to endure all that palaver in the transfer window.
I thought Medo was a brilliant signing though. Where TF did he come from? Cheap too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum