Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Southampton starlet Andy Robinson on Bolton Wanderers radar

+3
Soul Kitchen
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Former Southampton youth team skipper Andy Robinson has emerged as a surprise target for Wanderers.

Dougie Freedman is considering offering a deal to the 21-year-old central midfielder, who is on the verge of leaving St Mary’s.

The youngster – whose full name is Andreas Sonny Robinson – made his only senior appearance for the Saints as a substitute in a 2-0 League Cup third round win over Sheffield Wednesday in September 2012.

But he has featured regularly for the club’s development squad and made an appearance for the Whites in their penalty shootout victory over Manchester United on Monday night in the Manchester Senior Cup.

It is understood Robinson has been told he will not get another contract in the Premier League, and Wanderers are now checking to see what compensation, if any, would be due to the club.

But the combative midfielder has impressed enough for Freedman to investigate his situation and attempt to bring him to the North West, where he could step into the hole vacated by Josh Vela, who looks likely to leave for Notts County in a month-long loan before the end of this week.

Bournemouth-born Robinson is a graduate of the celebrated Saints academy ranks that produced the likes of Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Adam Lallana, Luke Shaw and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

He has been with the South Coast club since the age of eight and has made five starts for the Under-21s this season, scoring once.

Freedman has added several youngsters to the development squad and under-18s ranks since last summer and has also run the rule over a number of trialists by way of work experience loans. One such experiment was Spurs midfielder Laste Dombaxe, who played a single game for the development squad before returning to White Hart Lane in January.

Another was Romanian defender Stefan Popescu, who it is understood has also left the club.

Robinson is seen as a potential permanent signing, however, although his current deal with the Whites is being termed “a trial” by both clubs at present.

Source

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

First of all I thought 'why'?

Then i realized...

THIS is the only reason we are looking at him...

"and Wanderers are now checking to see what compensation, if any, would be due to the club."

:facepalm: 

So essentially, we are hoping we don't have to pay a penny for him, If we do, we move on because we will not get held to ransom.

Nice to see we still aspire to be something.

You're so narrow minded when it comes to signings it's a joke Rebel. Your main criteria seems to be if there's a fee involved so you can work out how much to moan.

He played in the u21 game against United and I thought he looked pretty good. Definitely more of a physical presence than Vela with some good technique.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He might be narrow minded but he's hit the nail on the head with his comment re. compensation.

So you agree with Rebel and the ONLY reason we'd sign him is if there's no compensation involved?

We can't afford to pay much for players at the moment, a situation that forces us to be tight with our money. That doesn't mean that players we sign are automatically shit.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

21 years old and he's only made 5 appearances for Southampton under 21s?

He's too lightweight, shit, and a ponce. It's obvious.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:So you agree with Rebel and the ONLY reason we'd sign him is if there's no compensation involved?

We can't afford to pay much for players at the moment, a situation that forces us to be tight with our money. That doesn't mean that players we sign are automatically shit.
Presume this harks back to the fee for the Danish lad and the disgust shown when we apparently couldn't afford £300k compen.
1) If we couldn't afford it, it's not Dougie's fault - it's the reality of our situation and underlines what a nigh impossible task the manager is up against
2) There may well have been other factors that we have not been made aware of e.g. he was shite or crocked.

However the way it's presented you'd think that it was Dougie being tight with his own money as opposed to a manager trying to get the best players that we can afford for now and for the future.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote: That doesn't mean that players we sign are automatically shit.

It does if Freedman is involved.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:You're so narrow minded when it comes to signings it's a joke Rebel. Your main criteria seems to be if there's a fee involved so you can work out how much to moan.

Not exactly.

I try to work out if any money (even megre amounts) need to change hands, if it does, then I can rule out that particular signing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So basically what you and Natasha are saying is that Dougie need to get his finger out and sign good players free of charge?
Or spend money we haven't got on good players?

You don't seem to trust him to get rid of the high earners to free up wages and Nat doesn't think he'll be able to find decent players when he has the money for the wages.

We're fucked then, Might as well give up now.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We are fucked - its not DF fault no money is available.

However, even if we get rid of the high earners, DF wont see a fucking penny of it.

how much of Ngogs 60k a week savings have we used?

I'm glad you finally see the reality of the situation - we're fucked.

You won't see all of the money we cut being reinvested as that's not the point, we need to balance the books to meet FFP. Expect to see half of N'gogs 30k a week re-invested maybe.

(Not sure where you got 60k a week from i seriously doubt that's right.)

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:I'm glad you finally see the reality of the situation - we're fucked.

You won't see all of the money we cut being reinvested as that's not the point, we need to balance the books to meet FFP. Expect to see half of N'gogs 30k a week re-invested maybe.

(Not sure where you got 60k a week from i seriously doubt that's right.)

I know a girl who works for BWFC on accts and payroll - a spreadsheet found its way to me a while ago...

Ngog was on not shy of 60k a week.

Eagles, lee, medo and Davies are the clubs current highest earners. they are on wages that would make some premiership players think  ::wtf:: 

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I know a girl who works for BWFC on accts and payroll - a spreadsheet found its way to me a while ago...

That is just a downright lie. Unless you can produce a copy of said spreadsheet I suggest you edit your post - the site could get sued.

I just can't see that being the case though, that would mean we gave him a massive pay rise from his time at Liverpool because they wouldn't give even half that to a youth player they picked up from PSG.

Think you're right about Eagles, Lee, Medo and Davies being our top earners now though.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:So you agree with Rebel and the ONLY reason we'd sign him is if there's no compensation involved?

What I don't agree with is you passing comment that he's narrow minded whilst using illegal substances to modify your mind!Very Happy 
The fact that he'll be taken on the cheap will matter not whether he's shit or otherwise.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

CYL fuk him off ASAP,Eagles contract up soon,Mavies was on £25-000 a week but has since signed a new contract till 2017 .Need to keep Mavies.Could cope without Medo.But for the most the loans Danns,Juke,Mason in a 4-4-2 have been ok but then Trotter poor mans Fellaini at Man U.At least we didn't pay £27 million for Trotter £ 27 would be too much for that stump.

Soul Kitchen wrote:

What I don't agree with is you passing comment that he's narrow minded whilst using illegal substances to modify your mind!Very Happy 
The fact that he'll be taken on the cheap will matter not whether he's shit or otherwise.

Judging by that comment you don't know what narrow minded means.

Don't know how you can negate the point about if he's good or not, that's the only thing that matters.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nailing jelly to a wall always springs readily to mind with you, not worth the effort!!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

That is just a downright lie. Unless you can produce a copy of said spreadsheet I suggest you edit your post - the site could get sued.

No, really. its all 100% true. I dont bullshit around forums like you.

Im also not going to get anybody in trouble, if I posted it, it would be shared all over the web, my mate could lose her job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum