Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers working on deal for Saints starlet Andy Robinson

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers will continue negotiations with Southampton starlet Andy Robinson with a view to bringing him to the Reebok in a permanent transfer.

Dougie Freedman has confirmed his interest in the 21-year-old, who is seen as a back-up option to ball winners Medo Kamara and Jay Spearing.

Robinson has been told he will not get another contract this summer at St Mary’s and the Scot has stolen ahead of a number of other interested parties to bring him to Bolton for a trial period, which included a game against Manchester United’s Reserves on Monday night.

Now, Freedman wants to try to extend that deal for another couple of weeks with a view to bringing him into the first-team squad in the summer.

“We’ve looked at him for a week and I think he did okay,” he said. “We’re looking to talk to the kid over the course of the weekend to see if we can extend that trial period, take him on loan, or other options.

“He’s a good young player and he’s been brought up in a fantastic system.

“He’s a great talent and I’ve known about him for a long time because I’ve watched him playing in the Southampton reserves. I know all about him. I think we’re a little bit short in that area, with Medo Kamara and Jay Spearing, that kind of midfielder.

“I know we’ve got players like Mark Davies, Neil Danns or Liam Trotter who can do it but he’s a different type.

“I just think with the way Southampton are going as a team, and as a squad, it might be something we can do.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum