Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is our best player at Bolton?

+6
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
Tigermin
scottjames30
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 21:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So who's the player that if we sell we'd get the most money for?

and how much could we get, listen if we can sell Ngog then any deal can be done.

I'd go £3 Million CYL. £4 Million Mavies. therefore Mavies being our most blessed player, that doesn't do much,' for the team' would you cash in, or do you have another view?

What other assets would you cash in on?

2Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 21:19

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Pratley is priceless !!!!!!!!!!  cheers

3Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 21:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies might sniff 5 million w/ add ons.

4Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 21:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would have thought price wise it could be CYL.

Weren't Stoke sniffing around at the £6Million mark?

5Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 22:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sniffing was my term.

6Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 22:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:sniffing was my term.

Sniffing, like a dog does?

7Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 22:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah, It's caught on already as you can see.

8Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 22:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Yeah, It's caught on already as you can see.

Someone must of been sniffing when they bought Ngog.

9Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 22:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Id sell Holden, i'd try to get £500.000, Swansea might buy him.

10Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 22:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He might sniff that value if he has a full recovery.

11Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 22:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He could sniff, that he could. but who would sniff out the sniffer?

12Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Sun Mar 23 2014, 22:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:He could sniff, that he could. but who would sniff out the sniffer?
Scott, have you been sniffing something? Very Happy

13Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Mon Mar 24 2014, 00:13

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't think any of our players are worth a million.

Maybe on his day Mavies is probably our best player.

14Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Mon Mar 24 2014, 07:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chung Lee isn't worth £1m these days. Amazing that people think he's worth more.

15Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Mon Mar 24 2014, 08:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies is our best player I would say.

16Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Mon Mar 24 2014, 09:06

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Il ge honest, Baptiste has impressed me this season.

Not because he's a particularly 'great' player - hes not, I just think he has passion and a lot of fight that is lacking in our squad at the min.

At times he looks like the only player who wants the ball and tries to do something with it. He's not lazy.

17Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Mon Mar 24 2014, 09:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big difference between best player and the player we'd get most for if we cashed in. 
We don't really need Mavies, Lee or Moritz basically because although they can theoretically create something out of nothing, most of the time they don't. Worse still they usually end up turning over possession which puts the whole team on the back foot. I'd be happy to cash them in and replace them with hard working team players who will battle for the cause and maybe have a bit less flair but will win and keep the ball - I think those are the ideal characteristics in the Championship which is why teams like Yeovil take points of us. We can't afford "luxury" players either financially or performance wise.

18Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Mon Mar 24 2014, 11:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
We don't really need Mavies, Lee or Moritz basically because although they can theoretically create something out of nothing, most of the time they don't. Worse still they usually end up turning over possession which puts the whole team on the back foot. I'd be happy to cash them in and replace them with hard working team players who will battle for the cause and maybe have a bit less flair but will win and keep the ball - I think those are the ideal characteristics in the Championship which is why teams like Yeovil take points of us. We can't afford "luxury" players either financially or performance wise.

We can afford luxury players that can do it every couple of games, not luxury players like Mavies that do it once every ten games. I don't actually think we'd get much for Mark Davies, people generally scout before they buy (Swansea the exception) and unless they happen to turn up once every 10 games they're going to see a player who is, for the most part, totally anonymous.

19Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Mon Mar 24 2014, 11:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lee would be our most valuable.  To us he has dropped significantly but to the outside world he is probably worth somat.  Mears and probably Holden I would cut.....the rest stay on reduced wages of course.  Even Zat has some fire in his belly which you can't say for some of the rest.

20Who is our best player at Bolton? Empty Re: Who is our best player at Bolton? Mon Mar 24 2014, 11:21

I disagree and think Mavies actually uses the ball quite well when he has options and willing runners, if you watch he rarely gives away possession when others make themselves available. His problem is consistently getting into games, which in part is a problem with the tactics as he'll struggle when we play direct. I'd keep him and Mortiz anyway, purely because we need some players who can carry the ball for us I don't see Spearing, Medo or even Danns being as capable as them in this regard.

We could probably get £2-£3million for Mavies, basically because he's English but like most of our squad his values halved this season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum