Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Don't People Get Angry Anymore?

+5
doffcocker
bwfc71
Quent
Banks of the Croal
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Why Don't People Get Angry Anymore? Empty Why Don't People Get Angry Anymore? Sun Apr 08 2012, 21:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have Bolton fans resigned themselves to being shite? Are we so sure we're going down that we can't even be bothered to get angry about shambolic performances anymore? Does football mean less than it used to?

Be honest, do you really care? Has your phone or ipad become more important than Bolton Wanderers?

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I care about the way things are going, a win can make my weekend, but a loss, i seem to handle them better nowadays, maybe it's a age thing with me.

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Football isn't as important as it used to be, not to me anyway. There was a time when I would have begged, borrowed or stolen the money to make sure I was there on matchday. Now I can take it or leave it.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What is the point in getting angry? It raises your own blood pressure, its not healthy but above all nothing will change teh fact over whatever makes you angry. In todays world the views and comments of the everyday person is void, unless you have money and people in the right places.

bwfc71 wrote:In todays world the views and comments of the everyday person is void, unless you have money and people in the right places.

What the fuck does that mean you dickhead? You mean if I win the lottery my opinion on Steve Kean will mean more?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I get very angry over football and I don't understand why.

There's never been a set of Bolton players I've more wanted to bury at the bottom of the ocean than the present ones, and I've found myself becoming forever more antisocial towards them each match.

I probably hate Eagles the most.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:In todays world the views and comments of the everyday person is void, unless you have money and people in the right places.

What the fuck does that mean you dickhead? You mean if I win the lottery my opinion on Steve Kean will mean more?

Just get back to impregnating your mother and sister and the family dog! As a Blackburn fan - your views means jack shit whether you have money or not, as you are all freaks!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

When I first became a season ticket holder and we lost, which was often as it was the season under Lee/Megson, I used to get fucking livid when we lost and was known to break a few things on the way home from games.

At the back end of Megsons era I stopped really caring about bwfc altogether and resigned myself to defeat.

Then OC came along and when he first took over, mainly his first full season I had my enthusiasm back for bwfc but i am slowly getting back to how I felt under Megson, actually it'e different kind of angry but still get pissed off all the same.

Sadly it's become a state where I know even if we turn up in games anymore I still expect us to lose under coyle because the players we have just are not good enough to compete with the likes of Fulham and Norwich, which considering how long we have spent in this league is pathetic.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

What makes you think people don't get angry any more, Natasha? There were lots of boos at both half and full time yesterday. Lots of people left early, I wager a fair few were angry. I was on my own at the back of the West Stand yesterday, everyone else on my row and on the row behind and in front of me had left.

There are also a number of angry sounding comments on the match thread after a defeat - 'this player is shit', 'Coyle is fucking useless', that kind of thing.

I get angry too. The worst days are ones like Swansea away this season, I was out of the house for 17 hours, spent well over £100, and saw the team totally capitulate. A lot of people, possibly including yourself, assume that people who don't rant about the manager and the players aren't as pissed off as those that do, but it's not the case.

I just recognise that we live in an age where lay people think they know better than experienced experts, in reality nobody on any of the football forums knows even 10% of what Owen Coyle - or any Wanderers manager - does about football or 10% of what goes on behind the scen, es at the football club. So when I read comments along the lines of 'Coyle is too fucking clueless to play 3-5-2' or 'Coyle is too fucking clueless to pick Sordell', the posters may in fact be right that Coyle should play 3-5-2 or pick Sordell, but the point is, he's not not doing these things because he doesn't have a clue what he is doing and these posts are simply borne out of anger rather than a deep understanding of football. All IMO. No flames please.

10Why Don't People Get Angry Anymore? Empty Re: Why Don't People Get Angry Anymore? Mon Apr 09 2012, 08:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
I just recognise that we live in an age where lay people think they know better than experienced experts, in reality nobody on any of the football forums knows even 10% of what Owen Coyle - or any Wanderers manager - does about football .

What a load of rubbish. So someone who is a football manager knows 90% more about football than everyone else?

Granted some managers know what they are doing, but the vast majority are picked simply because they have an association with the club, or they did ok in their previous job. How many managers in the top two divisions have never been sacked - very few.

Clubs are scared of chossing managers with no experience - they'd rather choose a manager with experience of failure than one with no experience at all.

11Why Don't People Get Angry Anymore? Empty Re: Why Don't People Get Angry Anymore? Mon Apr 09 2012, 08:49

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:Have Bolton fans resigned themselves to being shite? Are we so sure we're going down that we can't even be bothered to get angry about shambolic performances anymore? Does football mean less than it used to?

Be honest, do you really care? Has your phone or ipad become more important than Bolton Wanderers?

No, I get just as pissed off and it spoils my weekend just as much as it used to

I wish it didn't, but it does

12Why Don't People Get Angry Anymore? Empty Re: Why Don't People Get Angry Anymore? Mon Apr 09 2012, 11:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its not so bad now as it was. When I was younger, especially when I was overseas, I used to get angry, (still do sometimes), but on the whole I just get depressed for a while. the sad part is that I'm so used to getting depressed, that I'm actually starting to ignore the situation, and am accepting inept performances, and pathetic excuses from a manager who is floundering as a result of his own decisions. The worst part for me is not being able to hold my own with other teams supporters, as we all know BWFC have hit an all-time low, in all departments, and there's is nothing I can shout about. I think we all get angry, but have now learned to live with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum