Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Improper use of punctuation's and what not...

+6
scottjames30
wanderlust
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
Keegan
Bolton Nuts
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I see signs everywhere with mistakes on them.

"Bacon Buttie's only £1.50"

It's especially embarrassing when a company makes a mistake on something. One thing that bug's me is people not knowing where to use an apostrophe.

Oh, and when people write down "should of" - tut.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Your heading should have said "punctuation". The plural form does not have an added 's'. Very Happy

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing 

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The best sign I saw outside a shop was a pet shop in Horwich. It said "Get Your Fat Balls Out For The Birds". There was nothing wrong with the spelling.
Many years ago at school English written was taught vehemently. Any spelling and punctuation mistakes were punished by the teachers.
Stood me in good sted all my life. Problem is now that the multi languages that are spoken in the school yard is bound to have an effect on the English language without factoring in local dialect.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That'll be "good stead".

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I applied some dialect. SmileWink

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is "" Utter Bollocks"" utter bollocks or Utter Bollock's ?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

i Despize bad Speling N grammer...

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Keegan wrote:Your heading should have said "punctuation". The plural form does not have an added 's'. Very Happy

Thanks Keegan. I thought people would get that it was a deliberate mistake. Can you spot the other's?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:
Keegan wrote:Your heading should have said "punctuation". The plural form does not have an added 's'. Very Happy

Thanks Keegan. I thought people would get that it was a deliberate mistake. Can you spot the other's?

Bug's should be bugs. On holiday in Greece I saw a sign outside a shop which read, ' Fresh Sanguages' and in the alley next to the shop was a sign which said ' No Parkin'. I can only assume the delivery from Greggs failed to materialise.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order....as they should be.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order....as they should be.
 Laughing

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Surely there are bigger things to get worked up about?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Is "" Utter Bollocks"" utter bollocks or Utter Bollock's ?
If you know anyone called Bollock, then you could use the last one in a phrase like "utter Bollock's name at your peril!"
Otherwise it's just bollocks. In every sense.

I could spend all day on this thread..........

I know a bloke who got slung out of a cafe in Cornwall on his holidays for correcting the spelling and punctuation on their black-board.

And in the lobby at work there's a massive board with our company's mission statement on it and there are a spelling mistake and two punctuation errors on it.

In letters four inches high.....

I'm dying to say something but I've not been there long and it's a family run business, so I don't think they'd take too kindly to my pointing it out.......yet.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Improper use of punctuation's and what not... Smoke_signalShocking. And from one of my own.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Biggie wrote:

I spotted other's but was just having fun. I hardly, if ever, correct spelling/punctuation on here - no matter how much "of/have" annoys me!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Improper use of punctuation's and what not... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDuwHYvtj_Vw_IKL_sy6gjyKlkF71EHAIAfX2sgK09jCTdNwGf

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Improper use of punctuation's and what not... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIyHXJdEdF7VgPp7CcNMWrA0UJcrnXcHw9RUUKK8M1HdkBF-gW8w

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Improper use of punctuation's and what not... Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3Q-j6X1UwUSC_BBATGUrEMTWdpE29HBDzd6wygG0Y8mN2DVeVtg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum