Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not all bad news today - Tranmere got relegated!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tranmere were relegated to League Two as they lost to Bradford City - after results went against them elsewhere.

Crewe Alexandra's win over Preston and Notts County's point at Oldham were enough to relegate Rovers.

But Tranmere surrendered a lead given to them by Matthew Pennington's early strike to increase the suffering.

After on-loan winger Junior Brown was red-carded on 31 minutes, City came back to beat 10-man Rovers with late goals from Jon Stead and Aaron McLean.

The Bantams equalised on 81 minutes when Stead's shot found the bottom-left corner.

And McLean sealed Tranmere's fate when he found the same spot from 16 yards out six minutes later.

Rovers return to English football's fourth tier after spending 13 seasons in League One.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27167768

I nearly missed this yesterday (too busy fuming at us not relegating Brum).

I suppose some of the younger contributors won't feel the same way as us older farts, but those of us who were at Wembley that day when the beat us will always smile when bad things happen to Tranmere.

The Fourth Division is where they belong....

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:I nearly missed this yesterday (too busy fuming at us not relegating Brum).

I suppose some of the younger contributors won't feel the same way as us older farts, but those of us who were at Wembley that day when the beat us will always smile when bad things happen to Tranmere.

The Fourth Division is where they belong....
 :clap:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had 3 extra pies on the strength of this last night. Very Happy

I hope "pies" isn't a euphemism for something rude.........

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I hope "pies" isn't a euphemism for something rude.........
Not all bad news today - Tranmere got relegated! Shocked-smiley-emoticon

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've always detested Tranmere so this made my day! That play-off defeat was hard to take and then all the aggro a few years later with that big nosed scouse twat Aldridge made it even worse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum