Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could you pass a driving test in Ethiopia?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Just imagine the hazard awareness part of the test.

That looks like the bottom of Halliwell Rd every Friday tea-time.....

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Unbelievably the traffic seems to flow quite well. No jams.

Not sure what city centre it is in this country but the council have decided to scrap traffic lights because it is supposed to make drivers more aware and responsible and thus have less accidents.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is probably Addis Ababa. Outside of the main city, Ethiopia has a very rugged inhospitable terrain and motor vehicles are not the main form of transport. I couldn't pass a driving test in Ethiopia because I am allergic to camels.

Biggie wrote:Unbelievably the traffic seems to flow quite well. No jams.

Not sure what city centre it is in this country but the council have decided to scrap traffic lights because it is supposed to make drivers more aware and responsible and thus have less accidents.

I think Ethiopia has the highest number of deaths/injuries caused by motor vehicles in the world, so don't think it works that well.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me, looking at the standard of driving probably, yes!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's now 2014. Wouldn't you have thought successive Ethiopian governments would have considered the benefits of traffic lights at major road junctions?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I went to Vietnam over a year ago, and its like that with all the traffic, all the time. However, it seems to have some logic, and you just step out, (carefully), and they drive around you. The bigger the vehicle, the less likely that are to stop or go around you !

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I went to Vietnam over a year ago

Did you find suckie suckie?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No, but I had a full body massage in the hotel that was only just this side of legal  Very Happy

I'm guessing they don't have car  insurance in Ethiopia, trying to apportion blame would be impossible.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:I'm guessing they don't have car  insurance in Ethiopia, trying to apportion blame would be impossible.

Third party liability insurance isn't required legally in Ethiopia, so nobody bothers.

(I'm not a nerd like Amos, I just googled it.)

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:Unbelievable bus ride.  

http://www.20min.ch/ro/videotv/?vid=339276

I don't think i could do that... Let alone lean out with my camera!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum