Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Going Ape.

+2
boltonbonce
scottjames30
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Going Ape. Empty Going Ape. Sun May 18 2014, 16:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Went climbing some trees and walking round Rivington lake and came across 'going ape' in the woods.

people up in the trees climbing and swinging about on zip wires then onto big nets, looked good, anyone done it? it looked like a fair distance.

2Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Sun May 18 2014, 16:45

Did you wake up this morning and think "It's a nice day, I'm going to climb some trees" or is it something you do all the time?

Serious question.

3Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Sun May 18 2014, 16:48

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Did you wake up this morning and think "It's a nice day, I'm going to climb some trees" or is it something you do all the time?

Serious question.

I love climbing trees, I was teaching my son how to climb, and came across this adventure.

Looked into it though you've got to be 10 so it counts him out.

Me and the misses are going to do it though, what a way to spend your day, and you can have a pint when you've finished. Very Happy

But yes that's what I thought.

4Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Sun May 18 2014, 18:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good Ultra training.

5Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Sun May 18 2014, 18:09

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Good Ultra training.

Well this is it Mr Bonce, when getting chased through a forest, or wood, where else you going to hide?

up the BUM.

6Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Sun May 18 2014, 18:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Once fell out of a tree in Worsley woods. Took my new binoculars out for a spin and was doing a bit of birdwatching. At least that's what I told the cops. Tend not to climb them now.

7Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Sun May 18 2014, 18:26

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Once fell out of a tree in Worsley woods. Took my new binoculars out for a spin and was doing a bit of birdwatching. At least that's what I told the cops. Tend not to climb them now.

Did you never have the guts to ask her out? old Bonce lad.

8Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Sun May 18 2014, 18:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Took a girl I fancied to Burnden to watch the reserves play Wolves reserves. Within 5 minutes the ball hit her in the face! The whole of burnden to aim at! Not much to look at in the first place mind,hardly TV star looks. Unless you count Ken Dodd. The relationship ended at half time. Thank God.

9Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Sun May 18 2014, 18:39

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Took a girl I fancied to Burnden to watch the reserves play Wolves reserves. Within 5 minutes the ball hit her in the face! The whole of burnden to aim at! Not much to look at in the first place mind,hardly TV star looks. Unless you count Ken Dodd. The relationship ended at half time. Thank God.

Laughing  you tried too hard there.

I once took a bird to Portsmouth , eight hours there  and seven hours back, I stated that we'd smash them and it'll be a great day as they are only a small club, just being promoted.

How wrong could I be , trying to find the coach at 3-0 down, they moved the fuckers' when we found them , it was 4-0, and some Portsmouth twat gave me the V sign.

Anyway she dumped me, but ended up banging her later on in life.

Love is real.

10Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Sun May 18 2014, 23:45

I took a girlfriend to Burnden once when I was about 17.

Big mistake.

We hadn't been going out long and she was still at the "pretending to like the stuff I was into" stage.

We got the 501 into town and started off in Churchills (as I always did with my mates) and it was clear from the off that she was out of her depth - "I'll have a Malibu & Lemonade, please."

A fuckin' what....? Here's half a lager. Enjoy....

By the time we'd been through The Waggon and The King Bill, she was pissed.

Fortunately, because she was with me, I'd already decided to go in the Lever End because it had seats and was a bit more civilised than The Paddock.

She fell asleep after about ten minutes and slept through most of the match.

I then had to take her home and get rid of her before I could rejoin my mates back in town later.

I'm not proud of this, but basically, I got her to her front door on New Hall Lane, rang the bell, leaned her against the wall and fucked off sharpish.

Learnt a lot that day about life and relationships.......

11Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Mon May 19 2014, 00:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yet another one here who took one of his early amour's to watch a game at Burnden - God how sophisticated us lot are!

Was a midweek game against Blackburn and I took her into the Embankment which was packed out and we had to push our way through the hoards until I found a spot where we could see.

Just as we got comfy in each others arms the crowd start to chant...  Roooovers, Rooovers!  yip, I'd completely miscalculated how many they would bring (pre segregation days) and not only was we now stood at the mercy of the Ewood Boot Boys, we had pushed ourselves through them to get where we were and had to push through them again to get out of there!

This we did and we ended up standing somewhere far more safer but considerably less able to see the game.

We lost as well.

Grim night in the end.

Never made the mistake of ever taking another girl friend to the game after that!

C'est la vie.

12Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Mon May 19 2014, 09:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One very beautiful girl that I adored patiently sat through one of the most boring games at the Reebok I've ever witnessed which was only brightened up by a single goal (great strike from Blake as I remember) which she missed, as she'd turned to talk to me at exactly the wrong moment.
I was praying we'd get another so she could experience the whole thing, but it remained a turgid war of attrition that we won 1 nil. Didn't stop her loving me but she didn't come to any more games. 
Shortly afterwards we came to a very amicable arrangement - I didn't accompany her shopping so by mutual agreement we designated Saturdays as "me time". First relationship I had which was mature enough for us to allow each other space and time to be ourselves.

13Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Mon May 19 2014, 10:37

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: 
Shortly afterwards we came to a very amicable arrangement - I didn't accompany her shopping so by mutual agreement we designated Saturdays as "me time". First relationship I had which was mature enough for us to allow each other space and time to be ourselves.

A sensible, practical approach which is mutually acceptable to both parties. It's the only way forward in my humble opinion.

14Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Mon May 19 2014, 11:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:One very beautiful girl that I adored patiently sat through one of the most boring games at the Reebok

Where was your wife?

15Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Mon May 19 2014, 11:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:One very beautiful girl that I adored patiently sat through one of the most boring games at the Reebok

Where was your wife?

At Old Trafford with a tall dark handsome man.

They're swingers.

16Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Mon May 19 2014, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:At Old Trafford with a tall dark handsome man.

It better not have been my Mark.

17Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Mon May 19 2014, 12:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hadn't met the current wife then.

No danger of her meeting Mavies though given the "tall" and "handsome" criteria.

18Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Mon May 19 2014, 12:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
No danger of her meeting Mavies though given the "tall" and "handsome" criteria.

That's low, slagging off someone's partner.

19Going Ape. Empty Re: Going Ape. Mon May 19 2014, 12:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

That's low, slagging off someone's partner.
So you and Mavies are an item now? 
Congratulations!
Try not to break him before the season starts please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum