Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our Young Team

+3
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Our Young Team Empty Our Young Team Fri Apr 13 2012, 17:04

Bolton Nuts

Admin

We have a number of players who have good Premiership experience but are still pretty young. And we have a lot of English players too. Is Coyle building a good team for the future?

Bogdan 24
Wheater 24
Alonso 21
Reem 24
Sordell 20
CYLee 23
Ngog 23
Pratley 26
NRC 28
Mavies 23/24
Holden 27
Muamba 23/24
And then a few youngsters too.

It's quite a young squad, and I think, given time together all of those players have something to give to the club. I think there may be something up Coyle's sleeve afterall.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Fri Apr 13 2012, 17:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Youth is overated, if we had a few more experienced heads we wouldn't be in this mess. A captain should have been signed long before the season started. You don't stay up with kids.

3Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Fri Apr 13 2012, 18:09

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I cant really see muamba playing again.

4Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Fri Apr 13 2012, 18:17

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I saw my GP this afternoon, he is a Wanderers fan, he lives next door to Marcos Alonso. I see him once a month and we always chat for 5-10 minutes about the whites.

He doesn't think Muamba will play again, the main reason being his muscle strength will never be the same again.

5Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Fri Apr 13 2012, 20:10

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sorry to say but in my opinion anyone more than half way decent will be off to pastures new. If Holden had been fit at the start of the season he would have been sold in Jan. If Boggers continues to improve, I think PG will be telling the manager to cash-in.

Sorry to be so negative (considering I'm so new on here) but I think it's just a fact of life.

Biggie thinks OC may have something up his sleeve, if only. Something between his ears would be nice.

6Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Fri Apr 13 2012, 20:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:Sorry to say but in my opinion anyone more than half way decent will be off to pastures new.

So no one then Very Happy

7Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 13:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle's only mistake is to try to transform an ageing squad and a boring style in just one season.
I don't care if we're relegated as long as I get to see the experiment through to completion. If Coyle gets one season in the Championship with this lot and we get relegated again to the 1st Division I'd still be happy just to have seen it through for once instead of doing the bleeding obvious - settling for average, overpriced experienced players and boring football.
Sure I'd sack him if the experiment failed, but at least we'll have watched the whole thing and given young talent and attacking flair a chance.
I believe Coyle has the right approach and if we go down, it's because he's tried to introduce change too quickly.

8Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 13:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Sure I'd sack him if the experiment failed, but at least we'll have watched the whole thing and given young talent and attacking flair a chance.

So where is this young flair you speak of?

Ngog, Pratley and Alonso might be young but they don't have any flair.

It's a complete myth about Coyle playing flair football - it's every bit as dire as the tripe served up by Fat Sam and Megson. Just like them, he always reverts to Kevin Davies.

I'd much rather have a team of 35 year olds with a bit of passion and able to do the basics like pass and hold onto the ball.

9Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 13:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog does have flair actually, he's a skillful player but we play him in a role which negates much of that, and he's done a very good job considering.

10Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 13:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Ngog does have flair actually, he's a skillful player but we play him in a role which negates much of that, and he's done a very good job considering.

He's done fuck all. We're in this mess because of players like Ngog who haven't playted to their potential.

11Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 13:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute bollocks.

We're in this mess because we can't defend for shit and the team is incredibly badly organised.

12Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Absolute bollocks.

We're in this mess because we can't defend for shit and the team is incredibly badly organised.

There's a bit of truth to that, but if all the players had played to potential the shite tactics wouldn't have mattered quite so much.

You can't deny the players have let us down, Ngog included.

13Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whats this "potential" you speak of, maybe the players are playing to their potential.

just because you envisage them playing like Rooney and co doesn't mean they're capable.

Ngog is one of the players who's disappointed me least this season.

Played in a totally foreign role, asked to lead the line with little or no service, he's done a great job.

14Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Whats this "potential" you speak of, maybe the players are playing to their potential.

just because you envisage them playing like Rooney and co doesn't mean they're capable.

Ngog is one of the players who's disappointed me least this season.

Played in a totally foreign role, asked to lead the line with little or no service, he's done a great job.

Are you Largehat, he's another that defends these ponces at every turn.

Do you not think a professional footballer playing in a top league on huge wages should be able to do more than "put a shift in". Shouldn't we expect some class? The odd piece of skill that creates something from nothing?

15Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't defend these ponces at every turn, I'm just realistic enough to know that not all players are going to be able to perform to a world class standard, which is what you seemingly expect.

16Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't defend these ponces at every turn, I'm just realistic enough to know that not all players are going to be able to perform to a world class standard, which is what you seemingly expect.

I don't expect world-class, but do you not accept that a Premier League striker should be able to do something out of the ordinary once in a while.

17Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not necessarily no.

I expect them to give their best, a passionate performance every time they wear the shirt, but i don't expect Ngog to be dribbling round 3 or 4 players and curling in a 40 yard strike every game.

If he was capable of such acts he wouldn't be playing for Bolton.

18Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not necessarily no.

I expect them to give their best, a passionate performance every time they wear the shirt, but i don't expect Ngog to be dribbling round 3 or 4 players and curling in a 40 yard strike every game.

If he was capable of such acts he wouldn't be playing for Bolton.

So a £4m striker playing in one of the best leagues in the world shouldn't have the ability to do something a bit different? I don't mean beat half the opposition, I mean a great pass or cross that results in a goal. Something a League 1 player couldn't do.

Unfortunately I think your point of view is typical of the average supporter these days - they're so used to mediocrity that they've become used to it.

19Our Young Team Empty Re: Our Young Team Sat Apr 14 2012, 14:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would argue that what you just described was his goal against Everton.

Took a difficult pass, got it under control beat a man before curling a beautiful finish past the keeper in the bottom corner on his left foot.

A bit special, can he do that every week? No, but he's capable of producing moments of good football without question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum