Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Sort Of Twat.....?

+6
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 17:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

.......writes to the BBC to complain about a co-commentator on a football game?

Seriously, the BBC have received 445 complaints about Phil Neville's monotone style when he made his first live commentary on the England/Italy game.

I'm not denying his commentary was rubbish - but any worse than the awful Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend on ITV? I think not.

But who leads such an empty life that they would actually write a letter/e-mail of complaint about something so trivial? Are you one of the twats who complained?

In a world of war, hunger and turmoil have people lost grasp of reality - is "celebrity" the most important thing in their lives?

2What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 17:12

3What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 17:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was a one line comment on a football forum. I'm talking about people who would actually write to the BBC to complain about something so trivial.

Who would be so pathetic?

4What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 17:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Michael Owen was pretty bad on BT Sport but Phil Neville certainly gives him a run for his money. Rather churlish to complain officially though. After all, it's only a game.

5What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 17:31

If I paid my T.V license I would have complained.

6What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 17:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:If I paid my T.V license I would have complained.

Why don't you pay your TV Licence you thief?

7What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 18:02

Moved house recently, forgot to tell them I had moved house so got a letter last week telling me I didn't have one. As soon as I get it sorted I'll be complaining about Phil Neville

8What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 19:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair play for people complaining about him, who wants to listen to his boring voice for 90 mins.

I don't.

9What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 19:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Fair play for people complaining about him, who wants to listen to his boring voice for 90 mins.

I don't.

You all miss the point as usual.

Who has the time to complain about something so trivial? If you want to complain, complain about something worthwhile.

10What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 19:20

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:Fair play for people complaining about him, who wants to listen to his boring voice for 90 mins.

I don't.

Who has the time to complain about something so trivial? If you want to complain, complain about something worthwhile.
Yeah who has the time to send one message using a computer.

11What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 19:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't even notice. Who cares how he talks

12What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 19:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't.

How long would it take ?

Half hour, an hour, there is 24 hours in a day, people will find time.

Anyway just about to complain about some boring twat, anyone got a stamp?

13What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 19:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:
Yeah who has the time to send one message using a computer.

:facepalm: 

I'm too good for this site.

14What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 19:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I don't.

It's the world we live in Nat.

It's no longer "if you've nothing nice to say...." It's "If you've got something to say, make sure it's negative"

15What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 19:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

It's the world we live in Nat.

It's no longer "if you've nothing nice to say...." It's "If you've got something to say, make sure it's negative"

Very true. I wonder how many of the 445 complainers have ever sent a positive letter/e-mail to a company.

16What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 19:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a bi product of the press and the "me me me" internet generation.

Nothing wrong with criticism, very healthy for debate, but todays world has no interest in debate sadly, just the sound of their own "voice" and the sight of their own face on a mobile phone screen. 

I'm not leaving myself out of it btw, I think we all fall into it once in a while but it's kind of depressing at times the volume of it.

17What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Mon Jun 16 2014, 19:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just wait till England get sent home from the world cup, it'll get worse.

18What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Tue Jun 17 2014, 11:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's now had death threats:

One person said 'I hope you die' and another 'I know where you live'

The police really should be rounding these people up and shooting them.

19What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Tue Jun 17 2014, 12:23

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't really know where he lives - that was just to scare him a bit.

20What Sort Of Twat.....? Empty Re: What Sort Of Twat.....? Tue Jun 17 2014, 12:50

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This story is absolutely pathetic. I hear Neville has a namesake who's been getting death threats. Fair enough, he's a crap commentator. Are people genuinely angry about it?

The internet makes it too easy for people to be the scumbags they're not brave enough to be in reality.

I know somebody personally who wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life but has been known to post mindless abuse to celebrities over Twitter.

You wonder where these dreadful people come from, but the sad reality is that they often are (or appear to be) just ordinary people. It's quite unsettling to know that you could think you're talking to a decent, harmless person, when they're actually a total maniac, armed with a keyboard.

I bet Nat's nice as pie yet timid as a mouse really.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum