Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Old Bolton Holidays ???

+6
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
Soul Kitchen
boltonbonce
Banks of the Croal
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Fri Jun 27 2014, 00:00

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Used to be about now, can anyone remember those days, used to be the highlight of the year Very Happy 

A couple of day trips to Blackpool, on a Charabanc, or a train from Trinity st. to Rhyl.

Then when you got older and had to pay for your holiday, thank fuck for advanced holiday pay, for your spending money.

Everything more or less shut down in Bolton back then, you had to buy the BN from a street corner or bus shelter to look at the photo's,  of those families who were lucky enough to getaway to Morecambe,Fleetwood,Pwlleli and the likes.

Remember being always being able to buy the BN in Blackpool or bumping into someone you knew  Very Happy 

Happy Days  Very Happy

2The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Fri Jun 27 2014, 06:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Remember it well. Used to get our BN form a guy outside the newsagents who had them all weighted down with bricks to stop them blowing away. Life seemed less stressed then. Happy days indeed. Very Happy

3The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Fri Jun 27 2014, 08:31

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

And Wigan holidays overlapped with ours. Bolton's second week was Wigan's first.
This week would be the first week of Bolton hols.
As you say happy days.

4The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Fri Jun 27 2014, 08:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we used to go on our lads holidays in Bolton holidays and spent the whole 2 weeks pumping into people we knew from home!

5The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Fri Jun 27 2014, 09:46

Norpig wrote:we used to go on our lads holidays in Bolton holidays and spent the whole 2 weeks pumping into people we knew from home!

Pumping into people.......?

Is that a Freudian slip?

Very Happy 

6The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Fri Jun 27 2014, 11:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton holidays always used to coincide with Wmbledon. We had some lovely family holidays as kids. Mullion and Helston in Cornwall, Dawlish Warren and Brixham in Devon, Llandudno and St Ives in Wales. Happy days.

7The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Fri Jun 27 2014, 13:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
Norpig wrote:we used to go on our lads holidays in Bolton holidays and spent the whole 2 weeks pumping into people we knew from home!

Pumping into people.......?

Is that a Freudian slip?

Very Happy 

oops only just noticed that  :biggrin: maybe not me but the rest of the lads put it around a lot!

8The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Fri Jun 27 2014, 13:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:Bolton holidays always used to coincide with Wmbledon. We had some lovely family holidays as kids. Mullion and Helston in Cornwall, Dawlish Warren and Brixham in Devon, Llandudno and St Ives in Wales. Happy days.

I can't really comment on this thread as I am not as old as you guys but have had many a good holiday down in Dawlish Warren when I was a kid.

I would still love to go back as one of my family members has a static down there but it just feels too far in the car these days. Smile

9The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Sat Jun 28 2014, 00:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Remember it well. Used to get our BN form a guy outside the newsagents who had them all weighted down with bricks to stop them blowing away. Life seemed less stressed then. Happy days indeed. Very Happy

I'd forgotten that - yes happy days indeed.

Where did the last 50 years go to?

Frightening really.

10The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Sat Jun 28 2014, 23:55

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I thought it was a more recent thing with casual BEN staff selling the papers from closed newsagents with bricks and stones weighing down the papers!!!

Trdition is fading fast as, from what I have heard, from next year even Wimbledon is changing its dates by bringing the tournament a week forward!

11The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Sun Jun 29 2014, 11:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was also traditionally wakes week, for any folks not heading off on holiday, the fair came to town.

12The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Empty Re: The Old Bolton Holidays ??? Sun Jun 29 2014, 20:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would reply to this but I am on holiday .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum