Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Foreign Owners for BWFC

+4
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
trotter1948
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 12:01

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Have we ever had any interest from foreign owners
I see that a foreign conglomerate are sniffing around Notts Forest

2Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 12:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather not have any foreign interest to be honest. Half these Johnny come lately's are only interested in what they can get out of the club and how much money they can make.

The unscrupulous swines have no sense of football tradition. Portsmouth have shown how badly things can turn out. The 'fit and proper' person test is clearly carried out by people who are neither fit nor proper.

3Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 13:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This got me really excited.. then i read the thread.

4Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 13:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It always surprises me people aren't queuing up to take on our £110m debt.

5Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 14:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll never happen. We're smack bang in the middle of footie club central so the catchment area - and the potential to make money is small.

6Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 14:49

trotter1948

trotter1948
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Fair enough
Just thought I'd ask

Very Happy

7Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 14:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's easy.

We just need to keep the balance sheet well hidden.

8Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 16:45

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thing is, though, we do not owe the Banks 110 million!!!! Therefore according to the account sheet our debt is very minimal, if any at all - especailly as we have plenty of security to cover the debts plus lots more on top (shhh I didn't say the last bit as I don't want that "debt" any bigger)

9Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 17:06

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyone wanting to buy Burnden Leisure would have to either repay Eddie his £100m or pay him back £5m per year and have the £100m the company owes him on the balance sheet.

Not exactly an attractive proposition for anyone.

10Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 17:34

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:Anyone wanting to buy Burnden Leisure would have to either repay Eddie his £100m or pay him back £5m per year and have the £100m the company owes him on the balance sheet.

Clubs have been bought with bigger debts, ours isn't as big as most, though, thankfully. Plus it all depends on whether they just buy the club, from Burnden Leisure, or they buy the who group, as well!!

BTW what else comes under the Burnden Leisure umbrella?

11Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 17:45

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
largehat wrote:Anyone wanting to buy Burnden Leisure would have to either repay Eddie his £100m or pay him back £5m per year and have the £100m the company owes him on the balance sheet.

Clubs have been bought with bigger debts, ours isn't as big as most, though, thankfully. Plus it all depends on whether they just buy the club, from Burnden Leisure, or they buy the who group, as well!!

BTW what else comes under the Burnden Leisure umbrella?

Yeah but as others have suggested, the clubs bought with greater debts have much higher turnover and potential for operating profit.

As far as I know, the only other interests owned by Burnden Leisure are a 50% stake in the De Vere Whites Hotel (which loses £2m per year) and land interests.

12Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 18:01

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As well as the debt to Eddie we also have a 10 million loan with Barclays.

13Foreign Owners for BWFC Empty Re: Foreign Owners for BWFC Mon Apr 16 2012, 18:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What I was about to say before my lappie crashed was.....

1. It all depends on whether the club is bought seperately or as part of the Burnden Leisure group.

2. All depends upon on how the "debt" can be dispersed amongst the other parts of the group - primarily through Inter-company/Cross Guarantees and Debentures.

We could actually be sold as a debt free club if any of those are in place to spread the debt. I know its not known and won't be advised in any of the financial packages but I wouldn't be surprised if most of the debt is secured by Cross Guarantee with Eddie's other investments and ventures. Although the debt is actually owed to him!

With regards to the BL Group - whatever happened to the paper( (?) manufacturers that was part of the group - which was based on teh one-way section of Raikes Lane heading back onto St Peters Way? Is that still part of the group, or was it sold on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum