Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman looks to unearth another gem

+2
wanderlust
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman has promised Wanderers fans he will leave no stone unturned in his search for a new strike star before the start of the season.

After missing out on long-time target Lukas Jutkiewicz, the Whites boss is now investigating other options as he looks for more physical presence in his attack, most notably the loan market.

While it is understood that Cardiff City’s Joe Mason remains on the manager’s shortlist if the South Wales club decide to send him out for games – the criteria for the next signing will be someone who can spearhead the manager’s preferred 4-2-3-1 system Freedman admits he might need time to find the right player but is confident he can use the loan market again to his advantage.

“I’ll say right now that we’re probably not going to get a big name through the door who’s done everything,” he told The Bolton News. “But then I’d remind a few people that when Lukas Jutkiewicz came in, people were asking ‘who’s this guy?’ “But I’d like to think that fans understand how I work, how I bring players in and try to make them better. It can take time to find the right one because I’m not going to just sign someone for the sake of it – that spells panic in my book.

“It might not be the big player that everyone wants but I believe it can be a player who everyone can again take to their hearts like a Jutkiewicz, a Craig Dawson, a Joe Mason, a Liam Feeney or a Kevin McNaughton.”

Freedman is placing great faith in the scouting and analysis department he installed at the club last summer to find the striker with the right attributes to fit his system.

A far cry from the old fashioned man in the stands, the modern Wanderers scouting network utilises player data from thousands of sources to compile lists of possible targets.

“Putting all that in place was one of the first major things I did here behind the scenes,” he said. “Listen, I know that results in the first six months of last season did not reflect the hard work that has gone in there, but I firmly believe in time they will.

“We’ve really ripped apart the scouting structure at the club. We are using younger guys, dynamic guys, using state of the art technology to find players who will play in a certain way.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now that is interesting.

Although I'd be happier if the scouts actually went to see the prospects playing. I guess that just happens to the short list.

With Andrews, Boggers and Lee still with us i.e. no sales, I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. A loanee it is then - kind of expected that though.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

“We’ve really ripped apart the scouting structure at the club. We are using younger guys, dynamic guys, using state of the art technology to find players who will play in a certain way.”

Brilliant. Scouts that don't actually watch players. Well done Dougie.

State of the art technology = YouTube.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheer up men. I got the new home shirt today.It's the dogs bollocks.
Not only that,Dickinson's real deal at 3pm is coming from the Reebok Macron,and they're selling some BWFC memorabilia. Oh the joys of being a simpleton.  cheers

Just spotted Keith Andrews stood at the back wearing a sign round his neck saying: "Free to a good home."

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman is there in disguise looking for a bargain.

Some woman's selling a stuffed donkey with a leg missing for forty quid.

Gartside's just offered her six hundred quid.

She drove a hard bargain, but they eventually settled on two grand........

Is that you in the purple tie, Bonce?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't be selling.

£700...?

I'd have snatched his hand off.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit greedy. Christ, I'd better insure my lot.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

busy afternoon lads?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scouting the old way is old fashioned.

Norpig wrote:busy afternoon lads?

Yes, actually.

I did the ironing after Loose Women then I took the dog out.

Had a coffee when I got back (obviously) before playing Sudoku for a bit and then made a cheese pie for tea.

Absolutely panned out now and am relaxing with a G&T.

It's not easy being a house husband you know...... Very Happy

scottjames30 wrote:Scouting the old way is old fashioned.

Yeah, that's kind of why it's called the old way......

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Absolutely panned out now and am relaxing with a G&T.
I'm having a Pimms and lemonade over ice  Razz

Woo-Hoo! Get her.....!

I hope it's got chopped up veg in it like the one and only time I had it at a posh wedding in Cheshire.

I asked for a drink and got a glass of cold veg soup.

Just another reason I'm thankful I'm not posh - I couldn't drink that shit every week.....

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Woo-Hoo! Get her.....!

I hope it's got chopped up veg in it like the one and only time I had it at a posh wedding in Cheshire.

I asked for a drink and got a glass of cold veg soup.

Just another reason I'm thankful I'm not posh - I couldn't drink that shit every week.....

Your supposed to add strawberries, cucumber, mint and oranges to it apparently.

I'm only drinking it as we have nothing else in and have run out of beers etc and it's Friday night.

Just noticed that it is just 25% volume as well, can't get pissed off that!  Shocked

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In fact, after having 3 glasses of the stuff, I have come to the conclusion that it tastes like shite.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum