Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 years ago today Gary Megson was in bullish mood OMG

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

With 4 new signings Zat knight(mare) Sean Davis (played about 36 minutes in 3 years on top dollar.Calamity full back Paul Robinson and Sam Ricketts.
Megson he had a good eye for a good player.2 complete fuck ups one who was permanently injured.Sam Ricketts the pick of the bunch(injured for a season as well) about!.£6 million for knight n Ricketts not sure about Robinson,think Davis was a bosman. ::mad:: 

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Taken from tonight's Bolton news page 31 looking back.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I rated Sam Ricketts if the truth be told. good, versatile player who's throw ins were like getting an extra few corners per game. 

Not a world beater by any measure, but could be trusted to work his damned hardest for the team. I miss players like this. 

Also, For all his mistakes (caused by his size and lack of pace more than a lack of effort) id put Paul Robinson in he same vain, he had passion and fight in him, something this team lacks.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Megson had good reason to be optimistic with those signings. Sean Davis was a classy player and Robbo and Sam were good professionals. Knight was a gamble but had been capped by England and potentially could have improved. But it wasn't to be and the injuries were a disaster - incredibly unlucky for all concerned.
I think that in the end we got VFM for Sam and possibly Robbo but my disappointment was not getting to watch Sean Davis play more - a great player with vision IMO and as good as Djorkieff on his day. And Knight never developed the ball skills to go with his physique.
But at the time, there was reason to be hopeful.

Have you really just suggested that Sean Davis was as good as (World Cup winning) Youri Djorkaeff?

Are you just doing this to get a reaction now, or what....?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sean Davis was a decent player but nowhere near the quality of Youri in my opinion, i always thought we should have kept hold of Ricketts as well, he was a decent player who could play anywhere across the back four. We certainly could have done with him at certain points of last season,.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was bored.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"It gets up my hooter a bit when they're all saying megson megson sign him up and who they, who they thought brought him in here in the first place" 

Gary Megson.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sean Davis as good as Youri LoLx10

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum