Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is RedkKnapp the answer ?

+8
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Sluffy
Banks of the Croal
Reebok Trotter
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having watched Spurs on ESPN tonight I have serious doubts as to whether Redknapp is the right man to take over the England team. Spurs were fucking clueless against QPR.

2Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:16

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thought Spurs were awful too, what about QPR's goal, Friedel should have have saved it.

Harry wasn't half doing some twitching near the end.

3Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think - and I've no proof what so ever - that Rednapp will never become England manager - for the same sort of reason that Allardyce never became manager - and the Wally with the Brolly did!

Something would have been done or said by now if his path was 'open' to the thrown.

4Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:59

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Spurs have been added to my "Fucking Unreliable Barstewards That I Hate" list.

Admittedly, this list consists of the majority of the Premier League and I should probably start expecting more of my own team as opposed to hating others for not doing us favours.

Back to Redknapp, I think they're on a bad run and they'll always be challenging for top 4 as long as he's there. I'm a fan!

5Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 00:46

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just give it Stuart Pearce for gods sake, we've had some real dummies lately.

He might be lacking but he can nearly speak English and he'd do it for ten and sixpence.

Give it Pearce.

6Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 02:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Please not Pearce.

Personally I think a day will come where financial chickens will come home to roost on 'Arry.

Roy Hodgson has the best credentials of any Englishman.

7Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 09:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A bit silly to judge Redknapp on the last few games, he's worked wonders with Spurs since he took over.

He really is the only man for the job. Talk of Roy Hodgson & Stuart Pearce is ridiculous, they have no experience of dealing with top overpaid ponces.

8Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 11:08

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Gartside gives his 100% backing for Harry Redknapp!!! Look at Gartsides appointments since being our chairman - the only flukey one was Sam Allardyce, otherwise we seemed to have just drifted with our managers and not had any real success. (and who remembers the disastrous dual-managers we had!!!!!affraid )

Thankfully when we get relegated Gartside will have NO say whatsoever in the matter, as he will have to give up his directors seat. The only association he will have with the FA, after we go down, will be his shares on seat on the board of Wembley Arena Limited.

9Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 11:47

There really is no one else but old 'Arry, I'd be quite excited to see him take over if truth be known.

10Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:09

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:A bit silly to judge Redknapp on the last few games, he's worked wonders with Spurs since he took over.

He really is the only man for the job. Talk of Roy Hodgson & Stuart Pearce is ridiculous, they have no experience of dealing with top overpaid ponces.

100% agree, Redknapp was the only man for the job when Capello left, a few bad results compared to such a successful career doesn't change that.

11Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:A bit silly to judge Redknapp on the last few games, he's worked wonders with Spurs since he took over.

You're right, but didn't we decide Wigan were the best team in the premiership based on their last 4 results.

In which case i think we can safely declare Redknapp an absolute failure and the worst manager of ALL TIME!

12Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You're right, but didn't we decide Wigan were the best team in the premiership based on their last 4 results.

In which case i think we can safely declare Redknapp an absolute failure and the worst manager of ALL TIME!

Nope, we decided Wigan had better players than us and would stay up easily.

13Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:21

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No I'm pretty sure we went a bit further than that.

14Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pearce would be a bit like the Kevin Keegan appointment - rampant nationalism and limited nous, although Pearce probably has more tactical awareness then Keegan did - as did my Gran RIP.
Not sure about Redknapp. He's a salesman who has been averagely successful despite managing to scrounge top class players - it's difficult to weigh him up with the players he has at his disposal and anything less than CL would be failure IMO. What we could have done with Defoe in the side is scary, but Redknapp doesn't even need him.
Hodgson does great things with limited players but his teams roll over sometimes.
I'd prefer to see someone like Brendan Rogers or Paul Lambert given a shot.

Last edited by wanderlust on Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pedantry)

15Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I'd prefer to see someone like Brendan Rogers or Paul Lambert given a shot.

Don't be stupid, two managers with less than a season in the Premier League and no experience of dealing with top players.

Redknapp is the only candidate, even though he is far from perfect. He isn't scared of dropping the big names if need be though, unlike previous England managers.

16Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 13:58

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rogers is Irish and Lambert is a jock so it's a no from me.

17Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 14:20

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When Redknapp took over Spurs were 20th. They finished that season 8th and then came 4th the season after.

He then led them to the Champions League quarter finals AND still managed to finish 5th in the premiership.

Hes English, passionate and already has a good relationship with most English players as well as having gained a lot of respect from them.

How anyone else is an option is beyond me.

18Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:08

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

You all miss the point. The best choice for England Manager is Owen Coyle. Surely ?

19Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:21

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dunkels King wrote:You all miss the point. The best choice for England Manager is Gary Megson. Surely ?

I totally agree - remember what gartsdie said when we hired him.....

He is Mr Football.

20Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Empty Re: Is RedkKnapp the answer ? Sun Apr 22 2012, 18:47

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Oh great, pathological hatred for Coyle ruins yet another thread about something totally unrelated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum