Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aggression

+2
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aggression  Empty Aggression Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:02

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

This is the least we should be able to expect of the side at this stage of the season.

I'm sick of all this standing off nonsense. There was nobody in the side yesterday that looked like they wanted the ball. In fact the complete opposite was the case.

We call Pratley, but the other players could take a leaf out of his book. At least he chases after the ball.

It's easy to underestimate how useful some pressure can be. You'd think Mr Motivator would value this and would have drilled this into the players by now.

2Aggression  Empty Re: Aggression Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Aggression, passion, heart - all words that could never be associated with an Owen Coyle team.

For all his banging on about lowering the age of the squad, this Bolton team has been crying out for some experienced heads with a bit of heart.

3Aggression  Empty Re: Aggression Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is a real malaise about the club thats for sure.

4Aggression  Empty Re: Aggression Sun Apr 22 2012, 17:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The two most enviable teams in the bottom five have had one thing in common lately - they scrap for every ball.

Why is it Wigan only ever turn on the style in the last month or two of the season? Is it because it takes them 8 months a season to find a system that suits them? Do they just happen to find Premiership quality out of thin air in April? No. They just fight.

It's clear this isn't being drilled into the players by Clueless. Quality won't keep us up. Tactically outwitting the opposition won't keep us up (this is Owen Coyle we're talking about). Hard work, grit and determination could.

But we didn't see it yesterday, so we won't ever!

5Aggression  Empty Re: Aggression Sun Apr 22 2012, 20:14

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'll play for you this Tuesday .....I'll give 120% ..... kill myself with effort...chase every ball ........ sadly I'm a donkey and can't control or pass a ball five feet. If effort is the only requirement I'm a good 'un.

6Aggression  Empty Re: Aggression Sun Apr 22 2012, 20:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you get here by 8pm on Tuesday?

7Aggression  Empty Re: Aggression Sun Apr 22 2012, 21:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:I'll play for you this Tuesday .....I'll give 120% ..... kill myself with effort...chase every ball ........ sadly I'm a donkey and can't control or pass a ball five feet. If effort is the only requirement I'm a good 'un.

Nobody's saying that effort is all we need, but that it's the least we need.

8Aggression  Empty Re: Aggression Sun Apr 22 2012, 21:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was thinking something similar today when watching wolves and city, for a game wolves had to win there was hardly a bone crunching taclke all game from a wolves player.

We haven't got the players who will die for the cause anymore, Eagles, Petrov, Ngog for example couldn't give a shit if we went down, Petrov will bugger back off abroad as will Ngog whilst Eagles will know he will still be here until Coyle leaves so has a job for life.

The only 2 players who look like they have a bit of passion at the moment are Gretar and NRC.

9Aggression  Empty Re: Aggression Sun Apr 22 2012, 21:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I was thinking something similar today when watching wolves and city, for a game wolves had to win there was hardly a bone crunching taclke all game from a wolves player.

We haven't got the players who will die for the cause anymore, Eagles, Petrov, Ngog for example couldn't give a shit if we went down, Petrov will bugger back off abroad as will Ngog whilst Eagles will know he will still be here until Coyle leaves so has a job for life.

The only 2 players who look like they have a bit of passion at the moment are Gretar and NRC.

Ngog is here for the duration of his contract believe me, no other club would take him.

10Aggression  Empty Re: Aggression Sun Apr 22 2012, 21:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You would think so but the fact he was a liverpool player only last season will sell him to someone who wants a striker, not in the premier league but somewhere in europe.

11Aggression  Empty Re: Aggression Mon Apr 23 2012, 10:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Robbo had passion and aggression and he was a liability. I'd hate to be relegated through giving too many free kicks/pens away or having players sent off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum