Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Was Muamba Out Of Order Selling His Story?

+4
gloswhite
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As most of you will have seen/read, Muamba sold his story to the The Sun over the weekend. There was no indication that he gave the interview for free or donated his fee to charity.

So is he out of order? Is he any different to the kiss-and-tell slags that shag a famous person and milk it for all the cash they can?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Honestly, if you've got a story, that someone wants to tell, and it's truthful. I really don't have a problem with that practice.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well just last week Natasha you rightly pointed out that his career could be over. He has a girlfriend and a son and hopefully, half a century of life ahead of him.

People keep saying the club will look after him and this type of stuff, well I'd rather he lived off Murdoch's money than BWFC's, if anything.

He has a story to tell, it is a human interest story, it is not scurrilous in anyway, there are no victims of the story, people want to hear about his experience and hopes for the future, I see nothing wrong with it, though I hope he is going to make a suitable charity donation.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

His life, his story, his cash.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I really see no problem with this at all?

Why does he have to give it to charity?

We don't live in the USSR, he can make money however he wants, its fine by me.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think it's wrong, and I think it tarnishes his good name.

He's basically making a financial gain from the expertise of the doctors - where is their cut? Without them he'd be long gone.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suspected you'd be the only one with a problem with this.

How do you know he was paid for the interview? How do you know if he was paid, he hasn't given the money to charity?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, your avatar looks 'plastic' and false.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:How do you know he was paid for the interview? How do you know if he was paid, he hasn't given the money to charity?

Normally The Sun say if someone hasn't been paid or donated their fee to charity. If nothing is printed you can bet a fee was involved.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I suspected you'd be the only one with a problem with this.

Me too.

If this had been Jade Goody or Cheryl Cole or Lindsay Dawn McKenzie I guarantee you everyone would have slated her.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I think it's wrong, and I think it tarnishes his good name.

He's basically making a financial gain from the expertise of the doctors - where is their cut? Without them he'd be long gone.

I didn't realise doctors arn't paid? nice of them to do it all for free.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nope, I don't really slate anyone for "selling their story" unless it's some sort of slander designed to ruin the career of someone else or something particularly unsavoury.

Maybe he wanted to donate the money privately without all the world knowing about it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

I suspect Muamba was getting paid too so I don't see your point. But wasn't one of the doctors in the crowd? He wasn't on duty, so he should get a bigger cut.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:

I suspect Muamba was getting paid too so I don't see your point. But wasn't one of the doctors in the crowd? He wasn't on duty, so he should get a bigger cut.

Are you still talking about giving money to charity or for Muamba to give money to the doctors who saved his life?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneOinCoyle wrote:

Are you still talking about giving money to charity or for Muamba to give money to the doctors who saved his life?

Of course Muamba shouldn't give money to the doctors, my point is that the only reason he was able to do the interview was because of the skill of the doctors involved. It's like me selling a painting and pocketing the cash even though you painted it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of bollocks.
Change your avatar back Nat. That other picture looked easy on the eye whereas this one looks like a shop window dummy.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty_Love wrote:

Why does he have to give it to charity?

We don't live in the USSR, he can make money however he wants, its fine by me.

FFS, I just said I hope he gives some to a charity.

I didn't say he was obliged to or expected to.

If someone saved my life and I then got a large sum for telling my story, I'd give something back to the people who saved my life.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:What a load of bollocks.
Change your avatar back Nat. That other picture looked easy on the eye whereas this one looks like a shop window dummy.

I can't help the way I look.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum