Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Neil Lennon - Results the priority

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Neil Lennon - Results the priority Empty Neil Lennon - Results the priority Tue Nov 04 2014, 10:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Lennon says that results will take priority over performances for his Bolton Wanderers side over the upcoming period of fixtures.

The Trotters have so far won two and lost two since Lennon took charge of the club last month.

And whilst expressing his desire to see better all-round performances from his side, Lennon stressed the importance of picking up points.

“Of course, we’d prefer to have both performances and results,” Lennon said at his pre-match press conference. “Any manager coming into a new job will tell you that if you can pick up a few results it’ll buy you a bit of time.

“We are very much in a results business and our aim at this moment is to get ourselves out of the bottom three.

“We know we’re in for a tough week, but the fact that we’re at home gives me a lot of comfort. I really enjoyed the home game against Brentford.

“Both Cardiff and Wigan are very strong opponents. Cardiff are under a new and experienced manager who knows how to get things done whilst Wigan have a lot of quality and are in a bit of a false position in the league.

“Cardiff are a big and strong team, with a lot of quality in midfield. They have a goalkeeper in David Marshall who I know very well – he was arguably one of the best in the Premier League last season.

“We’re looking for a good and positive reaction following the game at Norwich on Friday and I’m confident we’ll get that.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's going to be tough for Lennon, but the more I see of him in interviews, the more there is to admire about the man. He personifies control and passion in equal measure.

There seems to be a lot more videos than in previous regimes - not just press interviews but training etc.
Has Nuts just started to screen more of them or did they not exist before - i.e. is this a new policy to give fans better access to the club and players?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Results the priority? No shit.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Results the priority? No shit.

No rush. We're only two points off our target for the season i.e 21st.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Superb result last night but ironically it was the performance that seems more important. If that can be replicated - at least at Fortress Macron - we'll be absolutely fine. Confidence inspiring.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum