Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » The Christmas Thread

The Christmas Thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 11:45

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:and you have how many kids Nat?

What's that got to do with it?

Most people will find the post crass.

£800 is ridiculous, and you know it. They will grow up spoilt.

32 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 11:46

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
bit harsh commenting on someone's parenting skills when you have no clue about it yourself

33 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Norpig wrote:bit harsh commenting on someone's parenting skills when you have no clue about it yourself

So is £800 an appropriate amount to spend on children at Christmas? You've dodged the question so far.

Everyone on here is thinking the same thing, they're just too polite to say so.

If he has 10 kids I will apologise.

34 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 11:58

Copper Dragon

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I'd say that it's more disgusting to bump a thread up about Christmas in effing October.

35 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 12:00

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Copper Dragon wrote:I'd say that it's more disgusting to bump a thread up about Christmas in effing October.

I'm pretty sure he bumped it just to show off how much he's spent.

As I said, crass.

36 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 12:39

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
I've got 3 kids. If you split that 800 quid between them then that works out at 266 quid each. If you only had one child whom you spent £266 on at Christmas would you honestly consider that excessive. Anyone who has kids knows Christmas can be expensive, which is why we save all year to plan for it. Stuff these days is a rip off and if you have children of certain ages you are buying stuff like bikes and tablets and games consoles etc. The one and only time of the year my kids get spoilt is Christmas and if you can't spoil them then, when can you? 

People comment on how they are going on holidays and the majority of those holidays will cost more than I've spent on Christmas, so it's nowt to do with showing off. 

Commenting on my parenting skills when you're clearly talking out of your arse is out of line, even for you. You know fuck all.

37 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 12:46

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Given the fact that I got banned for commenting on a member's family situation when I merely pointed out that KP's mrs isn't British, I reckon Whittam deserves at least a month in the tank for these comments.

Push that button, mods.

38 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 12:46

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bwfc1958 wrote:I've got 3 kids. If you split that 800 quid between them then that works out at 266 quid each. If you only had one child whom you spent £266 on at Christmas would you honestly consider that excessive. Anyone who has kids knows Christmas can be expensive, which is why we save all year to plan for it. Stuff these days is a rip off and if you have children of certain ages you are buying stuff like bikes and tablets and games consoles etc. The one and only time of the year my kids get spoilt is Christmas and if you can't spoil them then, when can you? 

People comment on how they are going on holidays and the majority of those holidays will cost more than I've spent on Christmas, so it's nowt to do with showing off. 

Commenting on my parenting skills when you're clearly talking out of your arse is out of line, even for you. You know fuck all.

The fact you don't see spending £266 on one child as excessive and immoral says more about you than me.

The fact no one is jumping in to defend you says it all.

39 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 12:50

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
She's still at it - Make it two months.

40 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 12:58

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
Excessive and immoral? You don't half talk shite sometimes. 

For arguments sake, you buy this games console for your child at Christmas. 
http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/xbox-one-s-fifa-17-special-edition-bundle-storm-grey-500gb-1621649

It costs more than the whole budget of Christmas in your opinion. So what do you do? Have your kid walk into the room on Christmas day and there is one solitary present? It just doesn't work like that and you know it. Come back and have this argument when you have kids. I guarantee you'll be telling a different story.

41 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 13:14

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You really are making yourself look a dick. So if I had a child I'd suddenly think spending ridiculous amounts on them would be good for them?

Buy a second hand Xbox One, there are loads on eBay.

The fact is you are bringing your kids up with the wrong attitude. No doubt they'll go to school and laugh at the poor suckers who only got a second hand Xbox One, or worse, no console at all.

42 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 13:54

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
58 is right, if and when you have kids, come back and criticise, till then i suggest you button it

43 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 14:04

BoltonTillIDie

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
As long as the kids appreciate what they get, that's what matters.  You want the best for your children, So if your children want something and you can afford it, then do it.  Doesn't mean they're spoilt.

44 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 14:10

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
BoltonTillIDie wrote:As long as the kids appreciate what they get, that's what matters.  You want the best for your children, So if your children want something and you can afford it, then do it.  Doesn't mean they're spoilt.

You'd class an Xbox One as "the best"? Fuck me, is that what parenting has come to, consoles are now good for your children?

45 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 15:04

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Nat, stop goading 58. He's right about affording as much as he can. Its what he wants to do, its what the kids like, he can afford it, so what's the problem ? If he gets to a a time when he is unable to, then it would be wrong for him to go OTT. The looks on their faces, and the excitement of getting just what they asked for, is worth every penny.
All parents have been through periods where they can't afford a lot for presents, and its painful when it happens. 

58, enjoy it mate, such times are what memories are made of, for you, and the family.

46 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 15:41

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Im with 58 on this.  I work my bollocks off.  I have 5 days away in a lodge in the uk in the summer holidays and i spoil my kids at xmas with money i have earned and saved.

Nothing wrong with it at all.

Its got f all to do with parenting skills or showing off.

http://Www.thefacefittester.co.uk

47 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 15:50

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You all seem to be missing the point.

I know you mean well, but by spoiling your kids you are just encouraging them to become spoilt brats. The fact they are asking for Xbox Ones and the like shows that's the sort of present they expect. It's not particularly special to them, they just expect mummy and daddy to provide that sort of thing.

48 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 16:10

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
If they got it on a random wednesday mid june with no reason other than little tarquin wanted it because he was bored of his ps4, wii u etc then yeah.  But this is different.  If my kids were bad kids and didnt behave and they were disrespectful little oiks then they wouldnt get shit.  But they arent.  They are good kids who do well at school, wrll mannered and they do well with the various activities they do.

49 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 16:14

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Not necessarily Nat. Have you not thought that the kids have always had this level of care and money spent on them, and they think its normal, and when they ask for it, its quite acceptable to both sides, (within reason.) ?
Kids know when they are asking for to much   Both my daughters went through a phase where they wanted to a copy of the Argos catalogue, so they could make a list. (all part of the fun, and no, they didn't get everything they asked for) Very Happy

50 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 17:56

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Well, we'll wait 10 years and see how these kids turn out.

I think I'll be right.

51 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 18:03

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
As long as he isnt pretending to be a woman on the internet making 30k+ posts i think i will have done a decent job

52 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 18:08

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2j 3.0 wrote:As long as he isnt pretending to be a woman on the internet making 30k+ posts i think i will have done a decent job

You bitch.

53 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 18:10

y2johnny

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2j 3.0 wrote:As long as he isnt pretending to be a woman on the internet making 30k+ posts i think i will have done a decent job

You bitch.
:like: Very Happy

54 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 18:11

Norpig

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
:rofl:

55 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 18:16

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Razz

56 Re: The Christmas Thread on Sun Oct 30 2016, 22:49

Fabians Right Peg

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Comical that Nat thinks spending money on kids will inevitably lead to a bad up bringing, I like 58 work damn hard and when not doing that spend my money and more importantly my time with my kids. We go on long haul holidays and they pretty much get what they ask for Christmas and birthdays. Whilst they get what some people would consider 'spoilt' they understand the value of money, and they get what they do because I and my wife graft hard to give them what we believe they deserve.

They work hard at school / University, don't hang around on street corners and I believe are thoroughly rounded individuals. The eldest is now at university studying Law and has a part time job and is saving money for a deposit on her first house.

In short you can spend a fiver or five grand on your kids at Christmas and it don't make you a bad parent, not taking the time with your kids to explain the value of what they have is, IMO where kids then become spoilt.

57 Re: The Christmas Thread on Mon Oct 31 2016, 10:13

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Copper Dragon wrote:I'd say that it's more disgusting to bump a thread up about Christmas in effing October.
:agree:

58 Re: The Christmas Thread on Mon Oct 31 2016, 10:26

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
As a parent you want to give your kids what you can but to make sure they respect it and don't become spoiled, ten years ago I was buying my kids xboxes and various other gadgets and the costs were pretty much on a par with what 58 is talking about.
We are now 10 years on from that my kids have both left school, ones on an apprenticeship and ones working and I couldn't be more proud of the young men they've grown into.
They are thoughtful and considerate and now get more pleasure from giving at Christmas, the joy on their faces when opening presents when they were younger is now shown when people open the presents they have spent time, thought and money on buying.
Unless you have been a parent and are up to speed on raising children and the demands of it your view isn't relevant, it's like me commenting on how much you spend on your size 12 Le Boutons.

59 Re: The Christmas Thread on Mon Oct 31 2016, 10:31

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nat you've brought the tone of Bolton nuts lower than Bonces nuts. I think you should apologise to 58 and anyone else that was offended

60 Re: The Christmas Thread on Mon Oct 31 2016, 10:37

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Boggersbelief wrote:Nat you've brought the tone of Bolton nuts lower than Bonces nuts. I think you should apologise to 58 and anyone else that was offended
I don't believe an apology is necessary it's just an expression of a point of view, it's wrong but people shouldn't be offended by it as everyone is entitled to their point of view no matter how misinformed and lacking in substance it is.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum