Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phoenix Nights - the return?

+12
Copper Dragon
scottjames30
karlypants
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
xmiles
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
bwfc71
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Phoenix Nights - the return? Thu Nov 27 2014, 23:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Really made me laugh this show.

Seems they are doing a couple of specials - hope they are as funny as the originals.

Peter Kay is bringing back his hit TV series Phoenix Nights as a live show in aid of Comic Relief.

The comedian has announced two dates at the Manchester Arena on 31 January and 1 February.

He revealed the news to Steve Wright on BBC Radio 2 and admitted he wasn't sure it would be possible.

"I rang all the cast and they overwhelmed me with their generosity. Everybody's doing it for free, everybody's involved," he said.

"We're all looking forward to doing it. It's been lovely getting together with everybody and working out ideas and what we're going to do."

Phoenix Nights Live will reunite the full original cast from the award-winning television series, with Kay back as both Brian Potter, the owner of the Phoenix Club, and doorman Max.

Take Me Out host Paddy McGuinness will return as the other doorman Paddy, while Dave Spikey will be back as the compere Jerry St Clair.

Kay said he came up with the idea in February this year and thought it would take a year to organise.

All the original cast are busy with their own careers and Kay admitted it was hard to organise.

"It's been so hard getting everybody together at the same time, it's really hard, but we've all set the time aside and we've been working on it since February, writing it and getting together.

'Little steps'

The second series of Phoenix Nights finished in 2002 and he admitted he is constantly being asked whether there would be any more episodes.

But Kay said he wasn't sure whether the live shows would lead to anything else.

"It's lovely to do it and I hope people support it because I think it'll be a belter. I don't know if anymore will come off the back of it we'll just have to see.

"I don't know about a series I don't think so, I've no plans to. There are lots of things written but I think it's a case of doing one thing at a time, little steps.

"I think the main reason for doing this for Comic Relief is because if it sells it could make an absolute fortune.

"You're always trying to think of new ways of doing things and I just thought nobody has done this before, nobody's got together the cast of a sitcom and done a show on stage and given all the money to Comic Relief, and I thought if we can all agree, the money it could raise would be fantastic."

Tickets go on sale Sunday 30 November at 11:00 GMT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30231288

2Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Thu Nov 27 2014, 23:46

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Arena phone number already programmed into the phone for 11am Sunday morning!

3Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Thu Nov 27 2014, 23:55

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I wanna go

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

4Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 00:10

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie finds out he can go Very Happy

Phoenix Nights - the return? 1215965627spencer

5Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 07:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who would pay real money to watch Paddy McGuinness?

6Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 08:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Who would pay real money to watch Paddy McGuinness?
 i saw him at Boltons Albert Halls on his first stand up tour and he was great and very funny, going to try and get tickets for this. Me and the wife still regularly put on the Phoenix Nights box DVD's

7Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 08:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And Peter Kay stopped being funny a long time ago.

Phoenix Nights was great at the time but I think most fans are going to be disappointed.

8Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 08:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

what it is with Bolton people always getting on the back of anyone from Bolton who manages to do something with their lives? Miserable buggers.

9Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 09:55

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:what it is with Bolton people always getting on the back of anyone from Bolton who manages to do something with their lives? Miserable buggers.
I took my Mrs to watch Peter Kay at the Arena when he did his very last one. Got to say I wasn't really arsed about going but he was highly amusing and it was a great night. 
Amir Khan is the biggest cnut from Bolton, how he manages to get his head up his own arse is a wonder in itself!?!

10Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 11:06

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Was it really 2002?? 12 years ago? Bloody hell I thought it was about 5 years ago

11Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 11:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Me and the wife still regularly put on the Phoenix Nights box DVD's

Wow, Mrs Norpig is a lucky lady.

12Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 13:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

she sure is Nat! Laughing

13Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 19:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phoenix Nights - the return? 9k=

14Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 19:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking forwards to this, a must watch.

15Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 20:18

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Preston Posse v The Keighley Confederates

It's gonna kick off.

16Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 20:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:Preston Posse v The Keighley Confederates

It's gonna kick off.
Very Happy  It won't!!!!

17Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 20:23

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"We're Bolton, we're barmy,we're on the piss tonight"

"How far away are they?"

18Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 21:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hmmm as much as i'd like to see the Phoenix nights return, i'm not sure this will work on stage to be honest.

19Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Fri Nov 28 2014, 22:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just do another series you fat turd.

20Phoenix Nights - the return? Empty Re: Phoenix Nights - the return? Sun Nov 30 2014, 16:49

Got through to buy tickets on the internet, then the price came up.

Was anyone stupid enough to spend £60 a ticket for this?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum