Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have a Merry Christmas....or else!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Empty Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Tue Dec 02 2014, 15:52

I can't believe I once viewed this idiot as some kind of saviour.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-magazine-monitor-30289820

I've recently finished reading Paddy Ashdown's autobiography (an excellent read) and in it he describes Blair's two major character failings as:

(1) An innate belief that he could charm his adversaries into adopting his point of view purely by using his smile and earnest demeanor.

and

(2) A fundamentally flawed lack of character judgement brought on by an almost childlike fascination with prestige and personal wealth.

That explains a lot........

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought you were going to wish me a Happy Crimbo then until I saw your post. Very Happy

I have never liked Tony Blair.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never cared for Paddy Pantsdown either.
Always looks like he can smell something nobody else can,and is wondering who's responsible.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Never cared for Paddy Pantsdown either.
Always looks like he can smell something nobody else can,and is wondering who's responsible.

be careful he's a trained killer you know!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnC_zLb1VOKTZhB1v-vU0C-PiEE0ZZTXfPKs9arfkWz8iTh9Hr

boltonbonce wrote:Never cared for Paddy Pantsdown either.

He's just a bit nerdy and stiff - it comes across in the book.

But he also comes across as a decent enough bloke who always had a strong sense of right and wrong (even when he got caught banging his secretary) and I've quite warmed to him after reading it.

He had a fantastic job with the F.O. (and was actually a cold war spy for a time) but he gave it all up to stand as a Liberal MP and lived on the bread line for a long time, working a series of poorly paid jobs, just so he could focus on becoming an MP.

He has nothing but contempt for modern politicians who've never had a real job outside Westminster and I may be being incredibly naive here, but I believe him when he writes that the whole reason he got into politics was to try and develop the "third way" as a credible alternative to the other two.

He did a deal with Blair before the 97 election which would have seen the Liberals working alongside (but in opposition to) the Labour government, with a clear view of reforming the centre left of British politics and revoking a lot of the measures brought in by Thatcher but in the end, it turned out that Labour got in with such a massive majority that Blair thought "I don't need him" and reneged.

And then proceeded to move the elected Labour party further to the right of the spectrum, giving us New Labour / Tory Lite.

Shame.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I've always thought his title of 'Welsh Windbag' was well earned. As an aside, I feel he is no different to the current greedy self-centred politicians, when you consider he not only found a nice high paying job for himself in Europe, but managed to do the same for his wife. They are no better than the Blair's.
Tony Blair, well, I'm not even going to comment on that duplicitous, selfish, twat.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought John Smith would have made a decent Prime Minister. Blair wouldn't have got the top job were it not for the death of John Smith.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

This is true RT, a gentleman, and honest with it was John Smith. Blair really really came to the fore with his handling of the Princess Diana situation, when he was excellent.. After that he showed his true colours, and it all went to rat shit.

10Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Empty Re: Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Tue Dec 02 2014, 16:50

gloswhite wrote:I've always thought his title of 'Welsh Windbag' was well earned. As an aside, I feel he is no different to the current greedy self-centred politicians, when you consider he not only found a nice high paying job for himself in Europe, but managed to do the same for his wife. They are no better than the Blair's.
Tony Blair, well, I'm not even going to comment on that duplicitous, selfish, twat.

Who mentioned Kinnock?

Very Happy

11Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Empty Re: Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Tue Dec 02 2014, 16:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This still makes me cringe.

12Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Empty Re: Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Tue Dec 02 2014, 16:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Oh yeah !.
Not to worry, they'll be putting me back in my room soon, next to Magoo's Very Happy

13Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Empty Re: Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Tue Dec 02 2014, 16:56

I'm not even pressing "play" on that.......

What a thoroughly depressing week that one became.....

14Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Empty Re: Have a Merry Christmas....or else! Tue Dec 02 2014, 16:56

gloswhite wrote:Oh yeah !.
Not to worry, they'll be putting me back in my room soon, next to Magoo's Very Happy

Take more water with it, mate....

:rofl:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum