Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

15 Game Review for NL

+2
Norpig
observer
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

115 Game Review for NL Empty 15 Game Review for NL Sat Jan 17 2015, 22:44

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

DF Scorecard
10 Games for 5 points - bottom of table

NL Scorecard
15 Games for 28 points - midtable

PG's target for promotion was 2 points per game in the Championship

NL's average (with almost the same DF team and losing Mason, Clough, Mark Davies, Clayton, CYL, etc) is 1.87 per game

Doubtful we will make the playoffs... but the big question is whether we can bring in some firepower this month without breaking the financial play rules or picking Eddie's pockets.

DF has no luck... and an off-side call really showed me how luck is such an important part of the game... as well as a positive attitude and a manager who shows his enthusiasm on the sideline.  Kudos to NL in my mind and hopefully PG and ED will pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat this month.

215 Game Review for NL Empty Re: 15 Game Review for NL Sun Jan 18 2015, 11:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he has done an outstanding job, look at where we were when he came. He has had to use the same players as Freedman and they look a hundred times better, the prime example being Pratley. Also he's given the young lads a try, something Dougie talked about a lot but never did. For example Vela was probably never going to play for us again but has now turned into one of our most consistent players.

The whole attitude is also so much more positive and we look like a team trying to win games than just not lose one. I can't see us challenging for the top six but i would take a mid table finish and then look to next season to really push on. That all depends on whether he gets any money to spend of course.

315 Game Review for NL Empty Re: 15 Game Review for NL Sun Jan 18 2015, 12:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Done much better than I thought he would honestly.

at the very least he's had the team giving 100% every week irrespective of results.

415 Game Review for NL Empty Re: 15 Game Review for NL Sun Jan 18 2015, 14:20

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We are organised and have belief, that alone should see us finish in the top half, we lack creativity in midfield and are short up front if those issues can be addressed then top six is still doable.

515 Game Review for NL Empty Re: 15 Game Review for NL Mon Jan 19 2015, 08:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon has got the players playing to their potential i.e. as a mid table Championship team - capable of surviving in this league.
Obviously we don't have the talent to compete for promotion but providing our injury list doesn't deepen further we should survive comfortably.
If Lennon can get them playing to the top of their form consistently as Warburton has done at Brentford Lennon could surpass survival expectations but he's started late and has already had a couple of blips, most worryingly when the lads appeared to be over-confident the other week.
Brentford is a team our lot should be aspiring to emulate - not Barcelona.

615 Game Review for NL Empty Re: 15 Game Review for NL Tue Jan 20 2015, 13:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We need two or three quality players in the summer. Get them and I fully expect to see us in the promotion picture next season. This season is all about giving the players their confidence back and stabilising the club both on and off the field. Neil is doing a great job of the on-field part of it but I'd like to know what is going on with the BEC-Toro business we read about before Christmas. Are we still in talks with them about a takeover?

715 Game Review for NL Empty Re: 15 Game Review for NL Tue Jan 20 2015, 15:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To buy a quality player willing to play in the Championship who would hold his own in the Prem if we are planning for the longer term would cost say £3 million - and even then it would be a gamble. Buying "two or three" quality players seems like a pipe dream ATM although a takeover might change the dynamic.
Lennon still has a long way to go in terms of improving performances IMO so that should be the priority rather than throwing money at the problem. We had one point from 6 before the Owls game so he needs to buck up his ideas and prove to the owners that the team is worth investing in.
Newly promoted Brentford are currently 5th or thereabouts. They don't have any "stars" that spring to mind and yet they are doing a lot better than us. Their success is based on Warburton demanding more effort and organisation - and getting it.
Not many Bolton fans rate Brentford, but the table doesn't lie. They are better than us.
Lennon should learn from Brentford and focus on the job in hand instead of whingeing about the players who don't want to play for us/him. If he keeps us up and does well he might get some money in the summer - but enough for 3 quality players? £10 million-ish? Can't see it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum