Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Davies nervous for Sunday...

+6
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
Mallorca Trotter
largehat
doffcocker
Bolton Nuts
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Davies nervous for Sunday... Fri May 11 2012, 23:01

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Super Kev wants to score goal to keep Bolton up!

"And if it was to be my final game, it wouldn’t be a bad way to go out, doing something special to keep us up."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A great article from the mail with a good insight on what goes through a players mind before such a massive game. Looks like Davies is as much a fan of BWFC as we all are. Let's hope the boys can come out heroes n the day!

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Fri May 11 2012, 23:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He shouldn't be starting.

3Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Fri May 11 2012, 23:23

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Change the record, doffcocker. Davies is a man you can count on for a scrap. You'd throw a kid like Vela in to a match of that magnitude, you can't be serious.

4Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Fri May 11 2012, 23:23

Bolton Nuts

Admin

How about coming on as a sub to score the winner?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

5Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Fri May 11 2012, 23:25

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

The Stoke defence chewed him up at Wembley..

But as said..., he's gonna give 200%!

6Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Fri May 11 2012, 23:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:Davies is a man you can count on for a scrap.

But he's not, though!

7Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Fri May 11 2012, 23:31

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

largehat wrote:Change the record, doffcocker. Davies is a man you can count on for a scrap. You'd throw a kid like Vela in to a match of that magnitude, you can't be serious.

I don't doubt that SKD will give it everything he's got but is that enough? He really doesn't have the stamina to last 90 minutes and he's lost what little pace he ever had.

I expect Coyle will start him and most likely keep him on. I will be surprised - but very happy - if it works though.

8Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Fri May 11 2012, 23:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Maybe SKD's best will be enough and maybe it won't.

But what is it fans always complain about?
What is it fans always demand from their team?

Fight, passion, determination, 100% commitment.

It is usually a bit of a cliche when people go on about this stuff, but on Sunday it's real and it could be the difference.

Kev was brilliant in our last two away games. We have to pick him.

9Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Sat May 12 2012, 00:00

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Mallorca Trotter wrote:The Stoke defence chewed him up at Wembley..

But as said..., he's gonna give 200%!

The defence they have now didn't at the reebok though when we won 5-0.

SKD has to and will start, you need players him and NRC who will give their all for the cause in games like this and as much I have called Davies this season at times he is the kind of guy you want in your team.

A big call I know but lets say we are 2-0 with 10minutes left I can see him being taken off for Klasnic.

Sounds like this could be his last game in a white shirt too.

10Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Sat May 12 2012, 00:23

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think he will start, more for his experience and his strength, and he can score goals.

Being honest don't think our alternatives are any better.

11Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Sat May 12 2012, 00:46

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Kev will start, and he should.

12Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Sat May 12 2012, 09:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Although I have criticised SKD's performances this season I agree that he should start, and I also think he deserves to start. I also agree that Coyle will pair him with Ngog. We will never know what an SKD/Sordell partnership looked like.

13Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Sat May 12 2012, 11:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kev is definitely going to give his all, he's a proud man and he won't want to go out, possibly forever, with a whimper.

nonsense to suggest otherwise.

that doesn't mean he will perform like Roberto Baggio, it will mean he plays as good as he can.

14Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Sat May 12 2012, 17:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Our record in games that Davies hasn't started is staggeringly better than ones where he has, and these records are consistent with the games he's started lately where some of us think he's found some form.

Record with Davies:

P 20
W 3
D 2
L 15
Points = 11
Points per game = 0.55

Record without Davies:

P 17
W 7
D 2
L 8
Points = 23
Points per game = 1.35

For a number of reasons this isn't a fair representation of Davies' contribution, but it's enough to make anyone wonder why we think starting him in the biggest game for a decade is a must.

15Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Sat May 12 2012, 22:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Play him at Centre Back!

16Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Sun May 13 2012, 12:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SUPER KEV TO BE THE HERO TODAY!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17Davies nervous for Sunday... Empty Re: Davies nervous for Sunday... Sun May 13 2012, 13:17

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:SUPER KEV TO BE THE HERO TODAY!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It will be worth the blushes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum