You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Johnny's Movie Comp

Johnny's Movie Comp

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 32]

151Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 14:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@y2johnny wrote:Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 9k=
Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Pax%2014

152Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 15:01

@y2johnny wrote:The one film thing was a little too easy, so i decided to mix in 3.  TBH imagine that all as one film............i'd watch it!

The Longest Mile Redemption sounds good.

153Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 15:04

Barb Dwyer wrote:
@y2johnny wrote:The one film thing was a little too easy, so i decided to mix in 3.  TBH imagine that all as one film............i'd watch it!

The Longest Mile Redemption sounds good.
And now we have a title, we just need a budget and some actors now

The budget is for KFC

154Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 19:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Here's one I've done.

Just for fun - no points for getting it right or anything.

I was a big disapointment to my dad as I was a bit of a pisshead.  Anyway I grew up a bit sharpish when the country went to war and due to my family connections I was made an officer.

We sailed from Southamptom in high spirits.  We would be the smaller army fighting away from home but we made up for that in our state of the art new technology we had that we knew would devastate the enemy.

Things went well at first, we secured a bridgehead, the Navy retreated to safety and we attacked a key fortified position.

Resistence was tougher than we expected though and it did not fall straight away.  The men were getting the worst of the exchanges and starting to lose heart.  

There were calls to stay the attack and wait for reinforcements but I knew that the key to our chances of winning was speed, so I gave a pep talk which seemed to gee them up for the fight and we attacked again - this time taking the position.

Although we had over come this obstacle, the delay on taking it meant that our rear had been compromised and the Navy could no longer pick us up from our landing base.  It also meant the enemy had time to muster reserves and our chances of overall victory now looked very slim indeed.

Our only hope was to meet the Navy further on up the coast and avoid at all costs the much larger enemy forces now assembled between us and them.

Sods law however was that we were soon seen, they had an army as best as we could tell of 36,000, which out numbered us 6 to 1.  We were really in the shit now.

We set up the best we could in defensive positions and deployed our new tactical weaponary.  It had not been tested in battle before and boy how we needed it to work perfectly for us otherwise things looked pretty bleak.

We did have one thing in our favour though, we had selected out defensive positions well, which meant the enemy could not out flank us because of the terrain.  The enemy attack had to come at us face on - and we were reasy for the bastards.

They did not hang about - over confident no doubt - I think I might with the amount of men they had too - they attacked.

We waited and waited until they were in range of our new weapon and let them have it.

Fcuk me, down they went - big time!

They were out of range with their weaponary - and their Commanding Officer ordered them to continue their attack - banking no doubt on overwhelmong us on sheer weights of numbers.

Big mistake for them.

We kept on firing barage after barage into them until it broke their spirit and they surrendered in masses when we went on the offensive.

I won't bore you with the events after this except to say they led to me getting wed - a marriage of convenience that helped to put an end to the war.

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon May 11 2015, 19:23; edited 1 time in total

155Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 19:22

Is it Churchill: The Hollywood Years Very Happy

156Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 19:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
No.

It's a good story though don't you think!

157Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 20:02

Like father like son

158Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 20:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Nope.

Based on a true story if that helps at all.

159Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 20:10

Master and Commander?

160Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 20:13

War horse

161Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 20:14

Titanic 2.

162Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 20:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Nope.

The film was nominated for both the Best Film and best actor at the Oscars - didn't win them though.

163Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 20:17

Henry The Fifth.

164Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 20:20

Tangerines

ETA what a shit 4000th post

165Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 20:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
We have a winner!

Band of Brothers speach -

166Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Mon May 11 2015, 20:27

I knew that English Lit O Level would finally come in useful for something, one day.

And it only took 29 years....... Very Happy

167Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 09:37

so working as an undercover cop was hard enough, but working as one that had to infiltrate a gang  was even harder.

this one job i was on was difficult.  i was getting to close, not just to my target but also his sister.  i kept deluding myself that it wasn't them pulling off the robberies but in the end i knew it was.  but did i do what every good cop should do and bring them in.   no.  i gave him the keys to my car and let him go.  and then i had to go on the run myself.

i then started to play tenpin bowling, and whilst i was a little naive i was very good.  so i entered a tournament to help me on my way.  i won the tournament and one of the guys wasn't happy about it.  he pretended to be my friend but took me to a bar to bowl and we ended ripping off the wrong guys and they punished me by taking my hand off.  i then started to mentor this other guy, bit of a religious nut and he was doing well but got injured just before the big game.  so i had to step up and bowl with an artificial hand.................i lost..................just.

the police caught up with me eventually and instead of sending me to prison they sent me to an island with a bunch of nutjobs.  the leader guy told me that whoever was the last one to survive would get there freedom and it was all be broadcast on the internet around the world.  needless to say i was the last one Smile

*note from quizmaster - 3 movies*

168Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 09:58

Kingpin is the 2nd one.

169Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:02

The Hunger Games is 3rd?

170Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:02

Barb Dwyer wrote:Kingpin is the 2nd one.

Thats ten points to you BD and stops anyone getting a bonus ten.  Smile  (just thought i better make that clear for Bonce)

171Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:03

Barb Dwyer wrote:The Hunger Games is 3rd?

nope, but it is very similar, not as arty and a bit more cheese Smile

172Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:09

The Condemned. Smile

173Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:10

Barb Dwyer wrote:The Condemned. Smile
thats it BD  one more to get Smile

174Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:17

It's The Fast and the Furious. Read it as bank robberies 1st time round so couldn't get it.

175Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:17

Am i the only one on here today?

176Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:18

I think you are and YOU GOT ALL THREE  Smile

177Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:22

as it stands we have a new leader

Barb - 30
58 - 20
Sluffy - 20
Bonce - 20
Boggers - 20
Magoo - 20
norpig - 10
Breaders - 10
Btid - 10

178Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:33

Yeah! Go Me. I'll have to leave you now Johnny to talk to yourself.

179Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 10:36

i'm used to that BD so don't worry.  Smile

180Johnny's Movie Comp - Page 6 Empty Re: Johnny's Movie Comp on Tue May 12 2015, 12:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You started while I was at work!  It's a conspiracy. Shocked

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum