Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things that irritate the shit out of you

+38
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Norpig
karlypants
wessy
Danno
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Bolton Rebirth
Kane57
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
Sluffy
Lard Lad
Bread2.0
whatsgoingon
okocha
Lever ender
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Numpty 28723
finlaymcdanger
Bwfc1958
Bolton Nuts
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Keegan
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
Emma Jansen 1
BoltonTillIDie
Michael Bolton
Bollotom2014
Chairmanda
doffcocker
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 50]

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Put the fecking thing down and get a life!  Very Happy

karlypants: 19516 posts
Good point, well made.  Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know how KP keeps it up. Wink

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:I don't know how KP keeps it up. Wink
I think those naked Brucie pics you keep sending him helps.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Poynton's ridiculous "Equal Rights For All!" traffic management policy.

It's ludicrous.

In a nutshell, some bright spark at Poynton Council decided to introduce a revolutionary new approach to road safety, namely, do away with road markings, give ways, traffic lights, etc and give everybody (pedestrians included) equal rights when it comes to junctions, crossings, roundabouts and the roads in general.

And the best bit is, it's not sign-posted anywhere.

So if, like me, you're not a local and you unwittingly stumble across it for the first time, your introduction to it may well involve coming across some little old man walking out in front of your car without warning.

I could tell he'd seen me because it was a long, straight stretch of road and he was looking directly at me when he did it.

Fortunately, I was only doing about 25, so when I slammed on, I still had time to stop.

When I wound my window down to remonstrate with him and offer him a lift back to whichever residential care facility he'd obviously just escaped from, he just waved his stick at me and shouted: "Equal rights for pedestrians!"

Which I initially took as confirmation that he was, indeed, a nutter but it set me thinking, so I googled it.

And it turns out it's true.

It's fucking crazy and I can't believe there aren't any signs warning "foreigners" about it as you drive into the town centre.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll have you next time,you bastard.Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 21 Angry-old-man-smiley-emoticon

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How the hell that ever works at a big junction then god knows! Shocked

Martin Cassini seems to be the culprit.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:When I wound my window down to remonstrate with him and offer him a lift back to whichever residential care facility he'd obviously just escaped from, he just waved his stick at me and shouted: "Equal rights for pedestrians!"
Ok then but let's have equal road tax for pedestrians and cyclists, if they want equal rights on the road pay for the privilege like motorists do.
Used to cover Poynton in a previous job and they're a bunch of smug, self serving pretentious twats.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

whatsgoingon wrote:

Used to cover Poynton in a previous job and they're a bunch of smug, self serving pretentious twats.

I used to get that when I delivered pizzas too.

But I was getting sneered at in Breightmet and Darcy Lever, not Poynton and Prestbury.

And Boncey.......

Next time, mate....next time.....

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

There is a similar set up in Gloucester, but its signposted, and only runs for a short distance, but includes a couple of minor junctions. It does make you a bit more aware, but only because you are confused as to what the changes are, and what you can expect. As a result you drive through, looking all around, and not necessarily at whats going on in front of you. having said that, its supposed to be better than it was, and the traffic flows better, (allegedly)

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tall idiots who decide to stand in front of you at gigs even though you've been stood there for ages.

Down in front you lanky streak of piss  Mad

I think they should introduce a scheme so that all shortarses (like me) get to go to the front and then it moves back in the same way to the lanky twats stuck at the back

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Tall idiots who decide to stand in front of you at gigs even though you've been stood there for ages.

I think they should introduce a scheme so that all shortarses (like me) get to go to the front and then it moves back in the same way to the lanky twats stuck at the back

Why should i have to have a shite view from the back of I pay good money to be at the front?

Bring a box and shut the fuck up

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Stop trying to pretend you're normal sized.

We all know you're 5' 2".

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Stop trying to pretend you're normal sized.

We all know you're 5' 2".

I'm 6'1

I don't know where you get your info from

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This always works Mr Pig.
Things that irritate the shit out of you - Page 21 Bdc880e607b0638f31f3aa15ee8fbc7e

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:Tall idiots who decide to stand in front of you at gigs even though you've been stood there for ages.

Why should i have to have a shite view from the back of I pay good money to be at the front?

Bring a box and shut the fuck up
like you ever go to a gig, i've been to more gigs than your Mums had new special uncles for you

:rofl:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair, Boggers and Scott went to the Steps reunion gig.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Poynton's ridiculous "Equal Rights For All!" traffic management policy.

It's ludicrous.

In a nutshell, some bright spark at Poynton Council decided to introduce a revolutionary new approach to road safety, namely, do away with road markings, give ways, traffic lights, etc and give everybody (pedestrians included) equal rights when it comes to junctions, crossings, roundabouts and the roads in general.

And the best bit is, it's not sign-posted anywhere.

So if, like me, you're not a local and you unwittingly stumble across it for the first time, your introduction to it may well involve coming across some little old man walking out in front of your car without warning.

I could tell he'd seen me because it was a long, straight stretch of road and he was looking directly at me when he did it.

Fortunately, I was only doing about 25, so when I slammed on, I still had time to stop.

When I wound my window down to remonstrate with him and offer him a lift back to whichever residential care facility he'd obviously just escaped from, he just waved his stick at me and shouted: "Equal rights for pedestrians!"

Which I initially took as confirmation that he was, indeed, a nutter but it set me thinking, so I googled it.

And it turns out it's true.

It's fucking crazy and I can't believe there aren't any signs warning "foreigners" about it as you drive into the town centre.

Doha 1978 and after years of "free for all" driving where the biggest cars and biggest egos forced their way through at junctions and the 6000 members of the Qatari royal family exercised their right to ignore the token Somali traffic police, some bright spark decided it would be a good idea to put the country's first traffic lights in the main junction of the Souk.

Six months later, after half a dozen or so young princes had died through exercising their right of way and ignoring the red lights, a solution was found. They removed the lights.

I believe they now have traffic lights and have educated the public to use them although I haven't been back there since 1980.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Armchair fans that post as if they know something about BWFC.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fictitious characters that lie about going to matches in order to con gullible fools on the internet into giving them kudos despite chatting unfeasibly large volumes of shite and demonstrating a complete lack of knowledge about the game, players, tactics, football and life in general. 

Although to be honest they're more of a laughing stock than an irritant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 35 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum