Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Film and TV review.

Film and TV review.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 37]

1021Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Aug 28 2020, 08:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Anyone been watching Manctopia on BBC2? Very interesting series on all the redevelopment in the City Centre and the knock on effects for the place i call home now.

House prices even were i live in Burnage have been steadily rising and Levenshulme, which i'm right on the border of, is now a hipsters paradise and being seen as a great place to live. Not sure too many would have said that 13 years ago when i moved here!

1022Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Sep 10 2020, 15:06

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I have just been saddened by the news that Diana Rigg has died Sad

1023Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Sep 10 2020, 15:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@sunlight wrote:I have just been saddened by the news that Diana Rigg has died Sad
Yes, I used to have a huge crush on her. Very sad news.

1024Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Sep 10 2020, 15:39

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I once stood next to her at the bar of The Black Swan (Dirty Duck) at Stratford on Avon, having watched her on the stage of the RSC just previously that evening. As attractive in the flesh as on stage or screen. Didn't have the nerve to chat to her.....

1025Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Sep 10 2020, 15:52

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Norpig wrote:Anyone been watching Manctopia on BBC2? Very interesting series on all the redevelopment in the City Centre and the knock on effects for the place i call home now.

House prices even were i live in Burnage have been steadily rising and Levenshulme, which i'm right on the border of, is now a hipsters paradise and being seen as a great place to live. Not sure too many would have said that 13 years ago when i moved here!
Yes, I've watched all four programmes, really interesting.

Although  it's fascinating to see these skyscraper blocks of flats being built, I can't imagine being very happy if I lived in one.  I  could relate more to the residents who were settled in the areas that would probably be cleared in a few years time.

It was terrible to see how the council was not keeping the old areas clean and tidy.

1026Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Sep 10 2020, 16:12

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@okocha wrote:I once stood next to her at the bar of The Black Swan (Dirty Duck) at Stratford on Avon, having watched her on the stage of the RSC just previously that evening. As attractive in the flesh as on stage or screen. Didn't have the nerve to chat to her.....
Great story. I am jealous of that.

1027Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Sep 10 2020, 16:13

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
Yes, I used to have a huge crush on her. Very sad news.
I fancy her in her days of the Avengers. She was very beautiful. She is a great personality too.

1028Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Sep 10 2020, 16:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Her daughter is so like her. And very good in Tipping The Velvet.
Film and TV review. - Page 35 Rachel_Stirling

1029Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Sep 15 2020, 13:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Watching Cobra Kai on Netflix and really enjoying it! Yes it's a bit cheesy but it's good cheese  Very Happy

1030Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Sep 15 2020, 13:39

Natasha Whittam


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I expected you to say you'd just watched Karate Kid, you're always behind.

1031Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Sep 15 2020, 13:43

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:Her daughter is so like her. And very good in Tipping The Velvet.

Film and TV review. - Page 35 Rachel_Stirling

She does look like her. I always liked Diana Rigg.

1032Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Sep 15 2020, 14:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:I expected you to say you'd just watched Karate Kid, you're always behind.
 i still am, just watched Mindhunter before that and that's been out a few years Very Happy

1033Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Sep 15 2020, 16:08

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
DES started last night.

Chilling performance from David Tennant.

1034Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Sep 27 2020, 22:13

Natasha Whittam


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Watched 'The Gentlemen' last night. Laugh out loud brilliant. Best film for ages.

Hugh Grant, Charlie Hunnam, Matthew McConaughey & Colin Farrell all magnificent.

1035Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Sep 27 2020, 22:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Enjoyed Des. Started first couple of episodes of Alex and it's very encouraging so far (violence, drugs, betrayal, subterfuge - that kind of thing)

1036Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Sep 27 2020, 22:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Watched 'The Gentlemen' last night. Laugh out loud brilliant. Best film for ages.

Hugh Grant, Charlie Hunnam, Matthew McConaughey & Colin Farrell all magnificent.
I'll tell the missus.

1037Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Sep 28 2020, 16:16

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
THE best progamme for the Covid age?

Mortimer & Whitehouse - Gone Fishing.

Just brilliant on so many levels.

1038Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Sep 28 2020, 16:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:THE best progamme for the Covid age?

Mortimer & Whitehouse - Gone Fishing.

Just brilliant on so many levels.
Didn't expect to enjoy it if truth be told, but was delightfully surprised. Life affirming.

1039Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Sep 28 2020, 16:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:THE best progamme for the Covid age?

Mortimer & Whitehouse - Gone Fishing.

Just brilliant on so many levels.
Great programme! I don't like fishing at all but this is fantastic. Bob Mortimer is just naturally funny

1040Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Sep 28 2020, 16:26

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Glad you both enjoyed it.

The scenery is so beautiful and the banter so gentle and amusing. Just what we need at the moment.

1041Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Sep 28 2020, 16:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:Glad you both enjoyed it.

The scenery is so beautiful and the banter so gentle and amusing. Just what we need at the moment.
Agree about some of the scenery. We sometimes forget what a stunningly beautiful land we have the privilege to call home.

1042Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:
Agree about some of the scenery. We sometimes forget what a stunningly beautiful land we have the privilege to call home.
You need to get out more Bonce. Most of it is actually outside the house.

1043Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
You need to get out more Bonce. Most of it is actually outside the house.
Our lawn is in the living room. It's a new American fad. Cool

1044Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:32

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Only Connect and then University Challenge on telly ce soir. Bliss. The best telly evening is Monday.

1045Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd watch old episodes of Call My Bluff if they showed them.

1046Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Sep 28 2020, 22:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@sunlight wrote:Only Connect and then University Challenge on telly ce soir. Bliss. The best telly evening is Monday.
I've recorded them both. 
I'll be going in shortly to try to get more points than the losing team on UC - 34% historically on average - a score decimated by intoxication,age and life.

1047Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Sep 29 2020, 09:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wanderlust wrote:
I've recorded them both. 
I'll be going in shortly to try to get more points than the losing team on UC - 34% historically on average - a score decimated by intoxication,age and life.
I've never watched an episode of UC. Never watched a James Bond film either.

1048Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Sep 29 2020, 09:33

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
I've never watched an episode of UC. Never watched a James Bond film either.
Can only answer a small number of qus on UC so it demotivates me to watch especially when some smart-arse is buzzing in depressingly swiftly, often and correctly!

You're not missing much with James Bond except for the excellent Skyfall directed by the wondrous Sam Mendes. Out-and-out action films don't do it for me. I prefer something meaningful and thought-provoking. Mad Smile

1049Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Sep 29 2020, 09:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:
Can only answer a small number of qus on UC so it demotivates me to watch especially when some smart-arse is buzzing in depressingly swiftly, often and correctly!

You're not missing much with James Bond except for the excellent Skyfall directed by the wondrous Sam Mendes. Out-and-out action films don't do it for me. I prefer something meaningful and thought-provoking. Mad Smile
I'm still watching Bill And Ben, Noggin The Nog, and Captain Pugwash.

You'll be unsurprised to learn. Very Happy

I went off The Woodentops, with all that bare chested nonsense. And why was Sam always hanging about the house? Not to mention Spotty Dog.

1050Film and TV review. - Page 35 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Sep 29 2020, 09:53

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@wanderlust wrote:
I've recorded them both. 
I'll be going in shortly to try to get more points than the losing team on UC - 34% historically on average - a score decimated by intoxication,age and life.

Warwick got off to a very slow start and ended up winning with 255 points. Oxford only had about 105 points at the end. A great performance.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 37]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum