Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

271Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:08 pm

How do you manage on here then?

272Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:11 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Breadman wrote:How do you manage on here then?

Laughing

273Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I'm not cultured enough for foreign subtitled stuff. The shite posted up on here is much more my level of intellect.

274Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:19 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Those Scandi films are all the same. Miserable buggers in big jumpers.

A big dollop of Arthur Askey would soon sort them out.

I thang yow.

275Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:31 pm

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:Recently watched Norwegian film Headhunters (Netflix). No panda but a damn good movie.

That's the only Jo Nesbo book I couldn't finish.

It felt like it had been written by somebody else.

I might give the film a go instead.

:like:

Any of his you'd recommend, Bread? I'll be due a new book to read after this weekend when I finally... FINALLY finish up with Cormack McCarthy's Sutree. Finally cracked it after my 3rd attempt at reading it. Bloody hard work.

276Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:47 pm

I'm like that with In Cold Blood by Capote - started it at least three times.

Anyway, as for Nesbo, just start at the beginning of the Harry Hole series with The Bat and work your way through.

https://www.waterstones.com/booklist/260371/waterstones-booksellers-jo-nes

Enjoy.

277Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:50 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The brilliant Man Down started again this week, one of my favourites and Greg Davies is great

278Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:01 pm

Norpig wrote:The brilliant Man Down started again this week, one of my favourites and Greg Davies is great
Not seen the new series yet, but Rik Mayall was brilliant as his dad. Won't be the same without him.

279Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:42 pm

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

New Bourne film out in the cinema this Wednesday. Don't do the cinema often but going to make a point of going for this as I love the others even the Jeremy Renner parallel one

280Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:45 pm

I thought the renner one was one of the best. Great series of films though. Ifnypu like these and dont mind something a little outside the box, try american ultra.

281Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:26 pm

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ok I'll check it out, is it on amazon prime do you know. Have you seen green zone with Matt Damon.
That was a top film too

282Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:56 am

Not sure if it is on Prime.  It is on Sky at the minute, was the premiere a couple of weeks ago

283Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:12 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Has anybody seen The Knick?

It's a right dark, dirty, racist, disturbing....fly on the wall type drama about a hospital in New York in 1900.

I've watched the first two series now and it really is stunning. Highly recommended.

284Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:24 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Has anybody seen The Knick?

It's a right dark, dirty, racist, disturbing....fly on the wall type drama about a hospital in New York in 1900.

I've watched the first two series now and it really is stunning. Highly recommended.
Any laughs in it?

285Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:31 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The new Danny McBride show Vice Principals has just started on Sky Atlantic, if you loved East Bound and Down you'll love this as well

286Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:33 am

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Watched the first 3 episodes of Mr Robot last night and I'm not sure what to make of it. It obviously has potential and the reviews are good but it's just so damn slow. Not sure whether to persevere with it now. 

Has anyone else watched it past the early stages and is it worth sticking with?

287Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:51 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Watched the first 3 episodes of Mr Robot last night and I'm not sure what to make of it. It obviously has potential and the reviews are good but it's just so damn slow. Not sure whether to persevere with it now. 

Has anyone else watched it past the early stages and is it worth sticking with?

I am at the same point as you.

Loved the first episode, the next two were painfully thin on plot and action.

And why does the lead actor have to mumble?

288Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i've got the first series on series link but haven't watched any episodes yet, everyone has been raving about it so i'll give it a go when i get a chance

289Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:32 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Same for me Norpig but I will definitely give it a chance simply because it is so highly rated. Not that that guarantees I will like it. I hated Mad Men and couldn't really get in to West Wing.

290Film and TV review. - Page 15 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never watched Mad Men either, is it any good anyone?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum