You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Film and TV review.

Film and TV review.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 28]

391Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Jan 02 2017, 12:21

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I knew it wasn't just me.

Cheers.

If those memory stick thingies were so important, would you really send your team of crack troops into action (where they may well get caught) with them on a piece of string round their necks?

No, would you balls.....

392Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 04 2017, 15:39

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Just watched second episode of Quarry. It looks promising.

Funniest thing I saw over the holidays was Peter Pan Goes Wrong.

393Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 04 2017, 16:17

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Agree on Sherlock. I didn't even get through it without falling asleep. I'll stick to Come Dine With Me from now on.

394Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 04 2017, 16:31

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Just read the reviews in The Graun and it appears we're not alone.

I think "universally panned" would be a bit strong but there's plenty of malcontent amongst the comments.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/02/sherlock-recap-series-four-episode-one-the-six-thatchers

395Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:36

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Bread2.0 wrote:Just read the reviews in The Graun and it appears we're not alone.

I think "universally panned" would be a bit strong but there's plenty of malcontent amongst the comments.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/02/sherlock-recap-series-four-episode-one-the-six-thatchers

It irritated me right from the gingernuts scene.

396Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:40

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Megson flashback?

397Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Bread2.0 wrote:Megson flashback?

Oh no. Did I mention that I'm trying not to drink?

398Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:45

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Print this off and when you're feeling the urge, get it out of your pocket and think back to calmer times, mate:

Film and TV review. - Page 14 3786687

399Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 04 2017, 20:55

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Bread2.0 wrote:Print this off and when you're feeling the urge, get it out of your pocket and think back to calmer times, mate:

Film and TV review. - Page 14 3786687

I knew it! Finally there is photographic evidence that he is half man and half horse.

400Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 04 2017, 21:00

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
And weirdly, exactly the same height as the Burnden Stand.

That's a lot of hands.....

401Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 04 2017, 21:05

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Bread2.0 wrote:And weirdly, exactly the same height as the Burnden Stand.

That's a lot of hands.....
Film and TV review. - Page 14 Screen10

402Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Jan 05 2017, 20:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
From the BBC show 'Revolting'



Very Happy

403Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 11 2017, 21:32

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Bread2.0 wrote:Sherlock on the Beeb starring Beryl Cumsatchel and that hobbit from The Office.

Waited 12 months for this and it turned out a bit rubbish.

Up its own arse, full of plot holes and self-involved, navel-gazing bollocks which not only didn't add to the plot, but actually made it a confusing pile of incoherent tripe.

Not impressed.

Still better than most crap on the box but it's trying too hard to be clever at this point.

404Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 18 2017, 19:40

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Not sure if I posted this on here before or the old 606 but here goes again...



An absolutely fantastic 36 minutes if you have the time.

405Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Feb 06 2017, 23:32

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Anyone watch The Accused tonight on ch5? An amazing documentary, worth catching if you didn't see it. I won't give a spoiler, but you HAVE to watch the end.

406Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Feb 07 2017, 12:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Chairmanda wrote:Anyone watch The Accused tonight on ch5? An amazing documentary, worth catching if you didn't see it. I won't give a spoiler, but you HAVE to watch the end.
I didn't see it,and probably won't now,as I already know the result of the trial.

Like the new avatar Manda. Very Happy

407Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 08:30

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Chairmanda wrote:Anyone watch The Accused tonight on ch5? An amazing documentary, worth catching if you didn't see it. I won't give a spoiler, but you HAVE to watch the end.
I didn't see it,and probably won't now,as I already know the result of the trial.

Like the new avatar Manda. Very Happy

I haven't seen it but let me take a wild guess: idiot mother defends brutal boyfriend despite overwhelming evidence that he battered her baby found guilty.

408Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 11:16

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I finally grew the nuts and sacked off SKY a couple of months ago and have taken on Netflix to keep the missus happy. She's not though, so I waded through and found some programmes of the type she likes. Some are old (House of Cards/Homeland) and some newer (Nobel, Juana Ines, The Medici) but I have to say that the quality is generally good. Throw in the best of Freesat and the occasional film and it just about keeps her amused enough to hold back on the whingeing. I know I'll have to get SKY again at some point (unless I can persuade the missus to get a naughty Kodi) but in the meantime I'm saving a grand a year so happy days.

409Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 12:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
not sure i could cope with no sky, think i mentioned before but i got a great deal with them (well my brother in law did to be honest) so i get the sports and all the boxsets now for a very reasonable price.

Just started watching Oz which i've been wanting to see for years and it's great so far

410Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 12:45

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Norpig wrote:not sure i could cope with no sky, think i mentioned before but i got a great deal with them (well my brother in law did to be honest) so i get the sports and all the boxsets now for a very reasonable price.

Just started watching Oz which i've been wanting to see for years and it's great so far

It's one of my all-time favorite shows, Norpig. There are some absolutely brilliant characters in there. I actually used to prioritise it over The Sopranos back when it first aired.

Seasons 1-4 were amazing but I think it wend downhill a bit in 5 and 6. Still worth watching the lot though.

411Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 12:49

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@wanderlust wrote:I finally grew the nuts and sacked off SKY a couple of months ago and have taken on Netflix to keep the missus happy. She's not though, so I waded through and found some programmes of the type she likes. Some are old (House of Cards/Homeland) and some newer (Nobel, Juana Ines, The Medici) but I have to say that the quality is generally good. Throw in the best of Freesat and the occasional film and it just about keeps her amused enough to hold back on the whingeing. I know I'll have to get SKY again at some point (unless I can persuade the missus to get a naughty Kodi) but in the meantime I'm saving a grand a year so happy days.
I use Kodi and have recently taken out a paid subscription. The paid service is called Flawless and costs £10 per month and you get the majority of the sky channels plus some US channels as well. You also get all the ppv and 3:00 kick offs. I watched the Eubank fight on ITV box office last weekend without a hitch. Absolute bargain for a tenner. If you take out longer subscriptions it gets progressively cheaper. They also do a 24 hour free trial so you can try before you buy. Incorporate it in with perfect player from the appstore so you have a tv guide linked in with it and it's spot on. I wish I'd have done it a long time ago.

412Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 12:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Is this Kodi thing legal? Weren't people being warned off?
Other than sport,I'm not a big TV watcher,so I'm not that clued up.

413Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 13:01

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@boltonbonce wrote:Is this Kodi thing legal? Weren't people being warned off?
Other than sport,I'm not a big TV watcher,so I'm not that clued up.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/photo-video/is-kodi-legal-streaming-movies-tv-3640854/%3Famp?client=ms-android-h3g-gb

414Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 13:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Kodi sounds good and my brother in law is always saying he can sort it out for me, but we tend to record most programs and watch them when the kids are in bed so sky + is great for that. Can you do the same on kodi?

415Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 13:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bwfc1958 wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Is this Kodi thing legal? Weren't people being warned off?
Other than sport,I'm not a big TV watcher,so I'm not that clued up.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.pcadvisor.co.uk/feature/photo-video/is-kodi-legal-streaming-movies-tv-3640854/%3Famp?client=ms-android-h3g-gb
Cheers mate. Might have a look at it. (although I'll probably forget).

416Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 13:35

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@Norpig wrote:Kodi sounds good and my brother in law is always saying he can sort it out for me, but we tend to record most programs and watch them when the kids are in bed so sky + is great for that. Can you do the same on kodi?
To my knowledge, no you can't. It's one of the very few downsides. I suppose it comes down to money. If you are willing to pay a substantial monthly amount to be able to record then sky is probably the way to go.

417Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 13:37

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@boltonbonce wrote:Is this Kodi thing legal? Weren't people being warned off?
Other than sport,I'm not a big TV watcher,so I'm not that clued up.
It's also worth noting that you don't actually need kodi to run Flawless IPTV. You just need to download perfect player from the appstore and link it to your flawless account. No Kodi needed.

418Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 14:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
so if i did get flawless would i be able to use my chromecast and cast it to my telly? Is it available on android?

419Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 14:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:so if i did get flawless would i be able to use my chromecast and cast it to my telly? Is it available on android?
I don't know what the hell you're talking about,but it sounds marvelous. Neutral

420Film and TV review. - Page 14 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 08 2017, 16:31

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@Norpig wrote:so if i did get flawless would i be able to use my chromecast and cast it to my telly? Is it available on android?
It is available on android. You can get the flawless iptv app from the playstore. To be honest though Norpig, I have no idea if you can cast to chromecast or not. By all accounts it is possible but I don't have a chromecast so can't vouch for it myself. The easiest way is on a firestick or android box of some kind, even some smart TV's that have an android operating system. Personally I use a firestick so that's the only thing I can vouch for personally.

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum