You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Film and TV review.

Film and TV review.

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 28]

751Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Dec 16 2018, 16:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@xmiles wrote:The Shape of Water

Much better than I expected.

I wasn't going to watch it, but after your recommendation I did.

You're right, not bad.

Stick to film reviews in future, forget Brexit.
Ridiculous movie. Some mute woman masturbating  on a regular basis in her bath.

Must be like a home movie for Nat.

752Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Dec 16 2018, 16:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Ridiculous movie. Some mute woman masturbating  on a regular basis in her bath.

Must be like a home movie for Nat.

This is a serious film thread and you bring up masturbation. What a surprise.

753Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Dec 16 2018, 16:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Ridiculous movie. Some mute woman masturbating  on a regular basis in her bath.

Must be like a home movie for Nat.

This is a serious film thread and you bring up masturbation. What a surprise.
You never saw Vera Lynn knocking one out in 'Rhythm Serenade'.

Good clean entertainment. Apart from the singing.

754Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Dec 16 2018, 18:08

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@xmiles wrote:The Shape of Water

Much better than I expected.

I wasn't going to watch it, but after your recommendation I did.

You're right, not bad.

Stick to film reviews in future, forget Brexit.

Laughing

755Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Dec 23 2018, 09:28

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Anyone else a fan of Rick and Morty?

756Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sun Dec 23 2018, 19:22

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
My Brilliant Friend.


SKY ATLANTIC, watch it on catch-up.

First HBO foreign language production.

Stay with it.

757Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Dec 28 2018, 18:34

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Recently got Netflix and am now watching Ozark.

I also enjoyed Arrival, which is that rare thing a quality scifi film.

758Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Dec 28 2018, 19:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Anyone watching the ABC murders on BBC1? 

Malkovich isn't my cup of tea as Poirot. 

Having said that, I'm enjoying it well enough.

759Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Dec 28 2018, 22:58

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@boltonbonce wrote:Anyone watching the ABC murders on BBC1? 

Malkovich isn't my cup of tea as Poirot. 

Having said that, I'm enjoying it well enough.

Interesting and entertaining but I found some bits irritating. I'm no Agatha Christie expert but this was clearly a modern adaptation.

760Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Fri Jan 04 2019, 12:38

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m loving Parfum on Netflix - it’s an excellent tale of murder, perversion and obsession not to be confused with the Siskind book of the same name which is completely different. It’s in German with subtitles and well worth it. A proper thriller.

761Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Jan 14 2019, 10:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Eyes Of Orson Welles. BBC4. Catch it on iPlayer. Superb.

762Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Jan 23 2019, 13:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can't help feeling this version of The Lord Of The Rings lacks a certain credibility.

763Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sat Feb 02 2019, 10:31

okocha

okocha
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Saw Golden Globe winner and Oscar-nominated "Green Book" yesterday.

 Not new subject-matter but touching, brilliantly acted and very funny.....as was Stan and Ollie too.

764Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sat Feb 02 2019, 12:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@okocha wrote:Saw Golden Globe winner and Oscar-nominated "Green Book" yesterday.

 Not new subject-matter but touching, brilliantly acted and very funny.....as was Stan and Ollie too.
Hasn't there been a touch of controversy regarding Green Book? The family of Don Shirley not being overly impressed.

765Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sat Feb 02 2019, 13:27

okocha

okocha
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Yes, they weren't consulted over content that reflects their lives five decades ago, but the film is not trying to be a biopic. 

It's entertainment.... with race relations in the USA in the 60s as the background. Essentially it's about the relationship between a proud, black musical genius and a white loudmouth from the Bronx with a heart of gold underneath his rough and ready exterior. They learn from each other quite touchingly amidst a lot of laugh-out-loud moments. Superlative acting. No wonder it's won awards, but doubt it will beat some of the more high-profile films nominated for Oscars.

766Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Sat Feb 02 2019, 13:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm looking forward to seeing it. Gets good reviews all round.

767Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Feb 18 2019, 19:34

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Green Wing is being shown on Gold at the moment. For something made in 2004 it stands up very well and is still very funny.

And for bonce there is even an appearance by John Oliver in episode one as a car salesman.

768Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Feb 18 2019, 19:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:Green Wing is being shown on Gold at the moment. For something made in 2004 it stands up very well and is still very funny.

And for bonce there is even an appearance by John Oliver in episode one as a car salesman.
Hope he isn't using that Brummie accent. Very Happy

769Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Feb 18 2019, 19:39

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@boltonbonce wrote:
@xmiles wrote:Green Wing is being shown on Gold at the moment. For something made in 2004 it stands up very well and is still very funny.

And for bonce there is even an appearance by John Oliver in episode one as a car salesman.
Hope he isn't using that Brummie accent. Very Happy

He doesn't get to say much. Smile

770Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Mon Feb 18 2019, 19:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Probably why he can't stop talking on his own show. Very Happy

771Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Feb 19 2019, 20:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
10pm Tonight. CH4.

100 Vaginas.
Documentary artist Laura Dodsworth photographs and interviews 18 women, from the age of 19 to 77, about how their vagina has shaped their lives.

Has it come to this?

772Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Feb 19 2019, 20:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:10pm Tonight. CH4.

100 Vaginas.
Documentary artist Laura Dodsworth photographs and interviews 18 women, from the age of 19 to 77, about how their vagina has shaped their lives.

Has it come to this?

Jesus Christ! Shocked

773Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Feb 19 2019, 22:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm disappointed not to have been part of this show. My vagina is worth a whole programme of its own.

774Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Feb 19 2019, 22:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm disappointed not to have been part of this show. My vagina is worth a whole programme of its own.
Indeed. Two c***s for the price of one. Razz

775Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Feb 19 2019, 22:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:trust:

776Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Tue Feb 19 2019, 22:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
All I can say is that I’m glad we don’t have smellovision yet! Very Happy

777Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 20 2019, 18:57

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Saw Stan and Ollie today.

Gentle , funny, heart warming film.

Riley and Cooghan great in their roles.

778Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Wed Feb 20 2019, 19:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:Saw Stan and Ollie today.

Gentle , funny, heart warming film.

Riley and Cooghan great in their roles.
Looking forward to seeing it.

779Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Feb 21 2019, 17:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Cajunboy wrote:Saw Stan and Ollie today.

Gentle , funny, heart warming film.

Riley and Cooghan great in their roles.
Looking forward to seeing it.
I think you will enjoy it.

The previous week I saw Mary Queen of Scots, that didn't end well for Saoirse Ronan.

780Film and TV review. - Page 26 Empty Re: Film and TV review. on Thu Feb 21 2019, 18:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Cajunboy wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:
@Cajunboy wrote:Saw Stan and Ollie today.

Gentle , funny, heart warming film.

Riley and Cooghan great in their roles.
Looking forward to seeing it.
I think you will enjoy it.

The previous week I saw Mary Queen of Scots, that didn't end well for Saoirse Ronan.
I stopped going to the pictures years ago. In fact, the last film I saw at a picture house was Star Trek: The wrath of Khan.

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum