Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 50]

811Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Mar 12 2019, 08:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Another massively over-rated show is Fleabag. Not funny at all.
Agreed. just don't get it.

812Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Mar 12 2019, 08:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I've been a big fan of Alan Partridge over the years, but his new series is pretty diabolical. I struggled through the first two episodes, but tonight, fifteen minutes in, I had to turn it off.
It's just not funny.

I watched the first one and haven't bothered since.

I would have liked to see a new series of Phoenix Nights with Peter Kay but I can't ever see that happening.

Same with Father Ted - but that is definitely impossible.

Hard to believe it is over twenty years since poor Dermot Morgan died, only 45 years old to, gone far too young.
Might still be hope for Phoenix Nights, but Father Ted has lost too many actors to stand a chance. Dermot Morgan was pivotal to the show.
Twenty years since he died? Scary how time runs away from us as we get older.

813Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Apr 10 2019, 14:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone watching Don't Forget The Driver, with Toby Jones? 

Not very funny in my book. Just depresses me.

814Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Apr 10 2019, 15:15

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone watching Don't Forget The Driver, with Toby Jones? 

I meant to watch that, will have a look on Catch up.

I liked The Detectorist with Toby Jones, did you see that Boncey?

815Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Apr 10 2019, 15:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:

I meant to watch that, will have a look on Catch up.

I liked The Detectorist with Toby Jones, did you see that Boncey?
Saw that, and quite enjoyed it.

This one just didn't do it for me. You can watch all six episodes on iPlayer, so I'd be interested to know what you think.

There's no real harm in it, but if you're looking for belly laughs, don't bother.

Toby Jones is excellent though.

816Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Apr 10 2019, 15:32

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Toby Jones is always great whatever he is involved with, I agree.

I will have a look at the series, not in one sitting though.

817Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Apr 10 2019, 15:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If you want funny try the latest and unfortunately the last series of Veep.

818Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Apr 10 2019, 15:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Veep is fantastic, anyone been watching home on channel 4? It's about a Syrian refugee that sneaks into England and moves in with a family. It's been very good so far, funny and thought provoking. Im sure the Tommeh supporters will love it  Laughing

819Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Apr 10 2019, 16:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Veep is fantastic, anyone been watching home on channel 4? It's about a Syrian refugee that sneaks into England and moves in with a family. It's been very good so far, funny and thought provoking. Im sure the Tommeh supporters will love it  Laughing
Don't Forget The Driver touches on illegal immigration, sex trafficking and dementia, which is all very worthy, but I'd been looking for a few laughs.

Agree about Veep. Quality writing.

820Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Apr 16 2019, 19:19

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Go watch Wild Rose at the cinema. Surely award-winning acting from Jessie Buckley and Julie Walters. Very enjoyable, funny and moving.

821Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun May 12 2019, 20:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apart from sport, I've not watched much telly this week, but I made a space for this. Brilliant stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0004j8f/john-lee-hooker-the-boogie-man

822Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri May 17 2019, 18:31

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Just watched BlacKkKlansman. Entertaining and disturbing.

823Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue May 28 2019, 23:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chernobyl - great program

824Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu May 30 2019, 09:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone watching What We Do in the Shadows? Not seen the film but watching the TV series and it is great, It has the magnificent Matt Berry in it and is written buy Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords.

825Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu May 30 2019, 10:29

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Anyone watching What We Do in the Shadows? Not seen the film but watching the TV series and it is great, It has the magnificent Matt Berry in it and is written buy Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords.
I saw the film and didn’t think much of it but I’m planning to start the series as I’ve heard good things

826Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu May 30 2019, 10:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Anyone watching What We Do in the Shadows? Not seen the film but watching the TV series and it is great, It has the magnificent Matt Berry in it and is written buy Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Conchords.

Yes it is good.

827Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri May 31 2019, 12:12

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Chernobyl - great program

I agree, also very disturbing.

828Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri May 31 2019, 12:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is and amazing how they just used “bio-robots” to try and clean up the mess.

829Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri May 31 2019, 12:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Not seen it, but I'm told a scene where they are shooting dogs is particularly horrific.

830Film and TV review. - Page 42 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri May 31 2019, 14:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Not seen it, but I'm told a scene where they are shooting dogs is particularly horrific.

There is far worse than that in it. The dog shooting scenes are not at all offensive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum