Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Sad

+7
gloswhite
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
Mr Magoo
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1This Sad Empty This is Sad Tue Jan 19 2016, 19:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

2This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Tue Jan 19 2016, 19:20

Have we sold the wandering minds forum to fund kps rent boy habit or something

3This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Tue Jan 19 2016, 19:21

Staggering.

4This Sad Empty This Sad Tue Jan 19 2016, 20:59

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

5This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Tue Jan 19 2016, 21:00

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

y2johnny wrote:Have we sold the wandering minds forum to fund kps rent boy habit or something

Embarassed I have reposted this on Wandering Minds.

6This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Tue Jan 19 2016, 21:43

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good grief. 

He'll get his reward in Paradise at least.

7This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Tue Jan 19 2016, 21:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Have we sold the wandering minds forum to fund kps rent boy habit or something

Embarassed  I have reposted this on Wandering Minds.  
I have to merge both threads now instead of moving!!! ::seething2::

Very Happy

8This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Tue Jan 19 2016, 22:00

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

karlypants wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Very Happy
about time you did abit off work on this place (lazy bastid) Very Happy

9This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Tue Jan 19 2016, 22:00

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

karlypants wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Very Happy
Come on now kp, deep breaths. Don't let the ocd take over. You can get through this.  Very Happy

10This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Tue Jan 19 2016, 22:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

11This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Wed Jan 20 2016, 13:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How depressing that a kid would go to such lengths to be seen to conform. That said he will have a lifelong career as a beggar.

12This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Wed Jan 20 2016, 14:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

These people are throwbacks to the dark ages and the Inquisition, (or even earlier), and to think that they walk amongst us.

13This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Wed Jan 20 2016, 14:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

They are brainwashed - that's all really - hardly their fault.

Religion evolved to bring people together and lead them.  The big difference between the west and the Islamic world is that we moved away from the power of our religious leaders to develop democracy and an independent judiciary and they didn't - their religion is all powerful still, and it controls its followers life's and its norms and society.

Science has proved for me that there is no thing as a God, certainly not one that has the job of keeping an eye on the earth and every living thing on it, so I don't believe in a afterlife or heaven, so have no need for religious leaders telling me how to live my life to get there - those poor sods do and simply want the best for themselves and their family's.

In a sense I can't blame them for their ignorance and misguided beliefs.

If it wasn't for the USA's link with Saudi and its oil we probably would just have let them get on with their way of life and us with ours.

Hopefully one day we can both move on and live our lives free from each other - probably be the best for all of us if we could.

14This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Wed Jan 20 2016, 16:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Science has proved for me that there is no thing as a God

Outrageous claim. More religious hate.

15This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Wed Jan 20 2016, 18:52

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy, you said 'They are brainwashed - that's all really - hardly their fault.'  Sorry, but this is absolute bollocks.

They are living to an old and barbaric way of life, in the name of their religion, but this doesn't mean that they don't know right from wrong. They're not stupid, and are well aware of their place in society, yet they seem, to me, to cherry pick what is most beneficial for them, and claim religious sanctuary whenever something goes wrong.

16This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Wed Jan 20 2016, 18:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
They are living to an old and barbaric way of life, in the name of their religion, but this doesn't mean that they don't know right from wrong. They're not stupid, and are well aware of their place in society, yet they seem, to me, to cherry pick what is most beneficial for them, and claim religious sanctuary whenever something goes wrong.

This.  :like:

17This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Wed Jan 20 2016, 19:08

gloswhite wrote:Sluffy, you said 'They are brainwashed - that's all really - hardly their fault.'  Sorry, but this is absolute bollocks.

In regards to the story above it's probable that people from rural areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan don't know right and wrong by our Western standards. The education of many of these people is conducted in Madrasa's where the only book allowed to be taught from is the Koran so as such; to Sluffy's point, are they brainwashed? Yes I think they are, and I think most of us would be if we'd spent our lives only being exposed to one way of thinking.

18This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Wed Jan 20 2016, 19:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

19This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Thu Jan 21 2016, 17:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bwfc1874 wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Sluffy, you said 'They are brainwashed - that's all really - hardly their fault.'  Sorry, but this is absolute bollocks.

In regards to the story above it's probable that people from rural areas of Pakistan and Afghanistan don't know right and wrong by our Western standards. The education of many of these people is conducted in Madrasa's where the only book allowed to be taught from is the Koran so as such; to Sluffy's point, are they brainwashed? Yes I think they are, and I think most of us would be if we'd spent our lives only being exposed to one way of thinking.
Fair point. However, regardless of their religious standing, (which seems to point more to a survival instinct), surely people must realise its wrong when you see such things as women and children being stoned to death for some perceived sleight to the Prophet. When a young man has to cut off his own hand in order to fend off further attacks, (no matter what spin he puts on it), you have to wonder just what is going on.

I just find it very strange that people of the same religion can be so cruel, not just to infidels, but even more so to their own.

20This Sad Empty Re: This Sad Thu Jan 21 2016, 18:36

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Some of the worst atrocities are committed by people against people of the same religion but of a different flavour. Look at the hatred between many Sunni and Shia groups or the way the Catholic church burnt Protestants alive for crimes like publishing the Bible in English not Latin.

One thing all religious extremists hate is knowledge and education. The latest example being the Taliban attack on a university in Pakistan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum