Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Billionaire banker wants us now

+23
bryan458
Reebok Trotter
FullofSprite
Bwfc1958
dubzee
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
Banks of the Croal
gloswhite
Norpig
doffcocker
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Cajunboy
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
JAH
Boggersbelief
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 7]

121Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 22:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm really in two minds at the moment. I have always viewed the takeover by foreign ownership of any British football club with suspicion. The Chicken merchants at Blackburn, Vinny Tan at Cardiff, the Mafiosa at Watford and at Leeds, Carson Yeung at Birmingham, etc etc.

The situation must be really desperate whereby I am now at the stage where I am happy for the club to nail it's colours to the most wealthy mast out there at the moment.

122Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 22:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'm really in two minds at the moment. I have always viewed the takeover by foreign ownership of any British football club with suspicion. The Chicken merchants at Blackburn, Vinny Tan at Cardiff, the Mafiosa at Watford and at Leeds, Carson Yeung at Birmingham, etc etc.

The situation must be really desperate whereby I am now at the stage where I am happy for the club to nail it's colours to the most wealthy mast out there at the moment.

All of those teams are doing better and are in a more secure financial state than us.

123Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 22:24

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exactly my point Boggers. Nevertheless.... we must always bear in mind the old mantra..... Better the devil you know.

124Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 22:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd love us to be taken over by this Tamraz geezer. On the face of it, who wouldn't? Do I think it will happen? Definitely not.

I do not want the ST to get the gig as that will confine us to the lower leagues for a long time

125Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 23:11

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Boggersbelief wrote:I'd love us to be taken over by this Tamraz geezer. On the face of it, who wouldn't? Do I think it will happen? Definitely not.

I do not want the ST to get the gig as that will confine us to the lower leagues for a long time
But everyone is thinking it won't happen for one reason or another. Lets enjoy it for now, particularly iles embarrassment at being caught out.

My bet is ED will turn it down and this Tamraz geezer will end up at Everton - no - they won't mind whether he has a dodgy past - they'll take him anyway. Why Bolton fans need to be so puritanical I have no idea

126Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 23:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's no way ED will turn him down as he has the money to take us forward.

127Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Fri Jan 29 2016, 23:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

And he may even pay a bit more to ED

128Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Sat Jan 30 2016, 19:30

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:

You are missing the point. Nobody has said they'd prefer to watch madine over aguero..

But it would be extremely boring if your team won every single week, add to that you're sat next to some glory hunter from london or from foreign lands. 

Just look at Del Boy, he was bored shitless when he eventually became a millionaire.
What's wrong with being a supporter from a foreign land?  No

Jamaica isn't foreign anyway, I live here.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

129Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Sat Jan 30 2016, 19:32

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

As to Financial Fair Play - when our kits are healthily sponsored by Tamoil doesn't that bypass FFP?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

130Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Sat Jan 30 2016, 19:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:As to Financial Fair Play - when our kits are healthily sponsored by Tamoil doesn't that bypass FFP?
 thats how City do it, call it sponsorship for the kit, stadium, pies, the club cat and anything else you can think of

131Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Sun Jan 31 2016, 13:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

why has it all gone quiet on this now? Was it all a load of bollocks? Come on Rog break out the chequebook

132Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Mon Feb 01 2016, 09:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The only source that I can find for this rumour is the BN so it wouldn't surprise me if Roger has no idea who BWFC are.

133Billionaire banker wants us now - Page 7 Empty Re: Billionaire banker wants us now Mon Feb 01 2016, 10:25

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Norpig wrote:why has it all gone quiet on this now? Was it all a load of bollocks? Come on Rog break out the chequebook
If you read the article it said "we're behind in due diligence" and until that is done we can't press ahead.

Later it went on to say "it wasn't a pressing matter as they had until 22nd feb"

He is presently bidding to buy back his old swiss oil field.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum