Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now the truth's out I actually feel worse....

+9
scottjames30
terenceanne
gloswhite
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
karlypants
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Why is Holdsworth a "bent twat". Or Anderson for that matter. From where I'm standing, those two guys saved us from going bust and are trying their hardest to clean up the mess that Davies has left

Wasting your time, some "fans" want us to fail so they can say "I told you so".

Remember Sports Shield's co-owner with Holdsworth when they first popped up in November?

There was a photo in the BN of Holdsworth and his "business partner" at Sports Shield, Michael Collins, sat together in a box at the Macron.

(They were actually the bread in a John Disley sandwich in the photo.)

Well, Collins is no longer involved with SS because he's spending a bit of time at her majesty's pleasure at an undisclosed location for mortgage fraud.

So, yeah.....I don't trust Holdsworth.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Collins and disley had fuck all to do with Holdsworth.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've made breadman look a right tit tbf

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Collins and disley had fuck all to do with Holdsworth.

Not what was claimed at the time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Bolton news and Nixon both said that Collins was the backer behind Disleys bid. Which was completely separate from Holdsworth, the Bolton news and Nixon also said that Holdsworth had no idea who Disley was

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:The Bolton news and Nixon both said that Collins was the backer behind Disleys bid. Which was completely separate from Holdsworth, the Bolton news and Nixon also said that Holdsworth had no idea who Disley was

?

Did you not read the link above from the BOLTON NEWS itself?

...The Bolton News understands.

Sports Shield Investments, the company co-owned by ex-Whites striker Dean Holdsworth and his business partner Michael Collins, met with the club’s new financial consultant Trevor Birch yesterday to finalise details on their offer to Eddie Davies for ownership of the club.

It is now thought financial backing for the bid has not come from an outside party, as previously speculated, but is completely secured by assets owned by the company’s partners.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah...? 

My point still stand, Collins and Disley have fuck all to do with anything regarding bwfc. Including Holdsworth

Boggersbelief wrote:Yeah...? 

My point still stand, Collins and Disley have fuck all to do with anything regarding bwfc. Including Holdsworth

I'm not saying they do.

But Collins was a founding partner of SS with Holdsworth so what does that say about Holdsworth's business dealings?

And that's without considering the fact that then he roped in a bloke who'd previously been barred from being a company director for ten years after he was found guilty of financial misconduct.

I said I didn't trust Holdsworth.

And that's why.

You believe what you want.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope we get promoted next season, shut up all the negative tits.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:I hope we get promoted next season, shut up all the negative tits.
As one of the negative mammary glands in question I think a question would be in order here scott.

Just how likely do you think promotion is?

I'd love it personally, it would be fantastic to have something like that to cheer about after the last twelve months but I'd be lying if I said I can see it happening. So if you disagree and think there's something to be cheerful about now (other than the club's existence) then please, share it with us because I could certainly use something to hope for concerning the club and I'd bet I'm not alone in that.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Then you read about Aston Villa's take over and the new owners promising to spend up to 50 mill to get promoted ....... makes yer cry Sad

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:Then you read about Aston Villa's take over and the new owners promising to spend up to 50 mill to get promoted ....... makes yer cry Sad
They'd be lucky to pay off Lescott, Richards, N'zogbia, and Agbonlahor for that

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I hope we get promoted next season, shut up all the negative tits.
As one of the negative mammary glands in question I think a question would be in order here scott.

I'd love it personally, it would be fantastic to have something like that to cheer about after the last twelve months but I'd be lying if I said I can see it happening. So if you disagree and think there's something to be cheerful about now (other than the club's existence) then please, share it with us because I could certainly use something to hope for concerning the club and I'd bet I'm not alone in that.
Peter, all this negativity is depressing, and painfully drawn out with your long posts.

Can I ask what you would like/expect to see happening to the club and team, and how it can be taken forward from where we are. Surely, there must be something you can see that gives us a little hope ? Just a little bit of constructive criticism ?

FullofSprite

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Breadman wrote:Iles has just published a piece in the BN which sheds a little light on how and why Sports Shield got involved with trying to buy the club.

Turns out Gartside approached them with the view to buying the club himself.

Fuck me.....

That fell apart (for reasons unknown) but Holdsworth's appetite was well and truly whetted and he ended up launching his own bid (backed by Bruce Gordon's millions).

But then Gordon realised what a fucking monumental mistake it would be to throw money at Bolton Wanderers and backed out.

It appears that DH was already too far in to call it off and that's where Ken Anderson comes in.

What a fucking half-baked mess.

No wonder we're up shit creak.

There obviously is no long term plan, or even a short to middle term one beyond trying to flog the likes of Holding, and I honestly think we're fucked here.

Hope I'm wrong.
I was equally surprised by the revelation that Phil Gartside was trying to buy the club as I was that Marc Iles didn't know that the club had been up for sale for at least 4 years and if memory serves longer than that.

Every new owner of a football club has questions marks over them, be it Ambramovich, Mike Ashley or the Glazers. So Tamraz and his motives don't really bother me. Also it's normal in football to leverage the club for success, 90% of the clubs have had their assets put in as security for huge loans in the hope of winning promotion, or even titles - it doesn't stop Man U making a £500 million profit.

If we try to take the moral grounds we won't get anywhere and may well get relegated even further.  Every chairman in the land has been accused of getting up to all sorts of dodgy deals by every supporter going. Those who are old enough will remember the pelters that George and Derek  Warburton use to get. The club and it's owners seem to be constantly accused of some form of corruption. Normally it's plain and simple - we don't have any money, we've a very small fan base and we're trying to live beyond our means.

I don't care what Roger Tamraz motives were for wanting to take over BWFC, providing he was prepared to back it up and make the club run at a profit who cares.

I don't know what Deano's motives were for wanting to take over - but it saved the club and we should be grateful for that. Lets give the new owners a chance and get behind the club for a change.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

FullofSprite wrote:
Breadman wrote:Iles has just published a piece in the BN which sheds a little light on how and why Sports Shield got involved with trying to buy the club.

Turns out Gartside approached them with the view to buying the club himself.

Fuck me.....

That fell apart (for reasons unknown) but Holdsworth's appetite was well and truly whetted and he ended up launching his own bid (backed by Bruce Gordon's millions).

But then Gordon realised what a fucking monumental mistake it would be to throw money at Bolton Wanderers and backed out.

It appears that DH was already too far in to call it off and that's where Ken Anderson comes in.

What a fucking half-baked mess.

No wonder we're up shit creak.

There obviously is no long term plan, or even a short to middle term one beyond trying to flog the likes of Holding, and I honestly think we're fucked here.

Hope I'm wrong.
I was equally surprised by the revelation that Phil Gartside was trying to buy the club as I was that Marc Iles didn't know that the club had been up for sale for at least 4 years and if memory serves longer than that.

Every new owner of a football club has questions marks over them, be it Ambramovich, Mike Ashley or the Glazers. So Tamraz and his motives don't really bother me. Also it's normal in football to leverage the club for success, 90% of the clubs have had their assets put in as security for huge loans in the hope of winning promotion, or even titles - it doesn't stop Man U making a £500 million profit.

If we try to take the moral grounds we won't get anywhere and may well get relegated even further.  Every chairman in the land has been accused of getting up to all sorts of dodgy deals by every supporter going. Those who are old enough will remember the pelters that George and Derek  Warburton use to get. The club and it's owners seem to be constantly accused of some form of corruption. Normally it's plain and simple - we don't have any money, we've a very small fan base and we're trying to live beyond our means.

I don't care what Roger Tamraz motives were for wanting to take over BWFC, providing he was prepared to back it up and make the club run at a profit who cares.

I don't know what Deano's motives were for wanting to take over - but it saved the club and we should be grateful for that. Lets give the new owners a chance and get behind the club for a change.
I think we're all behind the club sprite but we have differing views of what the new owners are doing and more importantly can do beyond the current condition of simple knife edge survival. I won't go on about the embargo etc or the job cuts, I've done them to death. But the fact we still don't have a manager after so long suggests to me at least that no one really wants it and the reason for that is they've found out they'll have to work with both hands tied behind their back and wearing a blindfold.

In all honesty I'm personally grateful to Ken and Dean for keeping our club alive at least for now but I think there are a lot more struggles ahead of us before we even arrest the slide let alone start climbing up the ladder again. Right now it's hard for me to see Ken and Dean as anything more than interim owners, place holders who will spend a couple of years balancing the books then look to sell on and get out for whatever profit they can make. I have no problem with that if that's the case but I still can't help wondering why Tamraz was so blatantly ignored when he clearly has the resources and the will to do much more than Sport Shield could. For me Eddie and Phil have a lot to answer for in this entire process.

Where does this notion that Holdsworth and Anderson have "kept the club alive" or "saved it" come from?

I keep reading comments along those lines, not only on here, but in the wider media.

They haven't saved anything.

We were never going to get wound up by the court because Davies had the paperwork for Administration filed well in advance of the various hearings, so liquidation was never even on the table, let alone snatched off it.

In fact, given that we were obviously heading down to League 1 anyway and our new owners are struggling to pay the bills already, you could make the argument that we'd have been better off (for the health of the club, not for SS, Anderson and President Edwin mind) to have taken the points deduction last season when it didn't matter, instead of trying to stumble along through the summer, realise they can't afford to run the club and wind up in Administration this summer and facing the prospect of beginning life in League 1 on -15 points.

The only reason things went down to the wire at the High Court (if you believe all this "30 minutes before the hearing" bollocks), was because ED stood to lose out financially if he had had to play the Admin card, so he hung on right to the death.

This is what really pisses me off about it all, the way history's being rewritten already.

And I'm genuinely not having a pop at anybody on here with those comments.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Peter, all this negativity is depressing, and painfully drawn out with your long posts.

Can I ask what you would like/expect to see happening to the club and team, and how it can be taken forward from where we are. Surely, there must be something you can see that gives us a little hope ? Just a little bit of constructive criticism ?
Glos, I think the fact we avoided admin if not liquidation was a good thing. I may sound negative about our immediate prospects because I feel that way. But here's what I want to see that I believe should be realistically possible.

First, the embargo has got to go. It's lunacy to leave it in place imo (although I can see the logic behind it in purely financial terms) because it puts off any potential manager or investor. Lusty in particular has posted his opinion about why it doesn't really matter but I disagree, this is a major issue of perception, of how the club is viewed from the outside.

Second, the new manager. This ties into the first imo but whether or not the embargo is still in place doesn't change the fact we need the manager question settled quickly. I realise it's only May but the players report back for pre-season in about five weeks and the transfer window opens on July 1st. We need someone in that seat before those two events and the way it's dragged on already is annoying the hell out of me. I suspect it'll be Peter Reid or perhaps JP with Reidy as DoF but in honesty I would be fine with that, I just want the damned thing settled so we can move forward.

Third, I don't expect to see us romping League One even if the above points are dealt with. What I hope to see is that the club as a whole comes together and we see a better spirit running through it than we have over the last few months in particular. I would be fine with a mid table finish if the lads on the pitch have given their best and the manager has got the most out of them. Let's face it we haven't exactly seen a lot to cheer at the Macron recently have we? I want to see a reason to hope again, not necessarily instant success but a reason to believe the worst is truly over and we've touched bottom would make me very happy indeed.

If those three things are too much to ask then I fear for this club's future. If they're not, if they get addressed then I'm going to go back to being a cock eyed optimist who firmly believes that Barcelona don't come to the Macron because they're scared of being hammered 26-0 by some real footballers. Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The upside of having 23 senior professionals under contract next season, half of whom have Premiership experience and a salary to match is that in theory, with the right motivation and organisation, they should be good enough to get promoted.

The fact that most of them will be out of contract in summer 2017 should provide the motivation to do well, so it's just a matter of finding a system that suits.
It would be another huge disappointment if they don't get promoted TBH - and I suspect Deano and Anderson are banking on it.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Regarding saving the club from liquidation I agree that it was never going to happen, what people are forgetting about administration is that if we had gone into administration and taken the points loss for last season we would have had to come out of it or we would have a loss of points next season too and it looks like we wouldn't have had the money to do that. So saving us from administration has at least got us starting the season on 0 points instead of -12.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The problem is the perception that being taken over by SS was some sort of scam engineered by Eddie & Phil.  When other names were initially thrown around I was excited at the prospect of new owners with cash to spend and hopes for the future.  Now we have SS who do seem to be a stop-gap answer for now.  So instead of us all celebrating a new era to begin......I think most of us are seeing further decline.  It's hard to get exited about it at the moment.
Whoever the new manager turns out to be will have nothing but video to judge the current players on. That's hard to know were the strengths & weaknesses are IMO.  Not to mention it sounds like the executives will be making footballing decisions on who is coming and going.
The bottom line of it is we all want to be positive for the new season but as of today there is nowt to make us feel that way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum